Dates When Carnival Ships Will Resume

sunonfire

Just to be clear this article is listing when the PUBLISHED first cruise of each Carnival ship is. The writer has NO inside knowledge of whether these ships will actually SAIL on those dates in the article. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, modes said:

Panorama?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you read the article, the last paragraph states that all of the other Carnival ships will hopefully start back sometime in September.   This obviously  would include the Panorama.

43 minutes ago, datolim said:

This article by the TA is there to generate booking for them and Carnival.

Carnival is going nowhere as long as the CDC No Sail Order is in effect and extended.

The CDC no sail order is currently in effect until July 27.  Carnival and the other lines that hope to sail in August have a right to do so assuming that the CDC order does not get extended.  The way that the country is starting to open up it would not be inconceivable  that cruises could resume in some areas of the country  in 10 weeks.  At least Carnival has a game plan and is only starting out with a tentative plan of 8 ships and 3 ports.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, datolim said:

This article by the TA is there to generate booking for them and Carnival.

Carnival is going nowhere as long as the CDC No Sail Order is in effect and extended.

Scheduled to expire in late July. Unless you have insider info on it being extended already? 

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you read the article, the last paragraph states that all of the other Carnival ships will hopefully start back sometime in September.   This obviously  would include the Panorama.

The CDC no sail order is currently in effect until July 27.  Carnival and the other lines that hope to sail in August have a right to do so assuming that the CDC order does not get extended.  The way that the country is starting to open up it would not be inconceivable  that cruises could resume in some areas of the country  in 10 weeks.  At least Carnival has a game plan and is only starting out with a tentative plan of 8 ships and 3 ports.

The CDC will be extended. The demands in the Order will not just disappear in August. Hospital ships, Resident ships, every cruise ship clinic renovated into mini hospital etc etc will last until a vaccine is found.

Parts of the country opening up has nothing to do with the No Sail Order.

Edited by datolim

43 minutes ago, datolim said:

The CDC will be extended. The demands in the Order will not just disappear in August. Hospital ships, Resident ships, every cruise ship clinic renovated into mini hospital etc etc will last until a vaccine is found.

What are you even talking about? 

One demand of the order is 100 days which as stated as July 27. Carnival isn't planning on sailing until Aug. 1. (one demand met)

Another is The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations. (which they could do at any time)

It's only in effect until one of it's terms is met.

We all don't know. But you acting like you do is funny.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Has carnival started to notify the people on ships that are not starting up n August?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

It's a five hour drive for us so no big deal. I just wanted to have a cruise for my birthday😃

Good for you. And I find it obnoxious that someone would criticize your choice of what cruise to take.

And happy birthday in advance.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Has carnival started to notify the people on ships that are not starting up n August?

This is directly from the Carnival website and should look familiar to anyone who has been following this issue at all.  This is the latest, issued May 21.

image.thumb.png.8634a679fdd8c34206741ecc0142099a.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, datolim said:

The NSO will be allowed to expire.  The requirements will just disappear.  Minor compliance modifications which will likely never be needed.  There is still no guarantee an effective vaccine will be found.

Florida opening, and the theme parks in particular, has everything to do with the resumption of cruising.  The political reality is that the State of Florida will decide on when cruising will return.  The CDC will 'pre-align' it's guidance to what Florida wants.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Best of luck and enjoy your cruise on the second oldest ship in the fleet with port stops in Nassau and Freeport.  Hopefully  you'll be able to drive to JAX so you don't  have to incur flight costs for a 4 day cruise.

Well, aren't we just a giant ball of cheeriness!

Back to the OP topic: Florida is opening up.  And people are being stupid.

If we get a large second wave, it will be very interesting to see how the state responds, and whether it impacts the cruise line industry's plans.

7 hours ago, datolim said:

The hospital ship(s) in NYC got stood down.  Nobody ended up converting any cruise ship to any other use, AFAIK, except to transport crew home.

No-one, regardless of how smart it may be, will wait for a vaccine before resuming operations.

11 minutes ago, datolim said:

https://cruiseradio.net/cdc-details-what-cruise-lines-must-do-to-sail-again/

When Carnival has complied with all these CDC No Sail Order

And that very article states:

"That means that as of now, if the “No-Sail Order” were to remain in effect for the duration (and not be extended), ships would sail again on July 24, 2020.

However, it is possible that ships could return sooner."

So resuming 1 August 2020 seems like a very likely scenario.  (I didn't say smart, or dumb, just likely.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, datolim said:

You think CDC fighting a Pandemic in July will just collapse in August and let Carnival keep on sailing.

All states have already started to loosen up lock down "rules/suggestions", and many, like Florida, are well into the plans to get fully up and rolling.  

The CDC has not reacted to those changes, AFAIK, and I think it will be very unlikely, given the current political "climate", that the CDC will do anything to slow down the restart unless there are actual huge new spikes.

The CDC will continue to "fight" the pandemic for as long as it is a real threat - they will fight it by continuing to advise people on the wearing masks and social distancing, and co-ordinating testing and vaccine development.  But I just don't see them extending the no sail order or doing anything to upset the apple-cart of reopening the country.

Note that I am not saying I agree with the current actions, just making observations on what I think is likely to occur (or not).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boatseller said:

the State of Florida will decide on when cruising will return.  The CDC will 'pre-align' it's guidance to what Florida wants.

The virus will decide when it's time. As of today 5/26/20 only 10 states in America are on the decline; 22 states are holding steady; and 18 states are rising with COVID-19 cases. The virus will decide when it's time...

✌️

• Like 2

On the topic of reality, the CDC has no authority outside of the US, so cruising could resume from other countries whenever those countries say it can. Cruise lines could reposition a ship or two to a more cruise friendly environment.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:27 AM, molly361 said:

Yes, several weeks ago, I got notice of the cancellation of my PANORAMA cruise scheduled for Aug 15th.

Edited by glrounds

I don't think ships will start sailing in Aug or Sept for many reasons.  One that hasn't been discussed is the crew.  They are still in the process of returning crew home by ship because they cannot secure air travel.  So if the ships that are scheduled to sale in August, they would have to get the crew onboard by mid-July.  Even the Canada/US boarder is currently closed.  How are they going to get crew from places like the Philippians, Indonesia, India, European countries etc back INTO the US to get on the ships to get them ready? 

Also, the repatriation for many crew members isn't going well.  Jamaica for example just reached an agreement with RCCL to repatriate their own citizens as they didn't want new spread of the virus affecting their country.  These were their own citizens so I cannot imagine countries like this opening up to welcome thousands of cruise ship passengers in the next 2 months.  

I am booked on the August 1 sailing on the Freedom.  I am 99.99% confident that I won't be sailing but I am waiting for Carnival to cancel as I would prefer their incentives for a future cruise in 2021 (this sailing was a rebooking from a cancelled cruise in March).  I also know that I can cancel 48 hours prior and have 100% be used as future cruise credit so I am not worried.  I live in Canada and I don't see the boarders opening even if Carnival does decide to sail.