If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

Question, not sure if this is discussed here. Let's say cruise lines mandates either a vaccine or a test (one or more). How will they handle smaller children (10 and younger?). There's no vaccine for them, and I don't think that a nasal swab test will work for them. Or will cruising be for 16 and up for the near future?

19 minutes ago, exm said:

Question, not sure if this is discussed here. Let's say cruise lines mandates either a vaccine or a test (one or more). How will they handle smaller children (10 and younger?). There's no vaccine for them, and I don't think that a nasal swab test will work for them. Or will cruising be for 16 and up for the near future?

Unknown.  Nothing has been released by the cruise line.

13 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Why didn’t he delay his second dose & let it be used for someone as a first dose. 

None has said the second dose should be delayed in the US. Both the President Elect and current WH say  (that will be the new WH position today) that the vaccine production will able to keep up. In other words if all the doses are released there will be enough new doses produced to give the second dose on time. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

None has said the second dose should be delayed. Both the President Elect and current WH say that the vaccine production is able to keep up. In other words if all the doses are released there will be enough produced to give the second dose. 

I don’t have an issue with this as long as they can insure they can maintain the 2nd dose within the tested protocols. A day or two either way doesn’t bother me. It’s seems like it could add to the logistical nightmare going on now with the return for the second dose. 

I have a return date on my Vaccine card. It will be a mess if it’s not available on that date. People showing up for their 2nd dose and not having availability. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exm said:

I believe trials are underway for children. As for cruising in the near future I don't know what you would call near future but I doubt cruising will start up in the near future.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t have an issue with this as long as they can insure they can maintain the 2nd dose within the tested protocols. A day or two either way doesn’t bother me. It’s seems like it could add to the logistical nightmare going on now with the return for the second dose. 

I have a return date on my Vaccine card. It will be a mess if it’s not available on that date. People showing up for their 2nd dose and not having availability. 

M8

I think that it is reasonable to be skeptical about the new plan. I have not seen data yet to believe it or disbelieve they can produce new doses in sync.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And, hopefully, Fauci will remember that he is a doctor and not go along with whatever Biden wants  just to stay in the president's good graces. Fauci is just too much of a TV showboater that likes the limelight with the media fawning all over him and rubbing elbows with politicians. Crossing the president is not in his best interest. What will he do when the pandemic is over?

So sad to see the unmerited bashing of a public servant who has done his best to save lives in an uncaring environment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

None has said the second dose should be delayed in the US. Both the President Elect and current WH say  (that will be the new WH position today) that the vaccine production will able to keep up. In other words if all the doses are released there will be enough new doses produced to give the second dose on time. 

The FDA was absolutely toying with the idea until they came to their senses.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And, hopefully, Fauci will remember that he is a doctor and not go along with whatever Biden wants  just to stay in the president's good graces. Fauci is just too much of a TV showboater that likes the limelight with the media fawning all over him and rubbing elbows with politicians. Crossing the president is not in his best interest. What will he do when the pandemic is over?

He has a pretty good record of diplomacy while navigating several different presidential administrations with different philosophies. 

What makes you think he would suddenly become a Yes-Man when he has proven he's not, even to other past administrations where being a Yes-Man was critical?

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

He has a pretty good record of diplomacy while navigating several different presidential administrations with different philosophies. 

What makes you think he would suddenly become a Yes-Man when he has proven he's not, even to other past administrations where being a Yes-Man was critical?

We will see. At least, to my understanding, he was not in favor of toying with the dosing interval of the vaccines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sheep and don’t know it. Follow the science until .....

M8 I follow the science but hey sometimes science needs to be adjusted - medical community has a hard time admitting they are WRONG sometimes (have Dr. friends - go kick rocks).  

Like this ***** bird who tried to tank the CFB season

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/coronavirus-in-college-football-hospitalizations-deaths-projected-by-data-analysts-if-fbs-plays-in/

• Like 3

This may have been asked but we are at 54 pages... LOL

Currently children under 16 can't get the vaccine.  Do you think children will be barred from cruises for the foreseeable future until that either changes or we have "herd immunity" (if that ever happens).

26 minutes ago, MaddyandMax said:

This may have been asked but we are at 54 pages... LOL

Currently children under 16 can't get the vaccine.  Do you think children will be barred from cruises for the foreseeable future until that either changes or we have "herd immunity" (if that ever happens).

No one even knows if Royal will be requiring a vaccine.  Not even Fain.  Just saw a new interview with him where he had no real answers to anything

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

M8 I follow the science but hey sometimes science needs to be adjusted - medical community has a hard time admitting they are WRONG sometimes (have Dr. friends - go kick rocks).  

