Richard Fain, CEO. Their will not be a, "New Normal."

Bill Miller

Wish mods would combine this with the Cruise start up thread but  many posts there were about other things and this title  has a more limited focus

Guess I will simply re post my thoughts here,,

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm very impressed with the message, the man, and the use of this media.  Gave insight into the humanism behind RC and X.  More of this is welcome with explanations of 'what's to come' in language we can all understand and appreciate. 

• Like 2

True he said virtually nothing specifically, but his tone and manor are reassuring.  Mr. Fain is in his 70s, and while very wealthy still works his tail off for his passengers and his stockholders.  He comes across as down to earth.  I certainly don't know the man, but his impression upon me is positive.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

I like this message. The "new normal" phrase is starting to go on my nerves.

Yeah spot on. Also "out of an abundance of caution" drives me crazy or "your safety is our highest priority". Companies now are often using safety as an excuse for anything they do even if it has nothing to do with  it. Just spin.

17 hours ago, drew69 said:

A lot of talk that actually said nothing.  Typical PR BS with nothing definitive.

Respectfully disagree.  I think he said more in this video than in the others.  He said that some of the changes that cruisers will experience when cruising resumes initially will "not stand the test of time".  Meaning temporary changes made in the beginning will not be around forever.  A lot of cruisers NEED to hear this message...myself included. 

He also made some good points about change in general as it relates to cruising.  From midnight buffets, shuffleboard, even topless sun decks (Carnival), things have evolved and changed over time.  People accepted these things for what they are...change, not the "new normal".

I don't think his message was meant to be definitive...just a message to say, we're here, we're coming back to life, we're taking it slow to get it right, we'll tell you more when we know more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Pure PR horse hockey.  Lets hear from someone who doesn't have a vested (money) interest in returning to the "old normal."

How could those parties comment on how cruising looks like though? Anyone with some sort of foresight has a financial interest in the cruise industry.