I GIVE UP......

7 hours ago, deliver42 said:

beerman2, you should be concerned. We are going crazy here with the virus, and our governor wants to keep going. DUH!!!

Just a continuation of how it was handled in the beginning, re-active rather than pro-active.

7 hours ago, beerman2 said:

I’m starting to be concerned about a land vacation to Fla. in October

Rode down A1A again today. Beach access parking lots only about half full. Driving on the beach permitted. Saw several families. Mostly out of State tags. I guessing it’s going to be packed this weekend. Only saving grace, weather. It’s predicted to rain all weekend. It’s summer, it’s Florida, it rains almost every afternoon. 

M8

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, 3red7s said:

I know that the Covid has controlled much of our lives lately.  My hubby and I are Diamond + & both members of the Club Royale.  I have had 5 cruises cancelled since the Covid, as i am sure, some others have.  I am throwing in the towel......I am so sick of booking, being hopeful, only to have my cruise cancelled.  My computer is full of post its, trying to track the refunds that I am getting.  Although we truly love and miss cruising, we are just not going to do it anymore....

We decided not to book any criuses until it's safe to sail.

• Like 1

I too have given up .....for now.  We’ve had 3 cruises cancelled.  We’ve gotten most of the money back.  Waiting on about $1200.

We then planned a land trip to Florida.  I’m looking at cancelling that not because I’m afraid of Florida but because work won’t let me leave the state without a 14 day quarantine on my return out of my PTO.  The airfare will be a loss I’m pretty sure. 

There are things to look forward to if you search for them.  I’ll have a new Grand-baby by the end of the year.  We ordered a hot tub with vacation money that should be ready in a couple of weeks.  I thought we’d saved a lot of money by my not shopping but the DH  laughed and said the Amazon truck stops everyday.  ( okay he’s right but a lot of it is vitamins.)  The stock market is better again.  

Y'all hang in there.  2021 will be better!  I’m still hopeful for our April 2021 cruise.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, fandash said:

I don’t think anyone is taking this lightly.

There are certainly people taking this lightly (I'm not accusing you of being one of them). We have had a dramatic increase in my county and it's been primarily traced back to people packing into crowded bars and having large house parties. And I know of one coworker who was working in a crowded bar that got infected and spread it to 5 other people at work. 

• Like 1

Maybe book further out. If you have had 5 cancelled you must be booking every month. 

Book later in 2021, or I to 2022, instead of months you have to know will get cancelled. I'd say good chance another round or two cancelled. If you are booking dates within the no sail order how could you not expect to be cancelled

This is what we are doing. We still have one scheduled for October but doubt it. The other 3 are scheduled throughout 2021. We shall see. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 6/28/2020 at 2:25 PM, fandash said:

I don’t think anyone is taking this lightly.

some people are really scared and don’t want to leave the house or some wear masks and some people don’t wear masks and go about their business but adhering to the government guideline but that is not to say we are not empathetic to anyone who has lost  their lives. Every one has Their own opinion on this .

Of course people care about the people who have died from covid and they also don’t want to get covid however those people also want to get on with their lives too. I’ve been out walking (without a mask). There are people who will 

go into the roads so they don’t walk past you however there has Been more than 1 occasion where there was a car going by and to me

there is more chance of them

being hurt or worse.

life is too short live it 

Unfortunately, Covid-19 really doesn't care about opinion.  Opinions don't affect the actual science behind how to slow the Covid down.  

Best wishes to former presidential candidate Hermann Cain who was just hospitalized with Covid-19 after testing positive on 6/29 because it was his opinion he didn't need to wear a mask at a rally in Oklahoma nine days previous.

Edited by cured
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, cured said:

Best wishes to former presidential candidate Hermann Cain who was just hospitalized with Covid-19 after testing positive on 6/29 because it was his opinion he didn't need to wear a mask at a rally in Oklahoma nine days previous.

You have any proof he was infected at the rally or is that your “opinion “? 😇

M8

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I would think the only way to say would be if he was completely isolated from contact with others except for the rally.  I also think the point of wearing a mask is to protect others and is not necessarily a guarantee of keeping one from catching the virus.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

Opinion of course 😄

Since he has been very vocal on social media about the lack of need for masks, he could have picked it up anywhere. But the incubation period fits perfectly to blame the rally. I am serious though when I wish him a fast recovery. I wouldn't wish this virus on anyone. Even if you survive hospitalization, the chances for lifelong damage to lungs, heart, liver, and/or kidneys is high.  

