Unlimited Dining Package

Does anyone know if La Patisserie on Anthem would be included in the udp, it's NOT really dining ,but udp is on sale and rcl may swap out allure for anthem dec 2021 in Galveston and it seems like anthem has far fewer speciality choices

6 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

Does anyone know if La Patisserie on Anthem would be included in the udp, it's NOT really dining ,but udp is on sale and rcl may swap out allure for anthem dec 2021 in Galveston and it seems like anthem has far fewer speciality choices

Not included

1 hour ago, katiel53 said:

I rarely eat 3 meals a day, even at home.  When I use the UDP, at lunch, I order only a salad or a burger as I posted earlier.  Usually, I don't eat apps or desserts. The exception to the app is at Sabor where I have the guacamole and half a quesadilla.   At dinner, I rarely order an app, just the entree with veggies and sometimes dessert.

To look at me, you'd be hard pressed to think I don't overeat, but that's why I say I feel there is too much food.  I also don't eat the bread at the restaurants other than the bun with the burger. I didn't eat any differently when we used to dine in the MDR or from what I eat at home.

Good pts, all of them. Sounds exactly like me. I never have 3 meals a day at home, so trying to eat 3 meals on board, isnt going to happen.

I pass up the bread too, same as the soup, ruins my appetite.

When I was younger I could eat that much, not any more. Lol I usually skip all but a bite or two of the veggies during dinner or I cant eat dessert right after dinner. 

I mostly eat a lot of salads on cruises... and I'm not skinny either. Just so much food.

55 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

It’s ok to ask for smaller portions. I plan to try it for the flexibility of different food choices and taste. Some of the dishes in the MDR are bland.

I've tried asking for smaller portions. Lol they still act like I'm a starving child and bring more than I can eat. They barely cut down if at all.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Some of the dishes in the MDR are bland.

And the menus are very limited and boring and repetitive.

We have started branching out into the specialty venues because since the latest menus were introduced we find ourselves struggling to find something we like in the MDR on several evenings. 😕

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've tried asking for smaller portions. Lol they still act like I'm a starving child and bring more than I can eat. They barely cut down if at all.

We have had that experience too. We ordered the antipasti to share in Giovanni's and because we didn't order any other appetizers they doubled the quantity on it! 😄

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Q: would you consider the dining packages a better deal on a smaller ship like jewel who has fewer food venues   .or Allure, who has many more choices, including more free choices.

On ships other than the Oasis class I will only buy the 3 night dining package.  On Oasis class ships I will buy the Unlimited.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Q: would you consider the dining packages a better deal on a smaller ship like jewel who has fewer food venues   .or Allure, who has many more choices, including more free choices.

We have only done BOGO on (pre-amped) Navigator and 3-night on Adventure and I could not see unlimited being good value on those. I think I might consider doing unlimited on an Oasis class because there are so many more options.

What are people’s experiences of getting lunch on boarding day (Harmony) with UDP or are they strict about the sea days only rule?
Also Harmony in the Med only has one sea day on the itinerary so are they flexible about port days too? 
thanks. 

1 minute ago, little britain said:

What are people’s experiences of getting lunch on boarding day (Harmony) with UDP or are they strict about the sea days only rule?
Also Harmony in the Med only has one sea day on the itinerary so are they flexible about port days too? 
thanks. 

Most people’s experiences seem to have been if the venue is open it is covered under the UDP.  Port days most restaurants do not open until later.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

thanks. 

We got lunch on Harmony on boarding day

We also ate at Sabor for lunch on boarding day.  It's one of our favorite places for lunch!  I love the guacamole and jalapeño cucumber margarita (we had the drink package also)!

9593C0FB-FA47-41E3-804C-DEE09039289F.jpeg

B05FEFE2-F549-44D7-B8FA-E4903311D578.jpeg

Edited by hardinggrad
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, kands6191 said:

If you got lunch on boarding day, do you still get dinner? Is it one meal per day?

Yes, you can still get dinner.  In this case, “unlimited” really does mean unlimited.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 10:11 AM, rs45thompson said:

We have decided to get the UDP on our next cruise.  This will be our first time experiencing the UDP.   While doing a little research I read something about there being an extra charge of $10 for the Hibachi restaurant.  Has anyone experienced this?  Also do you have a problem getting the times you want since you have to wait until you are on the ship to make reservations?  We will be on Symphony of the Seas if that helps.

Thanks

We have 3 Oasis class bookings coming up.  All of them state there is a $10 surcharge for Hibachi/Teppanyaki onboard:

2D211F64-594E-46D6-BCB4-BE807CD640B8.thumb.jpeg.29fb380ba0cce41b6a429656a8b277b5.jpeg

6 hours ago, APDMOM said:

Question: Can I go from restaurant to restaurant on the same night just to try all the desserts? 😂 

We did this recently on Anthem.  While we are NOT fans of the menu at Wonderland, we wanted to try The World dessert.  We ate dinner somewhere (can't remember where that was) and later in the evening we stopped by Wonderland and told them we just wanted dessert.  We got a very strange look but ultimately, we were seated and served our World.  I have no reason to think you would not be able to go from restaurant to restaurant.  There is no longer a limit on how many restaurants you can visit in 1 day.  My guess is, as long as they can accommodate you, they will seat you.

15 hours ago, APDMOM said:

We have 3 Oasis class bookings coming up.  All of them state there is a $10 surcharge for Hibachi/Teppanyaki onboard:

2D211F64-594E-46D6-BCB4-BE807CD640B8.thumb.jpeg.29fb380ba0cce41b6a429656a8b277b5.jpeg

I believe that is what I read.  Just checking to see with people who have had it if they actually do charge it on Symphony.  Thank you for posting that.

Edited by rs45thompson

2 hours ago, rs45thompson said:

I believe that is what I read.  Just checking to see with people who have had it if they actually do charge it on Symphony.  Thank you for posting that.

We have enough charged that on our last 2 cruises with the UDP.  Oasis and Allure.