If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

You must feel terribly lonely living in NE... with your point of view.  You have jumped into my top 100 of all time posters.  Congratulations.  Friend!

jc

LOL.  😀

It wasn't always like it is and continues transforming into.  In New Hampshire, it's been our moto to "Live Free or Die."  It's beautiful, huge fresh water lakes, mountains, ski slopes, camping; also no sales, income or death taxes (plus state-owned liquor stores 😉). 

That's also the bad news as we've 'attracted so many non-natives, especially in the southern tier of the state abutting MA.  The newbies are generally good people, but they bring their thirst for the same governance of the places they left for the reasons ingrained in such beliefs.  We're really pleased with NH's response to the virus, the selective plans by county based on data, the openness of so many business throughout and even the vaccination Phases that, starting at 1(b) (after the appropriate groups at 1(a) will address age and underlying serious health issues.

So, we've already retired, sold business and still enjoy our summers at our family homes on our biggest lake with three sons' visiting families, now with grandkids, etc. and then head out to cruise in the Fall, hop back and forth across the country for the holidays, and settle into the warmth on the mid-east coast of FL for the Winter (sans this year as we await our vaccine).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Advent Health here in Central Florida taking some heat from the media for prioritizing their own healthcare workers and family over 65. 

I must admit, I got my shot on the coattails of the boss. However, the next two days anyone could get the vaccine if they were willing to wait in line. Any badged employee/consultant could go to the front of the line with family on those two days.  I waited in line that second day for my mom to get vaccinated. 

M8

Some people here in town tried to book appt's at Publix and the site wanted to book them at Publix's over in the Panhandle.  The booking stuff is all in the timing I guess.  You have to be at the right time at the right place once the online system goes up.  A few others are going to our local one which is a mile from my house.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Some people here in town tried to book appt's at Publix and the site wanted to book them at Publix's over in the Panhandle.  The booking stuff is all in the timing I guess.  You have to be at the right time at the right place once the online system goes up.  A few others are going to our local one which is a mile from my house.

The one I posted for Brevard gives you alerts when appointments open up. Might give you a chance to get an appointment in Brevard. 

17 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

No idea what you are talking about.  You post does not make sense.  Of course if you vaccinate older people the figures drop.  I never said it didn't.  My point remains that you also have to vaccinate those staff who are in hospital because if you don't then you run the risk of not having staff.

Your claim of "always a lot of nurses" don't want the vaccine needs proof and a defination of "always" and "a lot"

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/nursing-doubts-about-vaccine

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-31/healthcare-workers-refuse-covid-19-vaccine-access

20-40% refusing

https://www.businessinsider.com/houston-doctor-half-the-nurses-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine-2020-12

See attached - from my friend at a Houston hospital - so many nurses want it they are paying them $500 for being good sports! LOL

My post makes complete sense - the people who fill hospital beds need to be vaccinated first.  Once you bang out a big portion of that population then offer to hospital staff.  Or at same time?!  I'm not disagreeing I'm just saying stop the bleeding first then worry about the other smaller issues.  

IMG_2746.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-31/healthcare-workers-refuse-covid-19-vaccine-access

20-40% refusing

https://www.businessinsider.com/houston-doctor-half-the-nurses-wont-get-covid-19-vaccine-2020-12

See attached - from my friend at a Houston hospital - so many nurses want it they are paying them $500 for being good sports! LOL

My post makes complete sense - the people who fill hospital beds need to be vaccinated first.  Once you bang out a big portion of that population then offer to hospital staff.  Or at same time?!  I'm not disagreeing I'm just saying stop the bleeding first then worry about the other smaller issues.  

IMG_2746.jpeg

I see your evidence.  Two articles are based on someone said something and exactly scientific.  However if they are true then you have a real problem in your country with a lack of trust in science.  I am just glad we don't face the same problems over here.

I can't provide evidence of staff not taking the vaccine here as there isn't deemed to be an issue worth actually investigating.  From my view and its only my experience I don't know a single person who has turned it down and have not been made aware by the people I work with of them knowing anyone other than they have had previous reactions to other vaccines which is a different thing.

I don't think we are disagreeing. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

20-40% refusing

Agreed.

Thanks for links to the articles to support your post.   

Interesting articles, and perspectives from doctors and nurses. 

