Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

23 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

I watched it and actually learned something.  We've been looking for sailings from Port Canaveral (We live nearby). I'm happy to hear that Celebrity is soon going to sail from Port Canaveral. DH and I will be on one of their cruises. And as a bonus, we earned 50 PUP each 🙂

Princess Cruises will be sailing from there also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Personally, if I wanted to go to Coco Cay, I would sail RCCL.  In my mind Celebrity adding that entertainment location is about as welcome as Celebrity's next ship being a duplicate of the Icon of the Seas.  This means to me that Celebrity no wants to appeal to cruisers in my age group (70+). 

I think you're being a little harsh.  I think it's about choice.  Most Celebrity cruises to the Caribbean don't go to Coco Cay.  But Celebrity gives you that choice on two ships.  If you don't want to go. There are plenty of other choices on Celebrity.

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Personally, if I wanted to go to Coco Cay, I would sail RCCL.  In my mind Celebrity adding that entertainment location is about as welcome as Celebrity's next ship being a duplicate of the Icon of the Seas.  This means to me that Celebrity no wants to appeal to cruisers in my age group (70+). 

They want to have a successful business 8, 10, 15, 20 years out and it won’t happen if they don’t cultivate customers in their late 30’s -40’s.  I have no interest in Coco Cay or other similar private islands, but the customers who will still be cruising in 15 years seem to want that experience.

We will continue to book Asia, Europe, Australia and other itineraries.  I think they are offering itineraries for us and for those who will be us in the future,

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

They want to have a successful business 8, 10, 15, 20 years out and it won’t happen if they don’t cultivate customers in their late 30’s -40’s.  I have no interest in Coco Cay or other similar private islands, but the customers who will still be cruising in 15 years seem to want that experience.

We will continue to book Asia, Europe, Australia and other itineraries.  I think they are offering itineraries for us and for those who will be us in the future,

If you book a Caribbean cruise, I think you'll enjoy Coco Cay.

• Like 2

I've actually been to Cocoa Cay about 10 times (both before and after the rebuild).  It's one of my favorite places.  There's a water park for those that like thrills, as well as a zipline and a Hot Air Balloon.  For those that like a more chill day, there's several free private beaches, the world's largest fresh water pool, the world's largest waive pool, and several add-ons such as cabanas.  There's a Straw Market for those who like to support local artists.  Drink packages work on the island, and there's several complimentary restaurants (some are extra).

I personally love the Zipline and Oasis Lagoon, which has a swim-up bar. 

• Like 1

Glad to have watched the video as our Celebrity Silhouette just switched from Israel, Egypt, Turkey to the Greek Isles in Sept. We've never been to any of those ports so it was fun to see the pictures of the area. And great to get those points. Wish I had counted how many times that lady said "cool"!!

And also, by the way, going on a Royal cruise next month to the Carib with a stop in Coco Cay. In our 70's and still enjoy these varied destinations. Elite on Celebrity but over 50 cruises total on lots of other lines.

• Like 1

I can now say, with some certainty, that Celebrity's Starlink is NOT good enough to watch this video.  I gave up until the weekend (either Saturday with my 8ish hours at the airport, or Sunday at home) because after 30 minutes, all I knew about was living in St. Lucia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I was skimming your post too quickly and read it as Loon of the Seas 🤣

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I think you're being a little harsh.  I think it's about choice.  Most Celebrity cruises to the Caribbean don't go to Coco Cay.  But Celebrity gives you that choice on two ships.  If you don't want to go. There are plenty of other choices on Celebrity.

Having been to Coco Cay on Royal a few times, it is so much better than labadee.  I think once people go their, they will not want to go to Labadee.  Coco cay had many beach, food and entertainment options, with so many less sand flies, it was great. 

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree with you.  I have been to "A Perfect Day at Coco Cay" on RCCL.  It seems to me that the new President of Celebrity is trying to make Celebrity more like RCCL.  I don't know that Royal Caribbean Group needs two lines that appeal to the same demographic.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Did anyone actually watch and listen to it ? 🤔😁

I watched/listened to it last night.  I enjoyed it, and I didn't feel like it was any longer than previous Webinars,  but I needed to mute it once "Um" guy started talking.  I don't remember his name.  I appreciate all his hard work, but sorry, too many "ums" just drive me nuts.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

Were those beers on your drinks package or did you have to pay the incremental amount??

I only had to tip the server!

When WC Fields was asked how long the trip was from New York to Philadelphia he responded "about half a pint"

Edited by billc23
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That's dramatic. There are 604 Caribbean cruises between today and the end of the 2026 cruises that are currently out. 70 out of them go to CocoCay - 11.5%. 46 of those 70 are 6 night or shorter cruises. You still have 162 Caribbean cruises 8 days or longer and 534 cruise choices that do not visit that stop. 

Also absent from the schedule so far are any 2026 cruises that call on Coco Cay. 

Edited by paulh84
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We are also seniors.  Loved cococay.  So many more areas to choose from.  We also did the beach club which was wonder.  Our next royal cruise will stay in adults only area

• Like 2