Have you seen people denied entrance to dining room because not. Dressed properly?

oskidunker

28 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Perhaps the Brits should have sent it to Boston, 100 years before Captain James Cook entered Sydney Harbour, they could have had it on the menu at the Boston Tea Party.   The Black pudding is sold here, do they sell it in the US of A?   I don't know of many Aussies who would eat it.  I have seen it on P&O UK and Cunard, the black pudding that is, grilled/fried for breakfast.

Now Vegemite, that is a very popular spread here.  Princess ships operating from AUS stock it.

th (4).jpg

QM2 has it when we were on her. Miss Gut would probably caused a riot otherwise

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigMac1953 said:

Marmite and Vegemite are basically the same thing.

No, vegemite is vegetable extract, marmite is beef extract, both have yeast and plenty of salt.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

QM2 has it when we were on her. Miss Gut would probably caused a riot otherwise

They had it on QM2 when we were on her, Syd to HK in 2017. Loads of Aussies on board, that is why.908620333_th(4).jpg.c972c9d97239356f02b6f657a76dc490.jpg

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No, vegemite is vegetable extract, marmite is beef extract, both have yeast and plenty of salt.

Nonsense. Marmite is VEGAN and has nothing to do with beef.

It even states on the label "100% vegetarian".

5 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I think you might be confusing marmite with bovril, this seems to explain the differences between the two, similar but not identical

Marmite v Vegemite

Thank you for that linked article. As a non-fan of both (yes, I have tried both at one time or another...no desire to repeat the experience), I was always under the impression that the only difference was that Marmite was British and Vegemite was Australian. Interesting to learn there is a bit more to it.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:43 PM, Host Hattie said:

I think you might be confusing marmite with bovril, this seems to explain the differences between the two, similar but not identical

Marmite v Vegemite

Sorry, my apologies you are right, I was thinking of Bovril. Australia has an equivalent of Bovril, it is Bonox, been around for years.  Rum and Bonox was a favourite amongst military personnel, way back and is often consumed at dawn services on Anzac Day 25 April. Warms the cockles of your heart.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:12 PM, BigMac1953 said:

Nonsense. Marmite is VEGAN and has nothing to do with beef.

It even states on the label "100% vegetarian".

You are correct, apologies.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:30 AM, ExArkie said:

Thank you for that linked article. As a non-fan of both (yes, I have tried both at one time or another...no desire to repeat the experience), I was always under the impression that the only difference was that Marmite was British and Vegemite was Australian. Interesting to learn there is a bit more to it.

I have tried both, and am of the opinion that neither of them is enough different from the other to ever be worth further sampling.

• 2 weeks later...

On our first world cruise, we shared a table for six, one of the other couples got on ship in Sydney,  and after a few nights the lady who was Australian and her partner was English from Liverpool, she said her partner had left something in the cabin and had gone back for it, when he arrived at the table he was furious, one of the head waiters approached him entering the dining room with no jacket and asked him to put a jacket on, back to the cabin, jacket on, back to the dining room, he then explained why he was late, saying I have a new beautiful shirt which I wanted to show off,  I glanced at his partner needless to say head down and feeling embarrassed, for the rest of the meal it was never mentioned again.🍷🥃

Dress code is in the Cunard Brochure