The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

I always enjoyed hearing how the Crystal land folks and the head sommeliers would visit the vineyards involved with this and how they discussed with the wine maker enhancements to make. As a guest it was fun to taste them and to provide feedback and see them evolve.  I agree with the comment that if you didn't know it was the Crystal Wine (some looked down at it) you would be surprised that it was.  

Conversely when we were on the QM2 in a Queens Grill Suite at that time it came with two bottles of wine.  I am not a wine snob and like finding good bargains and that is what Crystal did for the inclusive wines.  Those two wines which had Cunard Labels I almost spit them out and after the first sip I dumped each bottle.  I am sure if they spent say $7.00 more per bottle they could have provided something better even a Kendall Jackson versus whatever this was.  Maybe the Cunard bottle was Boone's Farm which some of you might remember as the cheap bottle some might buy in college.  

Keith

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, BEAV said:

Happy shopping, fellow Crystal Society winos! 😉

Thank you for the tip!  I stopped by Grocery Outlet in Sacramento this morning and picked up three bottles each of the Crystal C Cab and Chard (no Merlot or Pinot on the shelf).  I plan to taste them this evening and let the winos in my family know what I think.  We're all wine snobs but love to find good locally produced wine at bargain prices. 

• Like 1

The Crystal C Reserve Cabernet has come full circle from its birthplace and was found in Paso Robles today on a trip to California’s Central Coast by my cousin. The Merlot, Pinot and Chardonnay were there as well...🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, time to stir the pot.

In the 60s, there was an outpouring of musical creativity from the UK.  It was inspired by US R&B which was evolving into R&R (think Muddy Waters to Little Richard.)  This phenomenon was collectively known as the British Invasion.  The three best bands it produced were:

The Who

The Kinks

The Rolling Stones

That's right, if your favorite band isn't on the list, it finished no better than fourth. 

Condolences.

Anyone want to guess what they are thinking?

Marry Me.

Happy Anniversary

I Love You

It's Your Turn To Cook Dinner Tonight Honey

Is It Time To Go To The Dentist

Let's Go On A Crystal Cruise

All Of The Above

None Of The Above

DSC_2943.thumb.jpeg.3deec52693a74adf02d86f5ea6113cab.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the news of the purchase of Crystal I've thought about different phrases such as ready to go as we are ready to go and our bags are packed.

Another one was Get Back to where you want to go.  Well then I thought of my favorite cruise line and my favorite band.  I'm ready to get back as soon as possible to sail Crystal once again. Are you ready Jojo???

• Like 5

On 6/22/2022 at 3:25 AM, Keith1010 said:

Anyone want to guess what they are thinking?

Marry Me.

Happy Anniversary

I Love You

It's Your Turn To Cook Dinner Tonight Honey

Is It Time To Go To The Dentist

Let's Go On A Crystal Cruise

All Of The Above

None Of The Above

DSC_2943.thumb.jpeg.3deec52693a74adf02d86f5ea6113cab.jpeg

I think he found his twin 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Ok, I've tried to show restraint, but tell me this doesn't slap

Outstanding!  I saw the Stones perform this at the Cow Palace near San Francisco in the late 1970s.  However, I seriously doubt that A & K will be choosing this song to replace "What a Wonderful World" as the Crystal sailaway song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skybluewaters said:

Outstanding!  I saw the Stones perform this at the Cow Palace near San Francisco in the late 1970s.  However, I seriously doubt that A & K will be choosing this song to replace "What a Wonderful World" as the Crystal sailaway song. 

Well, yesterday I would have said "You can't Always Get What You Want," but going forward it's "Start Me Up."

But I agree, mellow Louie is best.

• Like 4

As a reminder that "Big Brother" is watching, at least as it concerns the internet, there was a big banner ad for Abercrombie and Kent when I went to weather.com this morning. I assume it's because so much that I've been reading here and on Facebook has reference to them. The Shadow Knows!

Patty

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When I have things on my mind, often songs come to mind.

I've been saying I am ready to go and this song comes to mind.  When I taught indoor cycling at home on a few occasions we would kick off the class with this song and these three words describe my mood right now. Ready To Go on a Crystal Cruise.

Keith

• Like 1

The following is not a criticism of any sort, just a note of genuine puzzlement.  

Crystal appears to be recovering from a near death experience.  It's still in ICU and will be there for a while.

So why are so many people who never or rarely posted to this board when Crystal was a going concern posting to this board now?  I mean, is it a "can't look away from the accident on the highway" sort of phenomenon? 

I'm sincerely curious.

PS: A&K bring back the trash can doilies!

• Like 4