If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not really because my county although having a few hiccups is doing a good job.  I would hate to have to live by some of the policies of other counties who are having big problems.

That's easy to say if you live in a county not experiencing problems! 😁

• Like 1

Back to the original question - YES! My husband (over 65) just was able to sign up for his vaccine. I'm waiting for my demographic to open up. 

Also, my guess is that masks will be an ongoing requirement in public spaces for a while. Which is fine with me. Not everyone can get the vaccine, and it's not 100% effective.

I just want to travel again!!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yogimax said:

This has been the Achilles Heel all along.  The Feds worked on vaccine development but then washed their hands.  Instead of a national effort, which will now at last be put in place, they left it in the hands of the states, who left it in the hands of the counties.  Many of those counties were simply ill equipped for the magnitude of the problem.

Understand the frustration, but would like to restate. 

The Federal government "has NO jurisdiction" over this, or many other, issues and matters under the Constitutional protections of States Rights and Powers.

This will continue, regardless of the source "which will now at last be put in place," under the same provisions.

It was not the Federal government that "washed their hands" of this responsibility, when it was proffered that it would take the lead, it was vehemently opposed (to the point of potential litigation by the largest of certain states) that it was "they" (the state) was the only government empowered to do such.  As a result, they have only made Federal recommendations and guidelines.

Just saying.  👍

So many states, now performing badly, demanded control, got it, again performed badly to date, and now invoke "it's not my fault, it's the Federal government."  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

The Federal government "has NO jurisdiction" over this, or many other, issues and matters under the Constitutional protections of States Rights and Powers.

This will continue, regardless of the source "which will now at last be put in place," under the same provisions.

It was not the Federal government that "washed their hands" of this responsibility, when it was proffered that it would take the lead, it was vehemently opposed (to the point of potential litigation by the largest of certain states) that it was "they" (the state) was the only government empowered to do such.  As a result, they have only made Federal recommendations and guidelines.

Just saying.  👍

So many states, now performing badly, demanded control, got it, again performed badly to date, and now invoke "it's not my fault, it's the Federal government."  

Well said...

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

I didn't know the Constitution spoke about pandemics or vaccine distribution.  Would you be kind enough to share where in the  constitution this is stated?

You bet your sweet butt, I will pretty much do whatever they ask (well maybe not everything) just to get on that dang ship!!  I don't even care where it goes, just get me on the ship!

BUT, I would have taken the vaccine anyway, cause I want to get on with living!  This holding in place is not my cup of tea.

Judy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I didn't know the Constitution spoke about pandemics or vaccine distribution.  Would you be kind enough to share where in the  constitution this is stated?

The Constitution isn't required to define or list specific every current or future possible item, issue or matter of what "states rights" are, rather it simply states what the "powers" (rights, duties, responsibilities, etc.) of the Federal government are limited to.

IMO, keeping it simple was wise.  🙄

Here's the text.  Of note, the states "could have waived their rights regarding the pandemic, by not prohibiting the rights, duties, responsibilities (i.e., powers) of the Federal government."  They did not choose to do such. 

Almost all wanted to preserve their own such powers under the Constitution "regarding this pandemic."

So, they "made their own beds" so to speak.

10th.JPG.f8c324d045821e0178414dc7164579e7.JPG

I do not intend to be critical, I just want to illustrate what many (not only those from other countries but (sadly), including tens and tens of millions of our citizenry), do not understand about the Constitution. 

I don't even know if students ever have to actually read it anymore.  😠

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

The Constitution isn't required to define or list specific every current or future possible item, issue or matter of what "states rights" are, rather it simply states what the "powers" (rights, duties, responsibilities, etc.) of the Federal government are limited to.

Here's the text.  Of note, the states "could have waived their rights regarding the pandemic, by not prohibiting the rights, duties, responsibilities (i.e., powers) of the Federal government."  They did not choose to do such. 

Almost all wanted to preserve their own such powers under the Constitution "regarding this pandemic."

So, they "made their own beds" so to speak.

I do not intend to be critical, I just want to illustrate what many (not only those from other countries but (sadly), including tens and tens of millions of our citizenry), do not understand about the Constitution. 

I don't even know if students ever have to actually read it anymore.  😠

They are trying to erase/destroy the constitution because the constitution says what Gov't can't do, whereas Gov't want to tell people WHAT to do.  🍷

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you devise a national policy when you have states of different sizes, different population densities, and varying densities within different counties of the state? I am sure that NYC and Montauk have very different needs as well as infrastructure. One size doesn't fit all when you are talking about the U.S. or many other countries.

Even a small state like RI has very different needs between the northern city and the southern beach areas.

Exactly. Federal government is damned if you do and damned if you don't with the pandemic. States rights prevail or don't.  Who knows anymore.

But I do like your comment on differences within a state. Here, the panhandle is vastly different from Miami or even The Villages. 