Edited by cured
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:14 PM, reallyitsmema said:

We gave up a while ago.  We have no cruises booked at this time and will likely not book anything until next year.  There is too much uncertainty at this time and I just don't have the desire to keep dealing with cancelled cruises and refunds that take forever to get.  We have FCC but will only use them if we feel comfortable with the new procedures the cruise line is going to have to put in place.  We will be out thousands of dollars if we choose not to cruise, but we can accept that.

Agree with you.   We put in for a refund for our September cruise.  We don’t need Royal to hold any more of our money.  We probably will lose a nice FCC we got for problems on our December 2019 cruise but that is the way things go.  We are all healthy and that is all that matters.  Hope you are also.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, Covid-19 really doesn't care about opinion.  Opinions don't affect the actual science behind how to slow the Covid down.  

You do realize this is CRUISE CRITIC and not POLITICAL/COVID CRITIC[emoji19]

29 minutes ago, CapeGal said:

You do realize this is CRUISE CRITIC and not POLITICAL/COVID CRITICemoji19.png

to wear or not to wear a mask is not political. It is science.  That some think wearing a mask is a political statement is the largest impediment to getting cruising started again in the US.

• Like 6

We are about to start the 4th of July weekend. Please stop the political discussions, whether you think they are political or not.  Here is to future cruising!  🚢

♥️🤍💙

image.jpeg.51d6c0a54e582592af695d1b851108f0.jpeg

Cheers! 🍹

• Like 3

On 6/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, 3red7s said:

My computer is full of post its, trying to track the refunds that I am getting.

Might a suggest a handy spreadsheet? Better and easier than post its 🙂

I get where you are. Every day doing the same routine I have to hope our November sailing goes. Obviously and realistically, my hopes does not mean it will sail nor does it mean it will be safe. My hopes are to be able to vacation again and that is all. Unfortunately, we are resigned to wait it out for RCL to cancel. It is the only way we could afford the next time slot we cruise. If I took a refund now, we would have to give up the drink package to go because of the price difference. The 125% FCC would close 50% of the gap in price. We would have to cancel an excursion or cutback somewhere else to afford it. Otherwise, we take the full refund and book on another cruise line for less and fly into FLL. That's the sad part, ~$1,000 in airfare will still be less than what the cost of a cruise to drive to Port Canaveral. That's what is driving me crazy at the moment. If they cancel, we would have to diminish our vacation to go on vacation with RCL.

2 hours ago, bigrednole said:

I get where you are. Every day doing the same routine I have to hope our November sailing goes. Obviously and realistically, my hopes does not mean it will sail nor does it mean it will be safe. My hopes are to be able to vacation again and that is all. Unfortunately, we are resigned to wait it out for RCL to cancel. It is the only way we could afford the next time slot we cruise. If I took a refund now, we would have to give up the drink package to go because of the price difference. The 125% FCC would close 50% of the gap in price. We would have to cancel an excursion or cutback somewhere else to afford it. Otherwise, we take the full refund and book on another cruise line for less and fly into FLL. That's the sad part, ~$1,000 in airfare will still be less than what the cost of a cruise to drive to Port Canaveral. That's what is driving me crazy at the moment. If they cancel, we would have to diminish our vacation to go on vacation with RCL.

I’m not familiar with it the program, but can’t you lift and switch this current sailing?

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, TravelerThom said:

Obviously you have not been looking at the pictures of people packed in bars and on the beaches....

Yesterday they closed down a bar on Long Island for over capacity and lack of social distancing. The bar owner said he couldn't control it. I haven't been out clubbing in years. Have they done away with bouncers? They are starting to get stupid here but Cuomo isn't having it. 

6 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

If universities are already planning to have students take classes online for the entire school year, surely nobody expects to get on a cruise ship during that time. 

Online classes at Universities were popular before covid. The bigger concern in terms of cruising is that they still don't know if elementary and high school students will be returning to the classrooms in September.

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Yesterday they closed down a bar on Long Island for over capacity and lack of social distancing. The bar owner said he couldn't control it. I haven't been out clubbing in years. Have they done away with bouncers? They are starting to get stupid here but Cuomo isn't having it. 

Who closed them down?  I mean agency?  Here they pulled their license to force them to shut down. 

M8

7 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

If universities are already planning to have students take classes online for the entire school year, surely nobody expects to get on a cruise ship during that time. 

As of today, many of the Universities here in MI are planning to return to school for the Fall Semester.  If the numbers don't skyrocket I expect our public school students will be returning as well since the governor has released guidelines directing the schools to have 3 different plans to start back up.  Two for returning and one for online learning.