After reading the links, continued with the WSJ online today and came across an article on NY nursing home deaths rising significantly again to 300 a week for the past three weeks.  I don't know the status of the vaccinations of the patients/residents, but the administrators bemoaned the lack of vaccinations of the staff that rapid testing daily cannot provide a reliable safety net preventing bringing the virus in from the community.

Some nursing note that they have run out of their initial vaccine allotment, which is concerning, especially since there are other categories that simply inappropriately categorized as governance continues push aside the goal of reducing those with "risk of death" versus alternate groups "risk of infection."  

Also, it's not just NY, but other states (I believe MA also has such) as well.  Again, looking to MA announcements reported today, 94,000 doses allocated next in Phase 1 to those that live and work in jails and low-income housing, then 160,0000 residents of low-income housing are being moved up to the top of Phase 2 (this is a theoretical equitability political issue and not based on health risk of death data); again, "risk of infection" and not "risk of death."

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

I see your evidence.  Two articles are based on someone said something and exactly scientific.  However if they are true then you have a real problem in your country with a lack of trust in science.  I am just glad we don't face the same problems over here.

I can't provide evidence of staff not taking the vaccine here as there isn't deemed to be an issue worth actually investigating.  From my view and its only my experience I don't know a single person who has turned it down and have not been made aware by the people I work with of them knowing anyone other than they have had previous reactions to other vaccines which is a different thing.

I don't think we are disagreeing. 

I don't think we are disagreeing either.

People have every right to be weary of this vaccine (might be different if it was killing everyone) as it came together pretty quickly - no reason to judge them.   What if in 5 years all of a sudden you start growing a tail and they say it was because of the vaccine?  Then who is the *****?  I am only kidding as I personally will be taking the Astra or Johnson vax as I will be flying overseas often in the coming years (positive it will be required to fly internationally) 

This country doesn't have a problem with "science" - this country has a problem with people telling us what to do.  Bad look having Bill Gates go on the media blitz telling everyone they have to get vaccinated.  Truth is they don't have any idea if this vax has any long term implications!  It's only been studied for 6-8 months!  Again, I trust science (agnostic here) and I will take the vaccine but don't judge others who have some reservations.

Why take a vaccine when the venerable will be protected and the younger population gets a runny nose?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Agreed.

Thanks for links to the articles to support your post.   

Interesting articles, and perspectives from doctors and nurses. 

After reading the links, continued with the WSJ online today and came across an article on NY nursing home deaths rising significantly again to 300 a week for the past three weeks.  I don't know the status of the vaccinations of the patients/residents, but the administrators bemoaned the lack of vaccinations of the staff that rapid testing daily cannot provide a reliable safety net preventing bringing the virus in from the community.

Some nursing note that they have run out of their initial vaccine allotment, which is concerning, especially since there are other categories that simply inappropriately categorized as governance continues push aside the goal of reducing those with "risk of death" versus alternate groups "risk of infection."  

Also, it's not just NY, but other states (I believe MA also has such) as well.  Again, looking to MA announcements reported today, 94,000 doses allocated next in Phase 1 to those that live and work in jails and low-income housing, then 160,0000 residents of low-income housing are being moved up to the top of Phase 2 (this is a theoretical equitability political issue and not based on health risk of death data); again, "risk of infection" and not "risk of death."

The problem is CVS/Walgreens are the only ones permitted to stick the arms in nursing homes.  Tell me how much sense that makes?  IF we have vaccines let nurses stick em in!!!!

In 2 - 3 months we will be bleeding from the ears with vaccines.  It''ll be ok!

1 minute ago, TheMastodon said:

I don't think we are disagreeing either.

People have every right to be weary of this vaccine (might be different if it was killing everyone) as it came together pretty quickly - no reason to judge them.   What if in 5 years all of a sudden you start growing a tail and they say it was because of the vaccine?  Then who is the *****?  I am only kidding as I personally will be taking the Astra or Johnson vax as I will be flying overseas often in the coming years (positive it will be required to fly internationally) 

This country doesn't have a problem with "science" - this country has a problem with people telling us what to do.  Bad look having Bill Gates go on the media blitz telling everyone they have to get vaccinated.  Truth is they don't have any idea if this vax has any long term implications!  It's only been studied for 6-8 months!  Again, I trust science (agnostic here) and I will take the vaccine but don't judge others who have some reservations.

Why take a vaccine when the venerable will be protected and the younger population gets a runny nose?  

Now we are disagreeing which I will leave at that.

