Free Sprecialty Dining Promotion

tert333

There is a new promotion effective today for a free specialty dining voucher.   The promotion runs until August 6.   For me, the price was the same as it was yesterday. Can be used in combination with the Princess Plus promotion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this!  I am hold with my Big Box TA, and it's the promo they've had before:  a single voucher for one night's specialty dining.  

Princess is being very accommodating and adding it to our existing reservations with them.  They have to create a new booking number for each cruise, but the pricing remains the same and the deposit.

If you go on the Princess website and go into cruise deals, you will see it. 

I cancelled a different cruise and booked a new one and was able to carry over my shareholder credit as well. 

9 hours ago, tert333 said:

There is a new promotion effective today for a free specialty dining voucher.   The promotion runs until August 6.   For me, the price was the same as it was yesterday. Can be used in combination with the Princess Plus promotion.

So, this is for a one time specialty dining voucher?  We have a cruise to Alaska booked with the Best. Sale. Ever. promo.  Sounds like everything is the same except for the specialty dining?  I’m wondering if I should contact my TA to see if she can add this on to our booking.  Or if it’s even worth the hassle.  And I’m still wondering if our sailing will even happen next August 2021 at this point.  Sale or not, I’m still a bit concerned about the virus.  

Edited by Linsifer

39 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

So, this is for a one time specialty dining voucher?  We have a cruise to Alaska booked with the Best. Sale. Ever. promo.  Sounds like everything is the same except for the specialty dining?  I’m wondering if I should contact my TA to see if she can add this on to our booking. 

Yes, it is the same as what already was available, but now includes one specialty dining per passenger. Available with the basic fares and the Princess plus fares in any type cabin.

Others have indicated they received new booking numbers when this was added to an existing booking.

Princess had said this could not be added to existing bookings, so effectively their booking was cancelled and a new one made, thus the new booking number.

Offer is available through August 6.

I got an e-mail from Princess informing me about the promotion. The price for a May cruise in Alaska in a balcony of my choice, was a little over $3800.00, which I think is a pretty good deal. the same thing on NCL on the Sun, an old ship, was $5500.00 with basically the same perks. By the way, I'm talking about the Majestic.

There are 2 promotions I am seeing today. This one for specialty dinner adds $100 on to my cruise fare, so not worth it to me. 
the other promotions I see is for wifi, drinks, gratuity, specialty dinner which adds $600 on to my cruise fare. Not worth it to me. 

Does anyone know if rebooking and getting a new booking number effectas your cruise in any way? I have heard that when you do this type of rebooking you lose your original date of booking. This means you lose some sort of seniority when it comes to requests like having a table for two.Does anyone know if this exists or it is just urban legend?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dog said:

There are 2 promotions I am seeing today. This one for specialty dinner adds $100 on to my cruise fare, so not worth it to me. 
the other promotions I see is for wifi, drinks, gratuity, specialty dinner which adds $600 on to my cruise fare. Not worth it to me. 

1 hour ago, bubbapuck said:

Does anyone know if rebooking and getting a new booking number effectas your cruise in any way? I have heard that when you do this type of rebooking you lose your original date of booking. This means you lose some sort of seniority when it comes to requests like having a table for two.Does anyone know if this exists or it is just urban legend?

This dining promotion can be added to an existing booking, WITH NO CHANGE TO PRICING or other perks in the original booking.  

Yes, my two bookings now show a new booking date.  Cabin is the same, price is the same, deposit is the same.  Everything except the booking ID and the booking date, which are new.

We've never had trouble getting a table for two, but that's because we go to the dining room as soon as we get on board and inquire about where and when to make changes to our table assignment.  While there, we check out our assigned table to see if it's what we want.  We do this on every cruise line where we select fixed seating for dinner.

• Like 1

I booked my cruise awhile ago and got the three "usual" freebies.  Then the price of my stateroom selection went up $50pp. Then it stayed at that new higher price and added on $150pp OBC.  Went into my personalizer and looked up my cruise and saw they had automatically added on the OBC for my lower fare!!!  That was a nice surprise.  Then they took off the OBC offer and the price remained at the $50 higher price.  Now they have added on a $29pp dinner.  Nice, but the OBC was so much better!!

