Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

59 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I would have had to scroll through too many photos

We are very unlikely to take many photos any more for just that reason ... it is very difficult to find what you are looking for when you've done a lot of travel and have thousands of photos ... we've made our motto "it is more about enjoying the journey than taking more pictures of destinations" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Probably the quickest one. It just took time for this senior brain to think of a photo that I could use, that involved a member of staff. I found that last night, took a screen shot and uploaded it this morning. I took the screen shot, as I would have had to scroll through too many photos, as it was July 2018, when we last sailed on a Celebrity ship.

I sent one but it did not involve staff. I need to try harder!.  I want elite plus hoping that the new CC club benefits will offer something good

16 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We had to prove participation on one earlier PUP activity.  There was no acknowledgement of our proof, but we did get the points in the next month's distribution.

There have been several times when I have participated in the PUP activities  and have not received the points promised. However, I did not keep a record  to prove my participation so I guess I will not receive points.  It will not get me to another level,  but it still would be nice to have a few more points. 

• Like 1

I made and sent a video. You all talked me into it. I really want those two points to put me to elite. Did you get any confirmation or acceptance email. I got this:  Step 3 Complete.  Thank your content has be submitted for approval by our content admin.  That’s it. Haven’t heard since.  Should I get something back from them?

17 minutes ago, joetop2467 said:

I made and sent a video. You all talked me into it. I really want those two points to put me to elite. Did you get any confirmation or acceptance email. I got this:  Step 3 Complete.  Thank your content has be submitted for approval by our content admin.  That’s it. Haven’t heard since.  Should I get something back from them?

Sounds like you've already received  your answer from Celebrity. Wait to see if your PUPs are updated.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Sounds like you've already received  your answer from Celebrity. Wait to see if your PUPs are updated.

That's the same automated response I got when I uploaded my video.  I'm pretty sure you'll get the points.  If not, there will most likely be another PUP offer soon to get you to Elite.  They don't seem to be ending them any time soon.  I got from 292 points to 330 doing these activities,  so it put me at Elite as well.  Of course this was important to me BEFORE they started with the ALL Included booking.  Elite isn't as valuable now but I'm still happy to have Elite Status.  Good Luck

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

That's the same automated response I got when I uploaded my video.  I'm pretty sure you'll get the points.  If not, there will most likely be another PUP offer soon to get you to Elite.  They don't seem to be ending them any time soon.  I got from 292 points to 330 doing these activities,  so it put me at Elite as well.  Of course this was important to me BEFORE they started with the ALL Included booking.  Elite isn't as valuable now but I'm still happy to have Elite Status.  Good Luck

You should be responding to joetop2467. That's who I was responding to.

Disagree. Based on our personal experiences there's a lot more to the top three tier levels than just the CC HH and internet minutes. We'll see how long AI stays around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Disagree. Based on our personal experiences there's a lot more to the top three tier levels than just the CC HH and internet minutes. We'll see how long AI stays around. 

Agree 100% including “we’ll see how long AI stays around”.

3 hours ago, joetop2467 said:

That was what I got too.  The 2 points should arrive next month.

I do think we will be comparing pricing if AI stays in place.  I am paying for internet I will not use.  I go on cruising for breaks, but do understand some need to tether to even get to cruise. We also do not drink a lot, thus we will do a cost vs value Ben Franklin comparison and if cost is higher than our allotted value, we will not be quick to cruise under AI on Celebrity.    

The good news, for others, is the value may be higher than the cost paid and that is great.

Edited by shipshape sam

😃

Sorry, I responded to the wrong person.

As it stands now Elite status isn't all that valuable to ME,  but I do think you're correct and AI may not stay around forever, then I will be happy I am Elite.  I would love the CC HH and it would be enough for us so that we would book a cheaper price with no AI, I wish we had the choice like we used to.   That's why I was so excited when these PUP offers came along because it could help me get to Elite, and lo' and behold they introduce AI shortly after.    😏

38 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

😃

Sorry, I responded to the wrong person.

As it stands now Elite status isn't all that valuable to ME,  but I do think you're correct and AI may not stay around forever, then I will be happy I am Elite.  I would love the CC HH and it would be enough for us so that we would book a cheaper price with no AI, I wish we had the choice like we used to.   That's why I was so excited when these PUP offers came along because it could help me get to Elite, and lo' and behold they introduce AI shortly after.    😏

You haven't even taken a cruise being elite. How do you judge something without experiencing it?  But only you can speak for yourself. Even with the current AI, elite and above still has value for us. 

