December 20 on Riviera may have been cancelled.

jonthomas

I also received the cancelation notice for Riveria December 13th sailing.  My TA also contacted oceania and they also said it was sent in error.  I had asked him to have Oceania send a correction email.  To date Oceania has not sent the correction notice.  Until the do, legally the cacellation letter stands.

44 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I also received the cancelation notice for Riveria December 13th sailing.  My TA also contacted oceania and they also said it was sent in error.  I had asked him to have Oceania send a correction email.  To date Oceania has not sent the correction notice.  Until the do, legally the cacellation letter stands.

I suspect the only error is that they sent the notice out sooner than intended. Given FDR's statement that it would take at least 60 days to get a ship ready to cruise simple arithmetic tells you a December 13 cruise is more than likely a no go.

I hope we can keep this thread open. If Oceania is not answering their emails I guess we have to do with word of mouth. I'm still not sure whether I should rebook the hotel and airfare yet.

Edited by flaminkokid
sequence of posts did not track

22 hours ago, flaminkokid said:

I hope we can keep this thread open. If Oceania is not answering their emails I guess we have to do with word of mouth. I'm still not sure whether I should rebook the hotel and airfare yet.

Don't waste your time.  Sounds like a no go.  

On 10/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, flaminkokid said:

I doubt they will be sailing

but you could book a refundable hotel  if you think there will be  a shortage 

PS do not bother emailing Oceania even in good times it will take months for them to reply if ever

JMO

On 10/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, flaminkokid said:

Why would you email Oceania? Do you not use a TA?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, pinotlover said:

Why would you email Oceania? Do you not use a TA?

I have a travel agent. In my experience direct communication is sometimes more effective than using a middle man. I do whatever I think is appropriate to the situation or question. 

Still no news whether or not the ship will sail. No communication from Oceania at all. Not a peep. I guess they need to focus on getting the ships moving again. So for now, more wait and see.

I just reread this thread in its entirety, over four months of hopes now definitively dashed. It is so difficult this week of all weeks to retain hope. 

Usually I stop reading the Oceania board once I return from my annual (on average) cruise, starting up again a month or so before my next cruise. We returned from our delightful Riviera cruise this year on March 11, and I decided to remain active to keep up my “cruising” spirits.

Funny how some small things really can get you down, like today’s Oceania announcement. I guess my presence here is part of an alternate reality dream simply to help me deal with the reality outside my door.  

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1

I hear all of you....yes hard to let it go...we moved our deposit on this one to dec 2021...hope we get to sail then...

not sure about the comment about no hope this week especially....sounds political ...all will be well under control...unless people make a very stupid choice....then it will be hell....

Edited by jonthomas

10 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

I hear all of you....yes hard to let it go...we moved our deposit on this one to dec 2021...hope we get to sail then...

not sure about the comment about no hope this week especially....sounds political ...all will be well under control...unless people make a very stupid choice....then it will be hell....

I was referring to the enormous increase in COVID-19 cases setting daily new records in many (a majority?) of states just as we only are starting both being indoors so much more plus the holiday party season. 

Edited by CintiPam

I do not know where you reside but where I do hospitals just this last week (and elsewhere just recently as well) started running low on space for virus patients. 

Do I really need to justify my feeling depressed about a change in wellness circumstances in the USA in the month of October or no cruising for the remainder of 2020?

Edited by CintiPam