The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

I don't have a sunrise for May 6, so this one is from May 7, taken in Amsterdam on an interlude between disembarking Nieuw Statendam and boarding Queen Victoria in Kiel.  It was taken at the back of Central Station

dawn0507.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's on this board.  You are the glue and the foundation.

One of the things we have learned from the overland safaris that we have taken with Crystal Cruises is how the female animals often are also the ones who are the glue and foundation to the families who the men well you know the men well they do their own thing. LOL.

This was from our one and only sailing with Cunard on-board the QM2 on Mother's Day of 2014.  We were on-board for one of the many anniversary's they celebrate and the day I took the photo was Mother's Day.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.3c12a7e62bc9fc742dc8de30585b8d88.jpeg

We had debarked Serenity in May of that year having taken WC 2014 and staying on for a couple of additional voyages including a final one when we had our son and daughter in law on board from the port of Rome to Istanbul.  Got off in Istanbul and flew to London Heathrow and our family flew back to the states the next day and we took the QM2 as a means of transportation back to the states as well as to give it a test drive.

Keith

• Like 4

I only have one May 8 sunrise.  It's from my 2019 Nieuw Statendam/Cunard round trip transatlantic.  I slept late May 8 but caught this from my hotel window in Kiel.

dawn0508.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

While I had cruised when I was 12 years young this was the first ship I cruised on with Anne Marie and our two children.

IMG_20190816_0002.thumb.jpeg.8901e27538ae21bf4e6c0d85ef658742.jpeg

Yes, part of Premier Cruise Line and the Big Red Boat.

The irony is this was one of two sister ships at the time I went on my first cruise on-board the Homeric which at the time was part of an Italian Line called Home Lines.  I loved every minute of it.

A few months after I started dating Anne Marie we went up to New York to take her Mom to Manhattan Terminal where she boarded the Oceanic. This was still back in the day when we could come on-board to get her settled in.  My best friend from grade school went on this ship as well. 

So my first cruise was on Homeric and my second cruise on Oceanic and as they say the rest was history and the family loved cruising so we never turned back.

Now you know.

Keith

• Like 4

Some people say it's a big bird.  Others say it's small.  It's all about perspective and what vantage point you are viewing from.  Same goes for so many other aspects of life including travel.

From our last visit to San Francisco in early 2019 on-board Crystal Serenity.

Keith

IMG_2390.thumb.jpeg.443ddd818fee4bd87483e29751b1a385.jpeg

• Like 4

My next 2 sunrise involve Blount Small Ship Adventures cruises.  Today's was taken on the way to the cruise, as I changed trains in Chicago on my Baltimore-Chicago-New Orleans journey.  The photo was taken looking out from the Lake Michigan shore:

dawno518.jpg

Roy

• Like 4

Today's sunrise is from one of my longer Blount voyages, Rhode Island to Chicago on the Grand Mariner in 2008.  As May 19 started we were cruising Long Island Sound approaching New York City:

IMG_0980.JPG.dfe5ba6b6d9e5f6b8fe454b4fb0ad075.JPG

Roy

• Like 5