The Daily for Sunday Jul 12, 2020

richwmn

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Another sunset photo today from scout camp.  This one was June 25, 2017 at Heritage Reservation in Southwest Pennsylvania.

dusk0625hertage.JPG.0fd8dc5284389e4aa5c6ae54287812ab.JPG

Roy

Good morning Roy!!

So enjoyably for me to look forward to your pictures!!!  Keep them coming! I agree with you also with Sharon I hope she and her family are well and her son is doing better.

Take care

Denise😊

• Like 3

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning to Rich, to everyone on the daily and to my dear sisters Cat and Joy!

Great quote!!! Yum to Pecan Pie and Pasta Carbonara yum! Will check out the wine later!! We’re heading out to La Jolla Shores good day to kayak!! Hope to see Garibaldis

in the coves! 
🌺🌺Cat love the picture of Bindi !!

🌺🌺Joy have a good day with dear Allen!

Denise😊

• Like 2

Rich:  Thank you for another DAILY.  The last two S Class ships and 2 R Class ships are headed to the Suez canal and I understand heading to anchorage off the Island of Cyprus. ( Source is Copper 10-8)   I wonder if these ships are being sold.

Have a great Sunday and thanks for all you do for us on Cruise Critic.

• Like 2

Thank you for the daily report Rich.

I prefer paper bags and I love that Trader Joe's uses them.  All the grocery stores here won't let us use our own bags yet, not even if we bag them.  AZ is hotbed for Covid and Tucson's numbers are on the rise.  😞

I love pecan pie but think of it as a holiday dessert.  I love Pasta Carbonara!  But not having that today.  Just set out hamburger for burgers at lunch and shrimp for dinner.

We had a crazy monsoon storm last evening, one reason why I didn't get on CC yesterday.  It started thundering when we were in the pool about 6:30pm, bummer because I had just gotten in and the water was so nice at 87 degrees.  We are spoiled and anything under 84 feels freezing.  The storm was our first monsoon of the season and late.  Usually have storms starting in mid to late June.  It was nice but I really don't like the lightning.

Roy, thank you for keeping my son on your Care List.  So sweet of you and everyone here to be concerned.  We truly are a family.  I loved reading your list of HAL cruisers you have met over the years.  I have met several but none post on a regular basis.  I was supposed to be on the same sailing as Crew News this fall but that cruise was cancelled.  So disappointed.  I have a 17 day cruise booked for Fall 2021 but I haven't checked the roll call yet.

Have a great day everyone!  Love the photo's everyone!

• Like 5

Wow,  The photos of flowers are beautiful.  I’m enjoying my garden, but our weather has been very dry.  I’m tired of watering.

Where is Scheveningen NL Anchorage..Niew Statendam is there?  That is my next scheduled Holland cruise.  Rotterdam in October is cancelled and refund is posted on my account.

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it.   Does anyone have a winter 2021 cruise booked?

Graduation dinner was great...just family.  The ceremony is at the drive in.  

No carbonara here today, but I like that.  Burger on the grill suits me today.  Crab cakes was my choice last night...love them.  Alice

Edited by AliceS
  • Like 5

@kazu  trollius was one of my mom’s favourites,  sadly we have had several harsh winters that killed mine.  Nice to see such a beautiful specimen

@AliceS

Schevingen is a port in the Netherlands.   We visited years ago, it has the most amazing miniature city called Madurodam.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Great to hear.  This is going to be one year to remember graduation wise for sure 😉 

18 minutes ago, AliceS said:

No carbonara here today, but I like that.  Burger on the grill suits me today.  Crab cakes was my choice last night...love them.  Alice

Yum on the crab cakes.  Love them too 😄 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu  trollius was one of my mom’s favourites,  sadly we have had several harsh winters that killed mine.  Nice to see such a beautiful specimen

I lost a couple of mine the year of all the ice storms with not enough snow and too much thawing and more ice.  Fortunately, I was able to get some babies and they are now doing well in the back to replace the ones I lost.

I actually have 3 of them in the front porch.  One has already bloomed and the other is just starting.  The two out back are just beginning 😄   I love this plant too as you can tell.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Scheveningen NL Anchorage

is slightly off the Netherlands coast north of the entrance to Rotterdam and a bit farther south of the entrance to Amsterdam.  NS has been hanging out with Zaandam, a Seabourn ship, and a Princess ship there since late May.

Capture.JPG.875d35326545485104965e33bde4b045.JPG

Roy

36 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Does anyone have a winter 2021 cruise booked?

Alice,

Several of us do have cruises booked. Kazu does a weekly report of those who have asked for "bon voyage" wishes. Her latest is **** Holland America Board’s Future Cruise Listing Updated July 10th, 2020 **** It's on page 2 of this forum. Of course, not everyone who has booked a cruise has requested a "bon voyage" message. She does a great job, especially with so many cruises being cancelled recently.

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AliceS said:

Does anyone have a winter 2021 cruise booked?

Sort of although it's questionable on 2 or 3 fronts.  I booked on the last segment of the Amsterdam Grand World Voyage (Dubai to Fort Lauderdale, starting April 6, so I guess it's really spring)  I'm not yet confirmed (Number 4 on the wait list at last check), and I wonder if the cruise will be anything like it's planned.

Roy

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for the daily report Rich.

