Now that the FCO has issued its update what are my options.

Maxximum23

We are due to sail with Celebrity on the Edge cruise liner from Italy on 18 September. The final balance is due on 24 July. Now that the Foreign Office in Britain today has warned against all U.K. citizens regardless of age not to go on a cruise, what are my options? I think it’s best to transfer the cruise to September 2021, what would you do? Thank you

13 minutes ago, Maxximum23 said:

We are due to sail with Celebrity on the Edge cruise liner from Italy on 18 September. The final balance is due on 24 July. Now that the Foreign Office in Britain today has warned against all U.K. citizens regardless of age not to go on a cruise, what are my options? I think it’s best to transfer the cruise to September 2021, what would you do? Thank you

take into account for the L&S it's a different itinerary:

1)Your cruise is 10 nights,  2)2021 GREEK ISLANDS is 11 nights, 3) the 10 nights cruise in 2021 is Italy, Croatia and Montenegro

Explore what might be available under L&S. If you can't find something suitable, you can either cancel before final payment or make the payment and wait for Celebrity to cancel, which they surely will. Personally, if I couldn't work out a suitable L&S, I'd cancel now and take a refund.

Edited by Fouremco

If you want to see what your L&S options are use their tool on the website.  You enter your reservation information and it gives you the options.  You don't have to submit the request but can use it as research.

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C

I believe the OP is from the UK and refund of deposit I don't think is possible but they should inquire.

Edited by wrk2cruise

your insured technically because of the FCO advice - assuming your insurance was in place so even your deposit should be covered..

This strangely could be your only option according to the martin lewis site because as usual for the UK theres nothing mandatory in place - its just advice - so if the cruise/flight goes ahead its your issue (TBH though I seriously t doubt the Edge will be sailing in September)

Technically you cant refund deposits in the UK - Celeb I have found have been quite happy to move them though or you could just lift and shift (though be careful as your T&C will change when you do this)

Edited by ighten

If you are unable to lift and shift then under the current cruise with confidence offer you can cancel and X will refund your deposit as an FCC.

I just cancelled a cruise scheduled for October and will get (eventually) a credit card refund of the amount I had already paid, and the deposit back as FCC.

So that’s another option.

14 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you want to see what your L&S options are use their tool on the website.  You enter your reservation information and it gives you the options.  You don't have to submit the request but can use it as research.

https://cancellation.celebritycruises.com/?brand=C

I believe the OP is from the UK and refund of deposit I don't think is possible but they should inquire.

I was told I would get FCC, but it has never been issued. I contacted Celebrity and was told my booking was not eligible for a refund, so try claiming from my Travel Insurance, which I did. 

I didn’t hold out much hope, especially as we waited for 2 months before we heard anything. When we eventually spoke to someone, I pointed out the GOV.UK advise against cruising for the over 70’s and for passengers with health problems.

My deposit was returned to me, less £10.p.p excess, on Monday.

So, now any passenger should be able to claim on their Insurance, as UK Government advice, is against cruising.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:01 PM, Redrobo said:

I had an E-mail from Cunard today saying, on the FCO advice they have put their sailings on hold until November 2020.

I wonder if that means Celebrity are going to push back their cruises, are they all part of Cunard?

1 hour ago, Maxximum23 said:

I wonder if that means Celebrity are going to push back their cruises, are they all part of Cunard?

Last time I checked, Cunard was part of the Carnival Corporation. Celebrity, of course, is part of the Royal Caribbean Group.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:40 PM, Fouremco said:

Explore what might be available under L&S. If you can't find something suitable, you can either cancel before final payment or make the payment and wait for Celebrity to cancel, which they surely will. Personally, if I couldn't work out a suitable L&S, I'd cancel now and take a refund.

Agree.  Anything this year not likely to happen.

FCO has now updated the advice; I see  River cruises are now approved as an option -- looks like next on the table is expedition cruises.. I still cant see any traditional big white ships  being lifted for a while though but the report does say they are making progress..