When will things start back up?

KS&JW

I thought Oceania canceled all Regatta cruises through September already. No real Alaska season in October. A bit late with that Bill, imo. Besides no one knows what it will take to please the CDC so to sail out of Seattle. 

Canada is closed for the season. Can’t see the Regatta returning until their Asian journeys.

Edited by pinotlover

So far have heard nothing about O sailing Alaska even with the bill passing. If Regatta needs 90 days to be ready, it would be late August for her to sail and her season ends in September. No idea about crew, etc. guess we will see but if she did sail Alaska dates,  it could mean some California coast and Mexico trips could be brought back to life.  🛳🙏

Only Princess and HAL have said they are doing 10, one week cruises from Seattle.

We shall see.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

It's not an order, it's a bill that has passed both houses of Congress but still has to be signed by President Biden to become law.

Thanks for the clarification

2 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Only Princess and HAL have said they are doing 10, one week cruises from Seattle.

We shall see.

The announcement has been well received on the Princess forum.

Especially as Princess has Glacier Bay cruising permits.

The ship planned to be  used is currently having some crew vaccinated at Port of LA.

Hopefully it can receive a CDC go signal....as you say, we shall see.

Especially given the current cruising situation out of Florida.

2 months  worth of Alaska cruising would be worthwhile, especially as a first step.

I think the bill may also allow Hawaii cruises without the need for a foreign port, although I'm not sure on that. 

Obviously the current 7 day limit would not permit that at this stage.

Edited by Tranquility Base

26 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

I think the bill may also allow Hawaii cruises without the need for a foreign port, although I'm not sure on that. 

If the version of the bill I read is what was passed there's no mention of Hawaii in it nor is there any need to include Hawaii.  NCL already has the Pride of America which is US-flagged and solely does Hawaii itineraries.  Hawaii cruises starting on the US West Coast on foreign flagged ships can just make a port call at Ensenada, Mexico to satisfy the PVSA,  as many of them already do, if cruises longer than 7 days were even permitted, which they currently are not. Other than the 7 day restriction the hold up on Hawaii cruises from the West Coast is no different than a cruise to the Bahamas or the Caribbean or Europe...or to anywhere on a cruise that originates in the US...the cruise lines still need to get CDC approval of their plans. Alaskan cruises are unique because Canada is not permitting large cruise ships in their waters and the only reasonably located foreign ports of call for Alaskan cruises are in Canada.

Finally, cruise tourism isn't critical to the Hawaiian economy as it is to Alaska. Hawaii hasn't been screaming to allow cruises to resume.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiseLibra said:

Is this information regarding lifting the 7 day limit not correct?  https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25066-cdc-set-to-approve-itineraries-longer-than-7-days.html

We'll know when the revisions to the CSO are released. If the unidentified sources of the information are reliable then it's probably true but until we see it in black and white as part of the CSO we won't know for sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Princess has announced the restart of 8 ships from various US ports this year.

3 ships from West Coast ports starting from July  thru Sept.

5 ships from Florida starting in November.

Enjoy 😄

2 hours ago, drkitkat123 said:

I have not been on this forum for ages so perhaps someone can summarise. Are there actually and realistically any Oceania cruises going in the next 3-6 months?

Oceania has announced the restart for 4 ships:

Marina will be resuming voyages from Copenhagen beginning August 29.

Riviera will resume its previously-scheduled voyages from Istanbul beginning on October 18, 2021 and sail a series of Mediterranean cruises before beginning a winter series of Caribbean cruises from Miami.

Insignia will resume cruising with the December 21, 2021 Panama Canal cruise from Miami, prior to setting sail on a sold-out 180-day Around the World cruise from Los Angeles to New York City

Sirena will begin sailings starting with the January 22, 2022 Caribbean cruise from Miami to Panama City, Panama

They are restarting ships on a staggered basis ...

9 hours ago, basor said:

Oceania has announced the restart for 4 ships:

Marina will be resuming voyages from Copenhagen beginning August 29.

Riviera will resume its previously-scheduled voyages from Istanbul beginning on October 18, 2021 and sail a series of Mediterranean cruises before beginning a winter series of Caribbean cruises from Miami.

Insignia will resume cruising with the December 21, 2021 Panama Canal cruise from Miami, prior to setting sail on a sold-out 180-day Around the World cruise from Los Angeles to New York City

Sirena will begin sailings starting with the January 22, 2022 Caribbean cruise from Miami to Panama City, Panama

They are restarting ships on a staggered basis ...

We just received some forms to complete for our Turkish Visas. So, the 10/18 date for the Riviera may be hold up. It will be ironic since we were on the last (shortened) Riviera sailing in March, 2020.

The bad news was that my wife and I both contracted Covid somewhere in Miami or on the ship.

Edited by ricka47

We just got ours this a.m. too. Making progress toward sailing. That and Final Payments, looking positive.

Sorry about contracting Covid. Hopefully getting over that and a vaccination and you are good to go. 
gerry

• 1 month later...