The Daily for Sunday Jul 12, 2020

richwmn

Just now, rafinmd said:

Strange, I couldn't see the video on my laptop.  I had to crank up my IPAD.

Roy

I took the video on my IPad, Roy. Wonder if that is the reason?  You wouldn’t have missed much.  If I ever get one where they are really jumping - now that is a video worth seeing.

Even though Marley is much older he is very athletic and Miko being much younger and a poodle (don’t ever get a poodle 😉 ) is up to anything he can do and more!   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Strange, I couldn't see the video on my laptop.  I had to crank up my IPAD.

Roy

I was able to see it on my laptop.   It did take a while to load, though.   I almost gave up and then the video started.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was able to see it on my laptop.   It did take a while to load, though.   I almost gave up and then the video started.

What browser are you using?

Firefox for me.

Roy

12 hours ago, kazu said:

@cat shepard here is a close up of the troillius for you:

291A20D3-0DB9-4668-B5A9-46E04CBFFB61.thumb.jpeg.1ae5726bd501a0a38b2f9c97f4df8bf4.jpeg

94162CCC-CF23-4871-85E3-54A1B5937AA0.thumb.jpeg.daa235bcff528e9b16864d0677fa4074.jpeg

@Seasick Sailor - thankfully, I don’t work all day long in the gardens 😉. They do require time but not all day long except in the early spring and fall.

Kazu, 

The Queen Troillus are beautiful, I know the low growing variety, but had not seen these before.

Thanks for the photos.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rafinmd said:

We had a lot of talk yesterday about this as a community.  I may be the exception here.  While I have never sailed with any of the regulars here I have met a lot HAL cruisers over the years, mostly while cruising with other lines:

Innlady1 at her inn on Nantucket while on a Blount cruise stopping there.  At the time she was a regular on the sailaway threads.

Crew News and his wife for breakfast before boarding the Prinsendam 2013 Amazon Explorer.  I think they were boarding another ship Monday.

RuthC in Providence before boarding another Blount Cruise in Warren RI.

Kazu at a Tim Hortons in Saint John while on Royal Caribbean.

Copper10_8 several times, first while both of us were in (I think) Puerto Vallarta on our separate ships.  We have met a few times since in Los Angeles, and he took me to the Crystal Serenity when I boarded this year's cruise.  I actually did sail briefly with him on a short Oosterdam repo from Vancouver to San Diego but he was pretty busy as security officer.  We did have dinner one night on that cruise.

And Erewhon twice when Crystal was in New Zealand.  They have met a number of Cruise Critic members the same way.

Roy

It was a pleasure to meet with you, also other Cruise Critic members we have met here in NZ , Copper10-8, Rich,  Aliaschief and his wife,  and on cruises we have met several members, including RMLincoln with  whom we keep in regular contact. ,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Since we are sharing sunset photos, tonight over Northeast Georgia

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

And my cat doing what she does best

IMG_1804.JPG

Rich your sunset I Love it!!! Your BF is cute! Wonderful markings

Thanks Rich! 
Denise😊

14 hours ago, kazu said:

I’m sending her an email to see if all is ok.  Hopefully all is good 

For several days have been concerned that  Krazy Kruzers has not posted, please let us know any  news of them.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, erewhon said:

It was a pleasure to meet with you, also other Cruise Critic members we have met here in NZ , Copper10-8, Rich,  Aliaschief and his wife,  and on cruises we have met several members, including RMLincoln with  whom we keep in regular contact. ,

And I enjoyed meeting y'all last year and the nice lunch during the tour of your city.

Over the years I have met many CC members, mostly at M&Gs. There are a bunch I stay in contact with but I am not as good at sending out messages as I should be and for that I am sorry.

Everyone have a great evening and a safe and healthy week.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cat shepard said:

We have a Sharon sighting! How is your son doing?

He seems to be better but still waiting for test results.  Of course at 35 he thinks he is unlikely to contract the virus.  Crazy kids.  But for us 65+ it is scary.  And AZ is a hotbed for the virus so we have to take all precautions.  Thanks so much for thinking of him.

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

Since we are sharing sunset photos, tonight over Northeast Georgia

IMG_1799.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

And my cat doing what she does best

IMG_1804.JPG

Beautiful shots of the sunset and you gorgeous cat, Rich 🙂 

8 hours ago, erewhon said:

For several days have been concerned that  Krazy Kruzers has not posted, please let us know any  news of them.

Haven’t heard back from KK yet.  Hopefully I hear something today 🤞

6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

He seems to be better but still waiting for test results.  Of course at 35 he thinks he is unlikely to contract the virus.  Crazy kids.  But for us 65+ it is scary.  And AZ is a hotbed for the virus so we have to take all precautions.  Thanks so much for thinking of him.

I hope he gets those test results soon and all is good, Sharon.  Glad to hear he is improving.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sharon - youth is certainly wasted on the young.  Hope his test is negative and he kicks whatever he is dealing with.  

And BTW, I live in Florida where the Governor said opening up the schools is just like opening up Home Depot & Walmart.  And our numbers are horrific.  So I understand your concern. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL - Marley loves the snow

5ACEF5F7-BD5B-4808-BD3E-2029F1FD4E46.thumb.jpeg.91e89daea9d719065c91414ed08c7cdf.jpeg

but he loves the tiles in the front porch and loves to be out with me when I am planting.  He loves the flowers.  Doesn’t touch them but loves them.  

B5C21317-DE19-4BBA-A2EA-C1E07C217537.thumb.jpeg.ccad5a85854ba8ee52f932ceb66e8738.jpeg

The dogs know the planters are precious and never knock them when they are playing ( the beginning of the planning with my broken foot 😉

❤️

• Like 1