The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

57 minutes ago, KenzSailing said:

24F at 1 PM here, about 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground, so I'm fighting back by wielding a hot stove.  Hot chocolate this morning, grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch.  It's Saturday, so steak tonight according to her majesty's wishes.  Life is good.

It's -10C/14F with a windchill of -17C/1F at the moment, but no new snow, just the frozen, iced-over stuff that fell last week! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow with an almost "balmy" -3C/27F!! Almost time to break out the shorts!! 😁😮😁 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 9:55 AM, KenzSailing said:

24F at 1 PM here, about 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground, so I'm fighting back by wielding a hot stove.  Hot chocolate this morning, grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch.  It's Saturday, so steak tonight according to her majesty's wishes.  Life is good.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:01 AM, Roland4 said:

It's -10C/14F with a windchill of -17C/1F at the moment, but no new snow, just the frozen, iced-over stuff that fell last week! Supposed to be sunny tomorrow with an almost "balmy" -3C/27F!! Almost time to break out the shorts!! 😁😮😁 

63F in Northern California…

The shorts are on! 

IMG_4988.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BEAV said:

63F in Northern California…

The shorts are on! 

IMG_4988.jpeg

OK, for you, we'll suspend the usual formal-optional dress code for the sup celebrating the big winter batch of French onion soup I made today.  Good use of a day not fit to go outdoors anyway.

But no board shorts.  Gotta have some standards.

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from the 2020 Crystal World Cruise.  On January 23 Crystal Serenity was headed west before being diverted to Cabo for a medical disembarkation:

dawn0123.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from the 2020 Crystal World Cruise.  On January 23 Crystal Serenity was headed west before being diverted to Cabo for a medical disembarkation:

dawn0123.jpg

Roy

I still remember Captain Vorland's announcement after we left Cabo, "We left so fast it was like we had stolen the ship!" He told us afterward that the seven days it took us to get from Cabo to Nuku Hiva was the longest time the ship had run at full speed since they took delivery of her in 2003!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

dawn0123.jpg

Roy

Roy that was a day I won''t forget as we knew the guest who was evacuated.  Sadly she passed a few months later.  That was also a World Cruise we won't forget because  while on board Covid unfolded. We were scheduled to sail Miami to Sydney so we could visit our family and return home.  If we were doing the full World Cruise we would have stayed but as it turned out it wouldn't have been for too much longer.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America and Antarctica cruise.  January 25 was a sea day from Robinson Crusoe Island to Castro, Chile:

dawn0125.jpg

Roy

• Like 5

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  On January 30 Crystal Serenity was on an overnight call in Honolulu"

dawn0130.jpg

Roy

For a split-second Roy, I thought you posted a picture of Stonehenge at sunrise!!  😁

~Nancy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2016 Crystal Symphony cruise from Buenos Aires to Antarctica to Miami.  January 31 was a sea day from Puerto Madryn to the Falklands:

• 1stsun0201.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

Today's sunrise is from mu 2019 Prinsendam Grand South America and Antarctica cruise.  On February 3 I watched the sun come above Brabant Island near Paradise Harbor:

dawn0203.jpg

Roy

• Like 6