No cruising out of NYC or NJ until 2021

According to a press conference held on Thursday in NYC. A spokesperson for the port authority was taking questions from reporters.  A question was asked about when non commercial ports will reopen and someone from the PA standing  by the podium said no passenger ships until 2021 from NY & NJ. 😡

I’m booked on a on an 8 dayThanksgiving cruise on the Anthem. I would still like to see it in writing, since things are changing daily. This cruise goes to Port Canaveral, Coco Cay and Nassau.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Our Barcelona cruise on Allure has final payment end of July. 

Curious will you make final payment? I’m not sure what to do. Still waiting for my refund for my 5/24 Oasis cruise, requested refund 4/16. Hate for RCL to hold on to more of my $$$. 

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not really a surprise.  Northern routes are not allowed by Canada.  Florida has restriction for people going and coming from NJ.  So outside of Bermuda, where would they go

Crap we are booked for a 12 night Caribbean cruise on Anthem for December 7th.    I really love this itinerary and booked a great spacious OV Balcony too.

For now, everything is so fluid with this virus that I will just have to wait and see what happens.     

2 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Not really a surprise.  Northern routes are not allowed by Canada.  Florida has restriction for people going and coming from NJ.  So outside of Bermuda, where would they go

Cruises from NJ go as far south as Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao, so even Cocoa Cay and Labadee are within reach.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Curious will you make final payment? I’m not sure what to do. Still waiting for my refund for my 5/24 Oasis cruise, requested refund 4/16. Hate for RCL to hold on to more of my $$$. 

Not planning on it but could change.  Haven’t made airline or hotel reservations. Probably just have to take FCC for our NRD. We did a S&L on another cruise out to February 2022. 

Good luck. 

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Crap we are booked for a 12 night Caribbean cruise on Anthem for December 7th.    I really love this itinerary and booked a great spacious OV Balcony too.

For now, everything is so fluid with this virus that I will just have to wait and see what happens.     

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are or now were on same cruise & booked because of Barbados. 

we're on Anthems' TA, arriving  in NJ Nov 13. I wonder if they'll just change what port she arrives in. Hope they let me know soon enough for me to change my flights home. I didn't book my homebound flights through Choice Air.

1 minute ago, wolfcathorse said:

we're on Anthems' TA, arriving  in NJ Nov 13. I wonder if they'll just change what port she arrives in. Hope they let me know soon enough for me to change my flights home. I didn't book my homebound flights through Choice Air.

Sounds like a good chance of that ship getting re routed and the TA not happening, I wouldn't book any air.

• Like 2