Carnival Corp Finance News 6/23

cruzsnooze

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

The stock price seems to have taken a hit over the past week or two.

8-June  24.91

Today   16.xx

When is the time to buy more?

As long as you recognize that the stock could go to zero and only invest money that you can afford to lose, the best strategy is to dollar cost average - i.e. divide your intended purchase into equal parts (say 25% each) and spread your buy out over time.  For example buy 25% now, another 25% in two weeks, repeat every two weeks until 100% invested (percentage and time period is up to you).  This is really a speculative stock, not an investment stock so caution is advised.

This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it😉

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Alfred E. Newman (What me worry?) Just sit it out. The stock purchases were never to make a fast killing. It will all go backup in time. it always does. Hind sight tells us that.

That used to be the case but we never had a complete shut down of the tourism industry for a Pandemic. It's anyone's guess what the future holds for the travel industry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Hindsight actually tells us that the majority of companies that have their credit rating slashed like CCL ultimately go bankrupt.

But were those companies that failed in the middle of a pandemic when their credit ratings were slashed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

No I'm not including any pandemic companies.  There is a reason why they slashed (not lowered) the rating.  This isn't some game of Monopoly, the credit rating agency has serious doubts that CCL will be able to repay it's debts, which pretty much always means bankruptcy.  They bonds are "junk" status for a reason.

To be fair, the junk bond default rate is typically in the low single digits.  I wouldn't think this kind of low default rate would equate to always leading to bankruptcy.  On the other hand, some financial institutions are now predicting that the speculative (i.e. junk) default rate could rise to 15% by Q1 2021.  THAT would truly be frightening! Makes one think that all of this talk of an economic recovery may be a pipe dream.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, cruzsnooze said:

That used to be the case but we never had a complete shut down of the tourism industry for a Pandemic. It's anyone's guess what the future holds for the travel industry.

I totally agree with you. 
Tony

• Like 1