Like this ***** bird who tried to tank the CFB season

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/coronavirus-in-college-football-hospitalizations-deaths-projected-by-data-analysts-if-fbs-plays-in/

Agreed.  Also, the medical community, as well as health and research life-long professionals, any of which with views no per the "mainstream handbook," were loathed, chastised, cancelled, shamed, etc.  🦨

They played a game with moving goal posts, heck even entire stadiums.  Masks, regardless of type of mask or if properly used, being indoors in restaurants and bars and hotels, now statistically <2% sourced for infections versus 50-70% (it varies) from "at home sources" (which is where "they, the informed governance and experts, said to stay, or even required to stay).  All the while focusing policies, financial and health resources erroneously on "cases." 🥜

In the end, meaning to wit regarding the above classic idiotic dogma, they continue; now with "playing with the vaccination priorities" to appease 'future votes.  So invested in executive fiat, they even invoke such harsh regulations, fines and professional penalty risks THAT UNUSED DOSES SIT IN FREEZERS, OR WORSE, IS A PACKAGE IS STARTED SOME ARE SPOILED BY TIME AND THROWN OUT!  

If the death rates and averages per age groups and those with underlying conditions continues while vaccinations are increasing, it will continue to provide conclusive data that are also not vaccinating the right segments of the population; those at risk of death (by age or underlying conditions) and those direct, daily front line medical workers.

Skip the theatrics and open the massive vaccination sites at huge parking lots and go by age in the next round of Phase 1B, and rolled into Phase 2 (plus those with underlying conditions of documented clarity) and use an AGE COUNTDOWN CLOCK.  STOP the BS of teachers (not at risk and possibly at home), healthy <50 public employees, and the CRAP of "deciding who's life and activity is essential."

😲

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Agreed.  Also, the medical community, as well as health and research life-long professionals, any of which with views no per the "mainstream handbook," were loathed, chastised, cancelled, shamed, etc.  🦨

They played a game with moving goal posts, heck even entire stadiums.  Masks, regardless of type of mask or if properly used, being indoors in restaurants and bars and hotels, now statistically <2% sourced for infections versus 50-70% (it varies) from "at home sources" (which is where "they, the informed governance and experts, said to stay, or even required to stay).  All the while focusing policies, financial and health resources erroneously on "cases." 🥜

In the end, meaning to wit regarding the above classic idiotic dogma, they continue; now with "playing with the vaccination priorities" to appease 'future votes.  So invested in executive fiat, they even invoke such harsh regulations, fines and professional penalty risks THAT UNUSED DOSES SIT IN FREEZERS, OR WORSE, IS A PACKAGE IS STARTED SOME ARE SPOILED BY TIME AND THROWN OUT!  

If the death rates and averages per age groups and those with underlying conditions continues while vaccinations are increasing, it will continue to provide conclusive data that are also not vaccinating the right segments of the population; those at risk of death (by age or underlying conditions) and those direct, daily front line medical workers.

Skip the theatrics and open the massive vaccination sites at huge parking lots and go by age in the next round of Phase 1B, and rolled into Phase 2 (plus those with underlying conditions of documented clarity) and use an AGE COUNTDOWN CLOCK.  STOP the BS of teachers (not at risk and possibly at home), healthy <50 public employees, and the CRAP of "deciding who's life and activity is essential."

😲

well said.  After having 5 people in our family (aunts and uncles) die of covid since December 24, all over the age of 80, I agree.  I have the 1st dose, 2nd scheduled to be given in a little over 2 weeks as an RN.  I see no reason to give to "essential workers" over an 80 year old.  Covid as a whole affects over 80 much more than a healthy 31 yr old congresswoman.  Also before I get flamed, Im talking about some of the definitions of an essential worker.  An 80 year old needs it more.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

well said.  After having 5 people in our family (aunts and uncles) die of covid since December 24, all over the age of 80, I agree.  I have the 1st dose, 2nd scheduled to be given in a little over 2 weeks as an RN.  I see no reason to give to "essential workers" over an 80 year old.  Covid as a whole affects over 80 much more than a healthy 31 yr old congresswoman.  Also before I get flamed, Im talking about some of the definitions of an essential worker.  An 80 year old needs it more.

The equation is this.  If the health care worker doesn't get the vaccine before the 80 year old and then gets covid and is off work for 2 weeks how many suffer because they can't be cared for.  Multiply that by many times and there lies the problem.

• Like 3

After trying for hours in other counties, I lucked into vaccination appointments at Publix in Collier County this morning.  We are beyond thrilled.  I was checking NBC-2 for the Lee County phone number to call at noon and stumbled onto the article about doses being released to Publix.  Feel like we won the lottery!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

The equation is this.  If the health care worker doesn't get the vaccine before the 80 year old and then gets covid and is off work for 2 weeks how many suffer because they can't be cared for.  Multiply that by many times and there lies the problem.

absolutely agree.  That was my point.  I had family members who could not get the vaccine over 80, yet a member of congress in her 30s could as an example.  I live in NJ and they are rolling it out pretty fast in my opinion considering we were a week behind other states.  I just received an email from my work that 1/15/21 they were going to start dose #2 for moderna for 1A and dose #1 for 1B is going to start mid February.  Im not sure what other states are doing. 

41 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I know two people in New Jersey getting vaccinated this afternoon that are considered health care workers. On teaches  students online at a community college and some online students are nursing students. The other is working at home and does data analysis for a pharma company. Why should they get a shot before an 80 year old or a 70 year old? They are not front line. Seems to me that they found a work around to skip ahead of their turn.......

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1