Pooh

1 hour ago, dog said:

• Thanks 1

We received the same email.  It says the Specialty Dining promo is good for cruises 2021/2022 (combined with the beverage package, free wifi and paid gratuities).  However when I do a search of cruises in December of this year (we have one booked) the promotion was clearly also advertised there.  However when I asked our TA about it, it wasn't available.  I'm okay tho, found out the cruise had been re-fared and we saved much more than the value of the dining voucher.  Win/Win!!

• Like 2

This promotion is for "all fares".  Had my TA call Princess to add it to my Princess Saver fare.  The Princess agent, told us that it was not available for Princess Saver fare even though we read the "details" page to her and it clearly states that it is available.  She was rude and very unprofessional.  TA called back and spoke with another agent who knew exactly what the promotion was about, added it to our booking (no charge, no change in fare).  

5 hours ago, dog said:

now my cruise is $66 less & offers  specialty dinner for 2. Cannot get through on phone. 

Well, I take it all back. Got through immediately on a different number. Saved $300 per cabin & get  dinner for 2 in specialty restaurant & 2 coupon books 

booking number stays the same

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, pcur said:

This dining promotion can be added to an existing booking, WITH NO CHANGE TO PRICING or other perks in the original booking.  

This did not work for us.  We have linked back to back cruises next May.  We added the dinner to the final cruise as there was no change in booking price.  We were unable to add it to the first cruise unless we paid the current booking price which was $190 more.

Needless to say we are disappointed Elite members (29 Princess cruises).

PCUR....if you have any suggestions we would love to hear them.

Edited by JudithLynne

Just looked and this promo has been added to the Princess Plus pricing for our May/June 2021 cruises. However, the pricing has gone up. Not a big deal for us as we don't really enjoy the specialty dining all that much. It's just too dang much food for us. It's kind of interesting though that just a couple of days ago I refared one of the cruises from a Premium Ocean View to a Caribe Balcony for no change in price but today the cabin I booked has gone up a couple hundred dollars per person.

2 hours ago, candide333 said:

Lucky you. Our cruise fare is $50 per person more, so not a savings. 

I phoned.

What I saw on website was a lot less then rep offered me.

I asked to add specialty dinner promotion to my existing booking and asked for price drop. kept same booking number.

Appreciate this topic.  We were able to add the dinner without any extra costs and kept our original booking.  We try not to change booking numbers, last time we did it affected our flight costs.  What is your understanding about when this dinner can be scheduled?  Last couple cruises it had to be first night, but then we were in a suite.  They would not allow us to change.  Thanks again.

6 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

What is your understanding about when this dinner can be scheduled?  Last couple cruises it had to be first night, but then we were in a suite.  They would not allow us to change.  Thanks again.

Yes, the suite perk must be used the first evening.

But for promotions like this there will be a notice in your cabin about which night at which time and in which restaurant your dinner is scheduled. If you do not like the date, time or restaurant, call/visit immediately to have it moved to what you would like. If many people booked with this perk, there may not be many slots available to move it to.

• Like 1

In addition to this Free Specialty  Dinner promo , if you booked with a TA during their  Princess Cruise Night weekly Sales , you will be getting the Coupon Book that has the Specialty Restaurant BoGo coupon for the 1st night only.

Many Thanks to tert333 for the heads up!  I called today and was able to have the Specialty Dining added to our existing booking for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE and NO CHANGE in booking confirmation number.  I can now see it has been added to my Travel Summary in my Princess Personalizer account.  Definitely worth a phone call to Princess. If you booked through a TA, you'll need to request they call Princess on your behalf.  Sorry, I do not know if this applies to bookings from outside US.

3 hours ago, bubbapuck said:

I called Princess and they said this is for new bookings only. It seems like alot of you got it added?

My Princess agent finally called back and set me up with the free specialty dining. I asked about changing my booking number. He said that only changes if you change cruises. He also said with free specialty dining, they assign as a date, time and restaurant. You will find out this info after you get on board. If you dont like it, you can call to trya dn change it. I just want to make sure it doesnt fall on a formal night. The wife and I love formal nights.

Anyways, got it as an add on. No changes to my existing booking at all.

Edited by bubbapuck
  • Like 1