Wow just got a 50 PUP 'to the exotics' webinar just land in my mail box for next Thursday. I am guessing a quite a few people have got it as the registration page errored and timeout out a few times before I finally registered. Does not bode well for the actual webinar....

Edited by roked

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You haven't even taken a cruise being elite. How do you judge something without experiencing it?  But only you can speak for yourself. Even with the current AI, elite and above still has value for us. 

Because I can read the list of what the Elite status gives you.  Not much of it interests me.  I wouldn't use the bag of laundry, internet is included now as are drinks.  I DO like the idea of priority tender and priority boarding and I would love the CC HH if we didn't have AI.   It does have value just not as much to me as booking a lower priced cruise knowing you have CC HH instead of AI.  I am looking forward to my first cruise as Elite and I'm sure I will enjoy the things it does bring but again, in my opinion,  Elite isn't as valuable as it used to be with the introduction of AI.  Hopefully that changes.

We've been looking at Royal Caribbean cruises lately as there are a few itineraries with really good prices that interest us and knowing we're Diamond now with the HH on Royal is enticing to us.  Much better prices since it's not AI but it helps knowing we'd have the HH and or coupons loaded on our cards each night.  Although I must admit Celebrity is my favorite! 😃

27 minutes ago, roked said:

Wow just got a 50 PUP 'to the exotics' webinar just land in my mail box for next Thursday. I am guessing a quite a few people have got it as the registration page errored and timeout out a few times before I finally registered. Does not bode well for the actual webinar....

No problem, took my registration straight away.

51 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

Because I can read the list of what the Elite status gives you.  Not much of it interests me.  I wouldn't use the bag of laundry, internet is included now as are drinks.  I DO like the idea of priority tender and priority boarding and I would love the CC HH if we didn't have AI.   It does have value just not as much to me as booking a lower priced cruise knowing you have CC HH instead of AI.  I am looking forward to my first cruise as Elite and I'm sure I will enjoy the things it does bring but again, in my opinion,  Elite isn't as valuable as it used to be with the introduction of AI.  Hopefully that changes.

We've been looking at Royal Caribbean cruises lately as there are a few itineraries with really good prices that interest us and knowing we're Diamond now with the HH on Royal is enticing to us.  Much better prices since it's not AI but it helps knowing we'd have the HH and or coupons loaded on our cards each night.  Although I must admit Celebrity is my favorite! 😃

We cruise both Celebrity and Royal.   While we prefer Celebrity and love the dining in the MDR better, there is not a huge difference in the MDR.   The Royal's buffet is not as good though.  Still, Royal's entertainment is great, better than Celebrity.

Since Royal isn't all inclusive, its fares are way lower.  Also, Diamond happy hour is super, from 5-8:30pm, so we usually never buy any alcohol on Royal.   We love TA cruises and Royal has some great TA cruises with balcony for less than $1000 pp, while Celebrity's TA cruises can be more than double or almost triple in price.

2 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We cruise both Celebrity and Royal.   While we prefer Celebrity and love the dining in the MDR better, there is not a huge difference in the MDR.   The Royal's buffet is not as good though.  Still, Royal's entertainment is great, better than Celebrity.

Since Royal isn't all inclusive, its fares are way lower.  Also, Diamond happy hour is super, from 5-8:30pm, so we usually never buy any alcohol on Royal.   We love TA cruises and Royal has some great TA cruises with balcony for less than $1000 pp, while Celebrity's TA cruises can be more than double or almost triple in price.

Thanks for this info.  We've done a few Royal, the most recent a 10 night in Europe on the Rhapsody.  I like the smaller RC ships, We love the solariums on RC and Celebrity.  I've read about the happy hour and now they also load coupons on your card and some people said they were able to use them in the dining room if they had early enough dining.  Right now their prices are MUCH lower than Celebrity so we might look at a few cruises on RC for the future. We have only sailed one TA the Infinity Oct. 2019 but LOVED it, so I'm sure we'll be looking at some more TA's and Royals prices are very good for sure.   We still have a few very good priced "Lift and shifts" booked on Celebrity with all 4 perks at great prices, so hopefully we'll be able to do those, the first is January 2022,  so hopefully they'll be a go.  But we are definitely looking into some RC cruises as well. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We didn't get it either.  I notice the two positives are in Wales and England – could this be UK only? 

I’ve received it in Scotland and the time for the webinar is 6.00 GMT so it may be only for U.K.   Maybe it’s to compensate for the Alaska one which we weren’t invited to.