I prefer paper bags and I love that Trader Joe's uses them.  All the grocery stores here won't let us use our own bags yet, not even if we bag them.  AZ is hotbed for Covid and Tucson's numbers are on the rise.  😞

We have a Sharon sighting! How is your son doing?

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AliceS said:

Alice,

High Schools have had to get creative this year!

The County just North of me held their High School graduation at the Daytona Speedway. The graduates got to circle the track & received their diplomas at the finish line.  Definitely one to remember!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Alice,

High Schools have had to get creative this year!

The County just North of me held their High School graduation at the Daytona Speedway. The graduates got to circle the track & received their diplomas at the finish line.  Definitely one to remember!

How creative!  That's definitely one that will be remembered for many years!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Denise, what a horrible incident on your local warship.

Roy

Yup!!! All over the news here!! Very sad for all!! It’s a helicopter aircraft carrier. The local news says it will burn for several days. 17 sailors injured and 4 civilians. Shawn said she could smell some smoke this morning with the breeze but not now!!

We heard about it on the radio on our way home from Kayaking. I feel for all and their families.

Denise😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy Sunday!

Thanks for the report, Rich. The only paper bags I get anymore are the bags that the Chinese food comes in. 😋 I was so glad when they started letting us take our reusable bags into the stores! I have way too many plastic bags from the past 4 months.

I'm actually not a pecan pie person. Give me my Mom's buttertarts any day of the week. Sadly, I'm not the best at making them, but my sister is taking over that job now.

😄 on the quote!

We had a crockpot dinner today. DH is doing up the dishes now.

Roy thank you for the care list. I'm waiting on the report about Krazy Kruizers, with hope that she is just on vacation.

@kazu Berner Alert! Our grandpuppy is a 3-legged berner. He is just a love bug. Heavy as heck when he sits on my foot for pets but loves to come visit us-lots of room to run! He is not a fan of summer at all, but give him the snow and his smile is as big as it can be. Your gardens are lovely!

Joy, I think it wise to ask your doctor Allen's birthday celebration. Better safe than sorry.

@ger_77 I am sorry that your yearly tradition got railroaded this year. I love the Hutterite theme and you and DH wore it well. I smiled when you mentioned Hutterites. My grade school social studies and high school world religions kicked in.

Our Anglican churches in Ontario are going back very slowly. We're in the "red" stage right now, which means the buildings are closed. Today we had our first outdoor service since everything shut down. The weather was perfect, and we had quite a turnout for our little church. I think everyone is eager to get back to normal, but we understand that it isn't going to happen overnight, or even over the next few months.

Here's to a great new week. Stay safe! Blessings to all!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

@kazu Berner Alert! Our grandpuppy is a 3-legged berner. He is just a love bug. Heavy as heck when he sits on my foot for pets but loves to come visit us-lots of room to run! He is not a fan of summer at all, but give him the snow and his smile is as big as it can be. Your gardens are lovely

LOL - Marley loves the snow

5ACEF5F7-BD5B-4808-BD3E-2029F1FD4E46.thumb.jpeg.91e89daea9d719065c91414ed08c7cdf.jpeg

but he loves the tiles in the front porch and loves to be out with me when I am planting.  He loves the flowers.  Doesn’t touch them but loves them.  

B5C21317-DE19-4BBA-A2EA-C1E07C217537.thumb.jpeg.ccad5a85854ba8ee52f932ceb66e8738.jpeg

The dogs know the planters are precious and never knock them when they are playing ( the beginning of the planning with my broken foot 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Our Anglican churches in Ontario are going back very slowly. We're in the "red" stage right now, which means the buildings are closed. Today we had our first outdoor service since everything shut down. The weather was perfect, and we had quite a turnout for our little church. I think everyone is eager to get back to normal, but we understand that it isn't going to happen overnight, or even over the next few months.

Maybe good weather for Ontario should be on the care list for next week.  I'm glad that you are taking it slow and were able to do this.  My congregation (Methodist/Presbyterian) has been doing services on ZOOM and almost certainly will do so until at least Labor Day.  We are doing MUCH better in Maryland than in most of the US but still taking things very slowly.  I am pleased that from a high or 611 Covid patients in Maryland ICU on May 9 we got down to 114 yesterday.  I think a big factor is that facial coverings are required almost everywhere indoors.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL - Marley loves the snow

5ACEF5F7-BD5B-4808-BD3E-2029F1FD4E46.thumb.jpeg.91e89daea9d719065c91414ed08c7cdf.jpeg

but he loves the tiles in the front porch and loves to be out with me when I am planting.  He loves the flowers.  Doesn’t touch them but loves them.  

B5C21317-DE19-4BBA-A2EA-C1E07C217537.thumb.jpeg.ccad5a85854ba8ee52f932ceb66e8738.jpeg

The dogs know the planters are precious and never knock them when they are playing ( the beginning of the planning with my broken foot 😉

Oh Jacqui Marley is precious!!!!! Love the video too! So much snow! WOW!

Denise😊

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Oh Jacqui Marley is precious!!!!! Love the video too! So much snow! WOW!

Denise😊

We get lots of snow.  You see the dip?  We shovel a path for the dogs off the deck and partly to the back yard.  Once Marley goes he leaves a path and the other(s) followed.  Of course now there is just one to follow and Miko is pretty agile in the snow.

He can take Marley on in a nano second.  LOL.  He’s a bundle of trouble and Marley loves him to death.

• Like 4