Pretty sure upstate NY is way different from the city

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I personally like State’s rights. We shouldn’t be so dependent on the Federal Government to fix all the State problems. Throwing money at the problem we don’t have is only a very narrow and short term fix. We will have to pay eventually. Seems new plan is nothing but a bail out for mismanaged Blue States. 

M8

Well said. The piper is drooling over the bills we're racking up

• Like 1

19 hours ago, yogimax said:

I am reading of all sorts of problems in Florida regarding vaccine distribution.  Is this true?

Not true in Sumter County. We have a website which runs like clockwork with very little snafus and an on site location in  a huge open field set up with 4 tents for vehicles.

Online registration gives dates and 30 minute windows to select when you want your first dose. As soon as you are given your date and time, your second shot appointment is generated and sent to your email or mobile phone, which ever you prefer. The system is working flawlessly. I got my first shot a few days ago and my second shot appointment is exactly 28 days later in the same time window as my first shot.

The vaccination site has three ambulances available for anyone who requires medical care. There is a large area for the vehicles to wait in the observation area. The people who are doing the observation put cards on your windshield with the time that you are released to leave the site.

VERY impressed with the entire operation. From the time I entered the line of vehicles I was directed to go to, I was out of there in just over 30 minutes. Florida is vaccinating anyone over the age of 65. I'm glad I'm in that age bracket. Hubby has to wait for his vaccine.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Disagree, not practical with diverse population across a state.

IMHO

Then how would vaccines be distributed within a state?  Would the counties have to bid against each other?

And I would hope that at the state level, they are aware of the diversity of the population among counties.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think this applies to most States. 

That statement also applies within a state, and even within a county in many instances.

St Louis County and Fulton County come to mind in my experiences

8 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Then how would vaccines be distributed within a state?  Would the counties have to bid against each other?

And I would hope that at the state level, they are aware of the diversity of the population among counties.

Fortunately that's not up to me to decide, and luckily it's not up to other armchair quarterbacks.  Its up to duly elected officials and the people who control them.😉

I'm not naive, either

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well said. The piper is drooling over the bills we're racking up

👍

"The recklessness and shamelessness of all this reminds me of the story of the man in a dark suit who knocks on a woman’s door as she is holding a baby girl in her arms. "I’m from the IRS and I’m here to collect your $120,000 share of the national debt," the man says.

The woman answers in shock: "I don’t have that much money."

The man replies: "I wasn’t talking to you. I was talking to the baby." 

🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Quoting Gordon, Huberfeld and Jones...  

"A global pandemic has no respect for geographic boundaries, laying bare the weaknesses of federalism in the face of a crisis."

42 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Quoting Gordon, Huberfeld and Jones...  

"A global pandemic has no respect for geographic boundaries, laying bare the weaknesses of federalism in the face of a crisis."

I don't have any cure for the virus, didn't cause it, didn't transmit it, etc.  I haven't experienced a 100 year pandemic before.  I'm not blaming anyone, here, at the Federal or state level for it's existence here.

Also, I have no problem with the consternations about that responses of the 50 states in line with their objection to the Federal powers over the pandemic.  So, maybe they should have relinquished such for the pandemic?  Again, the states "did not."  That is not the fault of Federal governance.

You refer (to the 'authors) who are clear ideologs of a certain dogma as if the Federal government "should have absolute authority" over the states.  That's been their dogma; but, such has and will long be supported and maintained while the same such have "their" governance in power at the Federal level. 

The same "such" go batsh*t crazy when those opposing their platforms are in governance.

IMO, I'd rather have the governance accountable at the state level, except for those powers granted to the Federal government by the Constitution, the States or the People (i.e., defense for example) as the law currently stands.  

IMO, once power is ceded to the Federal government it is forever unchecked, even when and after the door was opened (let's say) for the good (i.e., excuse) of the pandemic, would result in more deaths in the long-term than the virus could ever do.

Here's what would die first:

Freedom of speech.

Freedom of the press.

Freedom of religion.

Freedom of assembly.

Right to petition the government.

Wait, it's looking a lot like these are already half-way in the grave, so to speak.

Can't wait to be in a lounger, on a sundeck, on a cruise ship with a 'cold one in hand (maybe one in the bucket of ice too).

Edited by Formula280SS
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Just saying.  👍

Agreed, federal notice for setting up vaccine distribution infrastructure went out to the states in August 2020 and allowed for sufficient time to develop and ramp up a process.  But it seems some localities still didn't believe vaccine would be approved or be available and hesitated.  

Tier 1A (HCWs and nursing home residents/staff) got accomplished by this week (only about one month after vaccine approval) and we are on to Tier 1B. 

Was supposed to be a smooth expansion for essential workers and those age >75 first, then open up gradually even more.

Then the state and counties announced Tier 1c, jumping to age >65 less than one day after the >75 year old announcement.  Now you have more chaos with a much larger portion of the population vying for vaccination.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1