Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, coconutmonkey said:

Can anyone post a link to the PUP exotics webinair registration?  Many thanks.

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6781832114286576909?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23309561&rid=157300451&mes=Celebrity Exotics Webinar Invite Mar 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_EPL_FIL_NAN_L_CAN_BC_27_CVP&empf=Y&emct=E&lnkid=REGISTER_CTA

You can change the time to suit your timezone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

I’ve received it in Scotland and the time for the webinar is 6.00 GMT so it may be only for U.K.   Maybe it’s to compensate for the Alaska one which we weren’t invited to. 

Not just the UK, as I received my invitation a short while ago and was able to register very quickly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roked said:

Wow just got a 50 PUP 'to the exotics' webinar just land in my mail box for next Thursday. I am guessing a quite a few people have got it as the registration page errored and timeout out a few times before I finally registered. Does not bode well for the actual webinar....

I got registered first try.

22 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Finally got it and registered.  So the UK folks were just on the earliest batch of emails.  Small favor, but something at least...

Well, we deserve some compensation, as we were never invited to the Alaska Webinar, so are at least 50 PUP points down.

19 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Well, we deserve some compensation, as we were never invited to the Alaska Webinar, so are at least 50 PUP points down.

I agree  .. but it was boring. I finally got this new one and registered  yeah for points

Just started doing these power ups because I didn't register when we first got the invite last year.

I got the email and registered. The registration page included the option to list others watching with me. So I put in my husbands number also rather than registering him separately. We should both receive PUPs. Correct?  Or do I need to register him on his own email?

3 hours ago, doodlefan said:

Because I can read the list of what the Elite status gives you.  Not much of it interests me.  I wouldn't use the bag of laundry, internet is included now as are drinks.  I DO like the idea of priority tender and priority boarding and I would love the CC HH if we didn't have AI.   It does have value just not as much to me as booking a lower priced cruise knowing you have CC HH instead of AI.  I am looking forward to my first cruise as Elite and I'm sure I will enjoy the things it does bring but again, in my opinion,  Elite isn't as valuable as it used to be with the introduction of AI.  Hopefully that changes.

We've been looking at Royal Caribbean cruises lately as there are a few itineraries with really good prices that interest us and knowing we're Diamond now with the HH on Royal is enticing to us.  Much better prices since it's not AI but it helps knowing we'd have the HH and or coupons loaded on our cards each night.  Although I must admit Celebrity is my favorite! 😃

Reading about and having  the upper tier level benefits/perks isn't the same. You may possibly  think differently if you were (actually cruised) elite or above.  All depends on what you consider value. Even before the AI we always selected the CBP as one of our bundled perks and still went to the CC HH excluding the first evening as the CC HH wasn't/isn't offered on the first evening of the cruise. If only the CC HH drinks and 90 minutes (P/P) internet are the main reason for becoming elite than that's a personal preference and I get it. To each their own. 

Rumor (?) ((don't shoot the messenger)) on the RCI forum is when cruising resumes the DL may possibly no longer be available to diamond and possibly no longer to d+ members (hope that's not true). D+ has lost access to the CLs (pre CV-19) on the few ships that still have the CLs. The CLs are being phased out and replaced with SLs. The CC had (pre AI) unlimited drinks loaded on our Seapass cards for the 2 hour HH. The CAS only had 3 drinks loaded on our Seapass cards for the 3.5 hour HH. 

We like the differences and similarities between RC and Celebrity and the CAS and CC. As they say, variety is the spice of life. 

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Reading about and having  the upper tier level benefits/perks isn't the same. You may possibly  think differently if you were (actually cruised) elite or above.  All depends on what you consider value. Even before the AI we always selected the CBP as one of our bundled perks and still went to the CC HH excluding the first evening as the CC HH wasn't/isn't offered on the first evening of the cruise. If only the CC HH drinks and 90 minutes (P/P) internet are the main reason for becoming elite than that's a personal preference and I get it. To each their own. 

Rumor (?) ((don't shoot the messenger)) on the RCI forum is when cruising resumes the DL may possibly no longer be available to diamond and possibly no longer to d+ members (hope that's not true). D+ has lost access to the CLs (pre CV-19) on the few ships that still have the CLs. The CLs are being phased out and replaced with SLs. The CC had (pre AI) unlimited drinks loaded on our Seapass cards for the 2 hour HH. The CAS only had 3 drinks loaded on our Seapass cards for the 3.5 hour HH. 

We like the differences and similarities between RC and Celebrity and the CAS and CC. As they say, variety is the spice of life. 

Well, I sure hope I get to cruise soon as an Elite passenger and then I can report back.  I do get what you're saying as I have heard many people talk about the CC HH in the lounge on Celebrity as a great way to meet new people and socialize.  I do think we will go to the CC HH even if we have AI as we do like to socialize, that's why the Martini bar has been one of our favorites. 😁

Yes I did read those rumors about the D+ and the CLs.  As I'm not very familiar with them on RC, I didn't pay too much attention.  I would still appreciate the drinks loaded onto the seapass for 3.5 hours each night.  It's not quite the same as a specified lounge to socialize in but you can still pick a bar pre dinner to enjoy a drink.  I think for us, just having those 3 drinks around dinner would be almost enough for us.  We'd still have some drinks occasionally elsewhere but wouldn't need a full drink package, that's why we're looking at RCL for some of their itineraries and cheaper pricing and still getting the Diamond  HH drinks.  Like you we like both RC and Celebrity, but if all things were equal, we would choose Celebrity, but I've sailed most of the mainstream lines and haven't had a bad cruise yet! 😃   At this point, I just want to cruise again! It's looking like it's going to be at least 2 years from our last cruise Jan. 2020 to hopefully our next cruise Jan 2022. 