• Like 2

I posted here my cousin  in venice FL wasnt getting the vaccine because he had to remain in the county for the next 4 weeks and several posted he was wrong. He is the kind rarely wrong and kind of a know it all.  I said some from florida doubted him. His reply ...

“We have led efforts to fight COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic. Now, it’s a great privilege to play a leading role in distributing the vaccine and helping our federal, state and community partners protect this vulnerable population and defeat COVID-19,” said David Verinder, president and CEO of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.

To be eligible, you must be at least 65 years old and remain in Sarasota County to receive your second-round shot 28 days after your first vaccination. SMH will schedule a follow-up event to administer a second dose to everyone who receives a vaccination at this weekend’s event.

Chuck Henry, administrator with DOH Sarasota, said “We’re pleased that Sarasota Memorial is offering some of their vaccines to the community and electing to host the clinics at their facility. We’re happy to support them for this weekend’s event.”

20 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

Fun fact - these two vaccines had no participants over the age of 80 in their trials.  I’m sure it’ll be okay tho!

I let the last one pass but not this one.  They equally did not have any left handed 79 year olds with black hair, or gay 64 year old women who think Scobby Doo may be a documentary.   What is your cut off point before you are willing to accept that the vaccine may actually be a good thing?

If you think the vaccine is an unproved thing then fine you believe that but equally don't take it.  It will allow someone else to take the one you could have had.

The only side-effect the vaccine which I had 5 weeks ago caused was as inability to ignore deniers.

Edited by Dinglebert
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Folks from New jersey and Connecticut have been coming to NY for the vaccine.  That will now be ended.

I hadn't addressed the inter-state crossings for the vaccine, rather noting that some states had some prioritizations that are at odds with the 9 months of data for those most at risk of death from the virus.

However, it is a good topic (inter-state crossings).  I can see the issues the southern states have with documented winter population increases (providing to "snowbirds" for example, however, I don't know if the population data that includes the winter population is what was used to allocate the vaccines to the states), but I'm not for the "state-hopping" to get the vaccine as a general principle.

Is there a reason for the NJ/CT inflow to NY for the vaccine?  Are NJ/CT under distributing or way behind? 

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I let the last one pass but not this one.  They equally did not have any left handed 79 year olds with black hair, or gay 64 year old women who think Scobby Doo may be a documentary.   What is your cut off point before you are willing to accept that the vaccine may actually be a good thing?

If you think the vaccine is an unproved thing then fine you believe that but equally don't take it.  It will allow someone else to take the one you could have had.

The only side-effect the vaccine which I had 5 weeks ago caused was as inability to ignore deniers.

You need to calm down and have a glass of Lagavulin.   You are so woke that anyone who thinks different than you is a “denier” or any other label you can come up with.   Sorry, I ask questions and think for myself.  It’s worked so far in life and I don’t plan on changing - even if I trigger some sensitive people along the way.  

1.) I will probably take a vaccine (not one of these first two)

2.) I am not a denier 

3.) They have zero long term studies of safety 

4.) They did not test the vaccine on anyone 80 or older 

5.) Vaccines have the potential to get us out of the pandemic (hopefully) They don’t know long term if we will be reinfected (sure hope not!)

None of this is controversial.

19 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

I hadn't addressed the inter-state crossings for the vaccine, rather noting that some states had some prioritizations that are at odds with the 9 months of data for those most at risk of death from the virus.

However, it is a good topic (inter-state crossings).  I can see the issues the southern states have with documented winter population increases (providing to "snowbirds" for example, however, I don't know if the population data that includes the winter population is what was used to allocate the vaccines to the states), but I'm not for the "state-hopping" to get the vaccine as a general principle.

Is there a reason for the NJ/CT inflow to NY for the vaccine?  Are NJ/CT under distributing or way behind? 

Thanks.

I thought NY was the all inclusive State?  Why would they restrict anyone from crossing State lines for a qualified vaccine?  

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

Fun fact - these two vaccines had no participants over the age of 80 in their trials.  I’m sure it’ll be okay tho!

???

BioNTech shows oldest person to receive the vaccine was 89.  Where are you getting your fake news from?

image.thumb.png.8d64a5e13efac52ef1ca7babb9475f26.png

Edited by UnorigionalName
  • Like 3

I am not an ignorer.  It must be boring living in a world where you only communicate with people who believe what you believe?  It is always amazing what people who claim diversity is everything and then you find out that they actually hate diversity.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1