We WILL be cruising again!

Aldeya

Yeah, I really enjoyed that video... lots of fun.  ... Hope it returns soon. 

With cruises booked in 2021 and 2022, I'm definitely on the "glass half full" side, however, that could change, sadly. 

😉

Just read a notice that our borders will be closed until Aug. 31st after 2 US citizens crossed the border into Canada and failed to adhere to the 14 day quarantine.  Doubt that's the only reason for the extension but suspect it's more to do with the goal of closing borders (keep wanting to spell it boarders - people staying here already) but the longest border in the world remains closed, for now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

The video is not exactly expressing a current sentiment...it's from 2014.

I know it's from 2014. 

19 years ago after 9/11 happened people also were terrified and thought that cruising will never be the same. Well, cruising industry bounced back and people were enjoying cruising again. 

To my family this short video brings back great memories, lift our spirit and gives hope we'll enjoy our favorite vacation again.

Tough times will pass.  I believe We WILL be cruising again!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The video is not exactly expressing a current sentiment...it's from 2014.

I think that we all want to be happy now. And video highlights the crew and staff that we have sailed with (including Julie Valeriote who we have sailed with on many cruises in her cruise director role and her corporate director of entertainment role). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

😉

Just read a notice that our borders will be closed until Aug. 31st after 2 US citizens crossed the border into Canada and failed to adhere to the 14 day quarantine.  Doubt that's the only reason for the extension but suspect it's more to do with the goal of closing borders (keep wanting to spell it boarders - people staying here already) but the longest border in the world remains closed, for now.  

Wasn’t aware the closure was extended. What notice are you referring to?

6 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

Wasn’t aware the closure was extended. What notice are you referring to?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#enter

I know it says July 31st here but I read in another article (I no longer have it) that the govt was considering another extension.  Difficult to keep up with all the changes. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise

14 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

NCL has already cancelled it's October Canada cruises. 

Canada/New England Norwegian Breakaway October 4 & 11
Canada/New England Norwegian Gem October 2 & 9

4 hours ago, roger001 said:

As long as we're doing feel good, and nothing wrong with that, I filmed this a few years ago.  Does make you happy.  

Wow, to be employed as a crew member on a NCL ship, you've got to be multi-talented and be able to sing and dance in addition to your regular shipboard duties.

Come to think of it, the same applies to the servers in the MDRs on Carnival ships...

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 6:31 PM, farmersfight said:

Thanks for posting this uplifting video. Much needed during these trying times!

thanks!!!! That really hit the spot. 

Does anyone have the Breakaway video they made with Uptown Funk that got taken down bc of copyright issues with the song label? Circa 2014, that was an awesome video and I’d love to see it again. 

Given the restrictions the EU wants I will not be cruising again while such restrictions are in place. If you haven’t heard what is in store and outlined in the 49 page document, I suggest you get familiar with it before booking. It is really awful and requiring masks is the least of it. Try the deliberate segregation of anyone 65 and older from everyone else on the ship. It goes downhill from there. 

Edited by mamkmm2

9 hours ago, mamkmm2 said:

Given the restrictions the EU wants I will not be cruising again while such restrictions are in place. 

There are plenty negative posts on this board already.  We need a little "happy" to get us through tough times.

Let's keep THIS thread uplifting and positive. 

Edited by Aldeya
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mamkmm2 said:

Given the restrictions the EU wants I will not be cruising again while such restrictions are in place. If you haven’t heard what is in store and outlined in the 49 page document, I suggest you get familiar with it before booking. It is really awful and requiring masks is the least of it. Try the deliberate segregation of anyone 65 and older from everyone else on the ship. It goes downhill from there. 

There are some good videos out there that explain the guidelines and how they'd be implemented. That said, the guidelines will almost certainly be modified as time goes on, and potentially scrapped altogether once a vaccine is produced.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

There are some good videos out there that explain the guidelines and how they'd be implemented. That said, the guidelines will almost certainly be modified as time goes on, and potentially scrapped altogether once a vaccine is produced.

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus. It is the nature of the type of virus it is. Additionally with showing significant mutation abilities a vaccine may not be possible or effective for all clades at the same time.  Even assuming an effective vaccine it will take years to fully implement. 

I expect some cruise lines to go bankrupt prior to the end of 2021, at least one of them being a major line. 

Given current insistence on the use of the inefficient suppression method of virus control, I doubt the EU governing body is going to back off. That is wishful thinking. I am not singling them out. The CDC is every bit as obtuse in this regard. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mamkmm2 said:

There has never been a vaccine for a coronavirus. It is the nature of the type of virus it is. Additionally with showing significant mutation abilities a vaccine may not be possible or effective for all clades at the same time.  Even assuming an effective vaccine it will take years to fully implement. 

I expect some cruise lines to go bankrupt prior to the end of 2021, at least one of them being a major line. 

Given current insistence on the use of the inefficient suppression method of virus control, I doubt the EU governing body is going to back off. That is wishful thinking. I am not singling them out. The CDC is every bit as obtuse in this regard. 

Hello Captain Wonderful, This is a happy place, videos and memories of happy times cruising. This thread is for happy people who want to look back and forward to happy times while vacationing and cruising. Take your vibe kill, unhappy demeanor, and your negativity to another bridge under which you can live and to troll from, there are plenty other Places to spread your negativity on here. 

Go talk about vaccines and E.U. policies and all that somewhere else. This isn’t the place.  I was happy to see this thread, it made me smile and it should stay that way. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Hello Captain Wonderful, This is a happy place, videos and memories of happy times cruising. This thread is for happy people who want to look back and forward to happy times while vacationing and cruising. Take your vibe kill, unhappy demeanor, and your negativity to another bridge under which you can live and to troll from, there are plenty other Places to spread your negativity on here. 

Go talk about vaccines and E.U. policies and all that somewhere else. This isn’t the place.  I was happy to see this thread, it made me smile and it should stay that way. 

Live in the past much?  Not dealing with reality is a failure to be an adult.  Living a fantasy is something the cruise lines are no longer able to provide at this time and for some time to come. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, mamkmm2 said:

I disagree with nearly everything you wrote, but I grant you the right to say whatever you like. FYI Cruise Critic is a cruise site, not a peer-review online medical journal. As such, I take all COVID-19 related posts with a grain of salt, and I've discovered that most people just look to have their views confirmed by others. I come to the site for cruise-related topics, not to engage in debate when it's virtually pointless. I am looking forward to getting back to cruising and I am 100% confident it will happen. When, I don't know. But it will happen. Have a good day!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1