Where can I see if my CCL shareholder benefit has been applied to my reservation?

CineGraphic

My TA said when she talked with the World Cruise Desk this morning about my January 2021 Grand South America and Antarctica cruise, she asked if they saw any FCC's attached to our Mariner numbers.  They didn't have a thing posted there yet.  We have a $398 FCC due us, and a huge cash refund coming to our CC.  Nothing yet and it's been 70 days since we cancelled our cruises.  Unfortunately, they both started in June 2020, so I guess they want us to wait for several more months!  Not gonna happen!

Edited by StLouisCruisers

25 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

We normally sail with Princess, and see our shareholder benefits listed in the cruise personalizer under "payments", but I'm not sure where to look with HAL.

(1) If you booked through a TA, they will be able to see in POLAR (HAL's booking engine) -- your TA will be able to reprint your booking summary to reflect the additional OBC.

(2) If you booked yourself, you can query your booking via HAL's website. To do that, log into HAL w/ the ID used to book the cruise,  click on your name in the top toolbar -- My Account will open -- then select the "My Bookings" tab, and the query the booking you are expecting the OBC.  Select "Manage Payments" and you should see all OBCs associated with that booking. 

Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When my TA prints the HAL confirmation, the CCL shareholder benefit OBC appears in the Guest Information section. Items for each passenger in that section are Name, Mariner #, Air, Cancellation Plan, Ship Occupancy, Home City, Onboard Credit (USD). My TA prints a new confirmation after each change. When DH requests the CCL shareholder benefit, we can see that it has been added to his column.

I haven't applied for any credits this year, but in the past, HAL would always send us an updated booking statement with the credits showing, after I applied. We book online, not with a TA or PCC.

51 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Do you think that HAL is still giving OBC after the price of their shares dropped?

Yes.  I'm not sure why we think that OBC is somehow tied to share price? It isn't a dividend - although some may treat it as such.  My average CCL cost when I initially bought in a decade or so ago was 14.24 USD -- pre market spot right now as I type? 18.61 USD.   OBC has not moved during that time.  I expect that in the greater scheme of things, by offering that spiff, CCL recovers the offer value and then some with incremental onboard spend, when one looks at marginal costs. Further, there is the value of capturing master brand loyalty -- where you might not cruise HAL but you will prefer CCL over RCI/NCL/alt.  Plus when one is looking at all of the incentives to try and attract deposits right now,  why would you eliminate a re-price and retention tool in your kit?  All to say, these marketing considerations are independent of share price.   Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ski ww said:

Do you think that HAL is still giving OBC after the price of their shares dropped?

There has been nothing at all from Carnival Corporation to stop the shareholder's OBC. It is a marketing tool, and it would be foolish to drop it especially at a time when they need to do everything they can to get people to want to go back on their ships.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1