17 minutes ago, doodlefan said:

Well, I sure hope I get to cruise soon as an Elite passenger and then I can report back.  I do get what you're saying as I have heard many people talk about the CC HH in the lounge on Celebrity as a great way to meet new people and socialize.  I do think we will go to the CC HH even if we have AI as we do like to socialize, that's why the Martini bar has been one of our favorites. 😁

Yes I did read those rumors about the D+ and the CLs.  As I'm not very familiar with them on RC, I didn't pay too much attention.  I would still appreciate the drinks loaded onto the Seapass for 3.5 hours each night.  It's not quite the same as a specified lounge to socialize in but you can still pick a bar pre dinner to enjoy a drink.  I think for us, just having those 3 drinks around dinner would be almost enough for us.  We'd still have some drinks occasionally elsewhere but wouldn't need a full drink package, that's why we're looking at RCL for some of their itineraries and cheaper pricing and still getting the Diamond  HH drinks.  Like you we like both RC and Celebrity, but if all things were equal, we would choose Celebrity, but I've sailed most of the mainstream lines and haven't had a bad cruise yet! 😃   At this point, I just want to cruise again! It's looking like it's going to be at least 2 years from our last cruise Jan. 2020 to hopefully our next cruise Jan 2022. 

We always enjoyed going up to the Sky Lounge for the CC HH to have a couple of pre dinner drinks. I also have read on this forum(Celebrity) that when cruising resumes the CC HH in the Sky Lounge will not be offered. We'd like to believe if that's true it's only a temporary thing. 🤞 

You've probably also have read on the Celebrity forum that some cruises maybe exempt from the AI package when booking 90 days or less (?).  

The nice thing about RC C&A HH drinks loaded on our Seapass cards is you can also order drinks in the different dining venues during the C&A HH. That wasn't an option with the CC HH drinks loaded on our Seapass cards. But we always had the CBP so no biggie for us. At least you can stop by a bar and bring your drinks into the dinning venue. 

I know what you mean about cruising again. Our last cruise was September 2019 as all three of our 2020 cruise were cancelled and so far two of our three 2021 cruises have been cancelled. An RC March 2021 B2B cruise (we did a L&S B2B cruise for March 2022)  and currently Celebrity hasn't decided what they are going to do with our September 2021 cruise yet. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We always enjoyed going up to the Sky Lounge for the CC HH to have a couple of pre dinner drinks. I also have read on this forum(Celebrity) that when cruising resumes the CC HH in the Sky Lounge will not be offered. We'd like to believe if that's true it's only a temporary thing. 🤞

One of the great things about Cruise Critic is all the members who have great knowledge, either because they have sailed a lot or they have inside information.  One of the not-great things about Cruise Critic is all the members who think they know more than they do.  And the worst thing is that sometimes it's the same people, and most times it's hard to tell which is which.  So I take any predictions of how cruising will be when it resumes with a large shaker of salt...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

At least I get a special discount with the code "BIRTHDAY" .   😀  Has anyone ever used this code?

Good luck.  Last time I tried getting PUP points and changed my email address AGAIN.  Got the promo had TA submit it to Celebrity.  After a week with no response I sent this to CelebrityOneTouch

"I recently changed my email address for receiving marketing emails and was surprised to immediately receive the attached email regarding a discount on my next sailing if booked within 60 days.

I did book a new sailing last week and my travel agent submitted the promo to be applied.  It's over a week later and no feedback has been received.  When I put the "BIRTHDAY" promo code in on a test booking it says it's not valid.

Can you please look into why this has not been applied in a timely manner?"

I received and email a few days later saying they were looking into it.  Then a day or 2 later I got this response.
"We went ahead and made a one-tine exception to apply the $200 Captains Club Savings as Goodwill Onboard credit as discussed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks again for your patience in this matter."
Of course I'm happy with the end result and it did take quite a bit of effort on my part.  They certainly didn't make me feel like I was entitled to the offer which they initiated.    I say if you have a qualifying sailing get them to honor it.   If enough push back maybe they will fix their system to not send the offer.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

One of the great things about Cruise Critic is all the members who have great knowledge, either because they have sailed a lot or they have inside information.  One of the not-great things about Cruise Critic is all the members who think they know more than they do.  And the worst thing is that sometimes it's the same people, and most times it's hard to tell which is which.  So I take any predictions of how cruising will be when it resumes with a large shaker of salt...

I agree. I don't consider anything posted on CC concerning changes as official (unless someone provides a link from the cruise lines) and until I see it officially published by the cruise lines. I also have more faith in my Magic 8 Ball than most so called predictions. To stay on the subject, we enjoy earning CC cruise points while being stranded on shore.  😉 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Just found this on another Celebrity thread...

12F82CDF-EDC9-431F-8EB6-E3BF560BA504.png

• Like 1

My invite and DH's came in at 5:02 PM and we were both able to register.  Thank you to all who posted about the latest PUP webinar invitation.  Otherwise, we might have been busy with other things and missed our chance.  As it was, because you all posted, we were watching for our emails and got in on time. 

• Like 1