December 20 on Riviera may have been cancelled.

jonthomas

Shows as almost all waitlisted on the O site, on other sites , shows NO CABINS available.

That to me just means it is in the process of being cancelled. 

O does not have the Lift and Shift that other lines have?

So just line up and wait for the deposit refund? 

I’ve noticed that ALL cruises through December are waitlisted now for almost all categories except the expensive Penthouses and above where available. Though, our  January cruise on the Sirena is wide open. I hope Oceania limited the number of reservations in preparation to resume cruising with the lower passengers number and cabins sold this fall.

My TA tells me some of those cruises are filling up because people are shifting their FCC from cancelled cruises into those cruises. Doesn’t mean they won’t cancel again, just a lot of FCC chasing cruises, especially around Christmas.

39 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

My TA tells me some of those cruises are filling up because people are shifting their FCC from cancelled cruises into those cruises. Doesn’t mean they won’t cancel again, just a lot of FCC chasing cruises, especially around Christmas.

That’s also true, but Oceania didn’t limit anything before even when they knew that the cruises would not sail. It doesn’t make sense now unless they are obligated to follow certain requirements to be able to restart cruising. Also, when they prepared to cancel before, they waitlisted all categories at once, but I can see some more profitable cabins are still opened now.

I guess we’ll see what is in the books, hopefully sooner than later. 

Regatta has waitlisted almost all cabin categories for their Jan-Apr cruises which covers All Australia, New Zealand and French Polynesia sailings. This happened all at once earlier this week.

I believe, at this moment, the great unknown for we watching from the sidelines, is the definition of reduced capacity, especially in the near turn. Our restaurants are still operating ( if they open) at 33% capacity rules which are increasing to 50% next month. We haven’t a clue of the limits placed by the CDC for cruise ships. Fifty percent of a 680 passenger ship isn’t a lot of people! It could sell out fast! 

I also partially believe the lines may be content starting out with smaller loads so to experiment on the implementation rigors and see what progresses. Is it possible a 300-330 passenger load is all Oceania wants on its earlier sailings? They experiment with what works and what doesn’t, and don’t do it with a full ship.

The lines have to come back up. They want good reviews and good press from their efforts to encourage more to sail next year. Controlling passenger loads may be a methodology of doing so.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

Regatta has waitlisted almost all cabin categories for their Jan-Apr cruises which covers All Australia, New Zealand and French Polynesia sailings. This happened all at once earlier this week.

Cayman;

You obviously didn’t read the thread with the board showing when the individual ships will start sailing again. It’s been posted multiple times and discussed at length. The Regatta is currently NOT sailing again until April 2021. So yes,  it will miss all those ports. Old News! It is the last of Oceania’s ship to resume service.

The thread with the "board" was a projection and at this time there is no definite information as to when the individual ships will stat sailing again. It's a fluid situation with a lot going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to. November and December cruises that were wide open for bookings on Wednesday suddenly became wait listed on Thursday and not because of hundreds of people "shifting" their FCC.

Edited by Queen of DaNile

“ with lots going on we’re not privy to”

Agree 100%! 

I’m currently working on shore tours for a group on our January cruise to SA. The tour companies tell me they don’t yet have all their guidelines for the tours, but are currently working on the assumption that everything will be ran at 50% capacity. 15 passenger busses/vans will have a max of eight. Four person vans will only be allowed the driver and two passengers. They believe it will be August in Chile and Peru before final guidance is released. Then they have to figure out pricing! 

We absolutely don’t know what capacity limitations Oceania is planning for. Strategically, if they have limited cabins to sell, I’m betting they’ll push the higher price ones in lieu of the less expensive ones! 

3 hours ago, cayman09 said:

Wow. That seems like a pretty big deal.  Oh wait. Those are the places who have wisely shut down. Good for them. Hopefully more countries will do this.

Hopefully this is just your personal opinion and more countries are looking forward to getting back to normal. There’s no indication that All New Zealand, Australia and French Polynesia will be still closed in Jan - Apr next year.

Edited by osandomir

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Regatta is currently being offered for sale.

Marc

Also,  I can’t imagine who would have the interest and money to buy an “old”, albeit well kept, ship in this current climate.

Of all my cruises on O, Regatta was the one I have cruised on the fewest times - I would miss Nautica more.

Good luck to O as I am sure they can use the funds (if the story is true).

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

This was site that I was going to post.  I saw an R ship and thought it was Oceania.

funny

You posted on Thursday it was  a Princess ship

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2748403-time-for-nclh-financial-related-posts/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-60091101

Guess you were just stirring the pot  here 😎

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, but referencing the website linked above:  For those O cruisers who cut our sailing teeth 20 years ago on Renaissance and Radisson, that same website offers the former Radisson Diamond for sale.  $47.5 million takes 'er home.  "Honey, did you remember to buy lottery tickets?"

Oh man, we did love that ship -- thanks, Jan! -- three times, including a trans-Atlantic.  Captain Neil Broomhall would allow one or two pax onto the navigation wings next to the bridge every now and then, and would occasionally allow one of us to sound the horn upon departure from port.  Giuseppe Ginanneschi -- remember him? -- was the Cruise Director.  

For all its faults, Diamond remains our favorite ship.  (And Paul Gaugin is #2....not that it matters to anyone but us.)

While there are always ships listed for sale, the number has grown.  Carnival said yesterday that it would scrap some older ships. They are too expensive to run.  They said that they are reducing their fleets.  When they start sailing, Carnival said they would start with 5 or 6 ships on short cruises.  There will be lots of ships that will be sold or scrapped.  Don’t rule out bankruptcy.  That’s how Oceania got their fleet.  They picked up the R ships after Renaissance went bankrupt.  The longer that ships don’t sail, the less faith I have that we will cruise again.