Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

16 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

My points were added overnight. Quick question, how often does Celebrity have the webinars? Are these done randomly? This is one long thread. Whew!

No rhyme or reason, when they do them!  Just randomly!

I seem to be the only person who had their points added on the 14th.  They showed in my points history and my total was also updated on the same day.  I posted that a few days back but I think people didn't believe me but everybody is getting points added now and mine are still at what was added on Saturday so I really did get them on the 14th, I thought maybe I was mistaken about my total but I have a picture from the last time PUPS were added and 5 more were added on Saturday.  So weird.  BUT I'm glad those of you who were waiting for the points to get ELITE before a cruise this month have now got them!  Enjoy!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toledo_cruiser said:

My points were added overnight. Quick question, how often does Celebrity have the webinars? Are these done randomly? This is one long thread. Whew!

The table below should give you some idea for the answer to your question.

In terms of Power Up Point activities, the frequency used to be once a month.  However in 2023, it dropped off to about once every two months. 

Surveys usually are worth 1-2 Club Points while webinars are worth 5 Club Points, but sometimes just 3.  That might help you figure out the answer to your question about webinar frequency.

image.png.112f6bdb1bc60736635fa070117123b9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Our five points showed up on our point history about a week ago...but weren't reflected in our total when logging in until yesterday!

So, now, we're officially only 1,653 points from Zenith!  After our May cruise, barring any additional free points, we'll be down to 1,521! If I can keep up this schedule, I just may get to Zenith before I'm 90,  Of course, by then, Zenith perks will mean I get 1% off a drink package that allows any drink under $8 and a third load of laundry at 5% off!  😁

• Haha 2

On 1/14/2024 at 11:49 PM, mahdnc said:

You might be pleasantly surprised.  Our bonus points for our Nov Galapagos trip posted the first time around.  No correcting calls needed.  I also noted that the words "bonus points" appeared next to the sailing when I looked at Points History.

You were absolutely right!
The cruise points came in today absolutely correct that means double. I really did not expect this as I saw the promo only one time (at the PUP webinar about cruises in Europe).

And the 5 from the webinar also. 

I have the feeling it is really possible to reach Elite if I only work hard enough 😄 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

You were absolutely right!
The cruise points came in today absolutely correct that means double. I really did not expect this as I saw the promo only one time (at the PUP webinar about cruises in Europe).

And the 5 from the webinar also. 

I have the feeling it is really possible to reach Elite if I only work hard enough 😄 

It's very satisfying for the system to work like it's supposed to.

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

It's very satisfying for the system to work like it's supposed to.

But it didn’t, the points were late this month.

”Hi Jackie, although we aim to have the points added on by the 14th January (15th for UK guests due to the time difference) it is worth waiting a few days to allow some time for the system to update. I will check your account in a couple of days, if the points are not applied, I will reach out to the relevant team. Thanks, Su”

From Celebrity FB A/C, when I contacted them on 15 th January

Mine showed up on 17 th January..

Edited by upwarduk

18 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

But it didn’t, the points were late this month.

”Hi Jackie, although we aim to have the points added on by the 14th January (15th for UK guests due to the time difference) it is worth waiting a few days to allow some time for the system to update. I will check your account in a couple of days, if the points are not applied, I will reach out to the relevant team. Thanks, Su”

From Celebrity FB A/C, when I contacted them on 15 th January

Mine showed up on 17 th January..

My comment was meant only for perakcruiser!  Obviously your situation is quite different!

8 hours ago, doodlefan said:

I seem to be the only person who had their points added on the 14th.  They showed in my points history and my total was also updated on the same day.  I posted that a few days back but I think people didn't believe me but everybody is getting points added now and mine are still at what was added on Saturday so I really did get them on the 14th, I thought maybe I was mistaken about my total but I have a picture from the last time PUPS were added and 5 more were added on Saturday.  So weird.  BUT I'm glad those of you who were waiting for the points to get ELITE before a cruise this month have now got them!  Enjoy!

My husband works in IT and feels the points everyone else was waiting to have added, you were one of the lucky ones, was probably some batch job that got held up somewhere. Or something to that effect. I'm glad they came through.

-Sunny

• Like 3

On 1/17/2024 at 4:36 PM, drakes2 said:

I did an RCI cruise with my Grandson last summer.  He loved it. 

Did he have a favorite part?  We have a 7 year old and we know the pool/slides will be a hit along with the arcade.

11 hours ago, mahdnc said:

In terms of Power Up Point activities, the frequency used to be once a month.  However in 2023, it dropped off to about once every two months. 

Surveys usually are worth 1-2 Club Points while webinars are worth 5 Club Points, but sometimes just 3.  That might help you figure out the answer to your question about webinar frequency.

Thank you very much. A few of the webinars will help. 

Edited by toledo_cruiser

5 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Did he have a favorite part?  We have a 7 year old and we know the pool/slides will be a hit along with the arcade.

Oh yes he loved all the water slides onboard and the day at Perfect Day at Coco Cay. Massive water slides kept him busy. Arcade was a waste of money. 

19 hours ago, mahdnc said:

The table below should give you some idea for the answer to your question.

image.png.112f6bdb1bc60736635fa070117123b9.png

Thank you for this information, that looks like a lot of work. During the pandemic I was blithely deleting all emails from Celebrity without even opening them. I was thinking are they crazy, no one is thinking about cruising now...big mistake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

Thank you for this information, that looks like a lot of work. During the pandemic I was blithely deleting all emails from Celebrity without even opening them. I was thinking are they crazy, no one is thinking about cruising now...big mistake.

We cruised 3 times during Covid. They were some of the best cruises we've been on. Our last cruise (after Covid) we got covid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

We cruised 3 times during Covid. They were some of the best cruises we've been on. Our last cruise (after Covid) we got covid.

All the reports I have read about cruising right after the re-start sound like it was amazing but we just weren't ready at that point.

4 minutes ago, cruisegirlppp said:

All the reports I have read about cruising right after the re-start sound like it was amazing but we just weren't ready at that point.

Yes, almost empty ships.

We sailed around the British Isles and visited places we had never been to before.

• Like 2