Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

I'm now 1 point from hitting my next Captain's Club level, lol.  

I don't have nearly as many points as many here, since I've spread it around between so many cruise lines (MSC, Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Pullmantur (RIP), etc).  But I'll take what I can get.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

Points?  I am elite plus. It used to get me some good items like free WiFi minutes, daily cocktail reception, specialty coffee/teas, one scoop of gelato and 2 bags of laundry. All were very appreciated. There were some discounts which I never used.  Now with All In, I now pay for the wifi and cocktails that I previously got as elite plus. Time to revamp Captains Club. It doesn’t work with All In.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Points?  I am elite plus. It used to get me some good items like free WiFi minutes, daily cocktail reception, specialty coffee/teas, one scoop of gelato and 2 bags of laundry. All were very appreciated. There were some discounts which I never used.  Now with All In, I now pay for the wifi and cocktails that I previously got as elite plus. Time to revamp Captains Club. It doesn’t work with All In.

Speaking of gelato, I was really disappointed in Celebrity's gelato.  My GF and I love gelato and we really like the gelato on MSC.  On our NYE cruise, we got the free Captain's Club Celebrity gelato and neither one of us finished it, which is extraordinarily rare.  Not saying that Celebrity isn't better than MSC in many ways, but not in the gelato department.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Speaking of gelato, I was really disappointed in Celebrity's gelato.  My GF and I love gelato and we really like the gelato on MSC.  On our NYE cruise, we got the free Captain's Club Celebrity gelato and neither one of us finished it, which is extraordinarily rare.  Not saying that Celebrity isn't better than MSC in many ways, but not in the gelato department.

I still haven't figured out multiquote but I found their gelato kind of meh.  

And I think several cruiselines in their category (Princess specifically) are struggling with how to manage AI and their loyalty rewards.  At least at the easily achievable top level on Princess, we get a free mini bar, unlimited laundry, and 10% discount in the shops.

5 hours ago, abbydancer said:

I still haven't figured out multiquote but I found their gelato kind of meh.  

And I think several cruiselines in their category (Princess specifically) are struggling with how to manage AI and their loyalty rewards.  At least at the easily achievable top level on Princess, we get a free mini bar, unlimited laundry, and 10% discount in the shops.

Very simple for Celebrity - make AI optional just like it is on Princess. On Princess you can include premium drinks, WiFi and Tips for £30 per person per day, buy each item separately at a higher price or not buy any. Very, very simple and all clearly set out.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redtravel said:

We're in a similar boat - as we sail in suites, so have essentially been in AI mode for years. So, I ask myself, why should I even be concerned with how far I am from Zenith?!

Tom

49 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We're in a similar boat - as we sail in suites, so have essentially been in AI mode for years. So, I ask myself, why should I even be concerned with how far I am from Zenith?!

Tom

Don't you want to climb to the top of the mountain?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Well, I was expecting to get my March points today , for the Spanish Webinar, but nothing. 
Do we have to wait until USA wake up,

I'm awake!  I'm awake!  No new point for me either, here on the east coast of Florida, USA.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I'm awake!  I'm awake!  No new point for me either, here on the east coast of Florida, USA.

I think it usually hits at the end of the work day on the east coast of the U.S.  

28 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

X needs to increase the number of monthly PUP opportunities. At the current rate of one quiz and one webinar a month, my 18 year old son will be nearly 60 by the he makes Zenith through PUP. 🤪

You are assuming they don't raise the number of points required to make Zenith along the way.  😁If you factor that in, he will be closer to 70.

4 minutes ago, ehall said:

You are assuming they don't raise the number of points required to make Zenith along the way.  😁If you factor that in, he will be closer to 70.

Now why did you go and say that out loud? It will only give them ideas on how to make it worse. 🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ehall said:

Remember to factor in inflation.  He will be closer to 90.