If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, BND said:

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.  They are doing testing on under 18 currently so, not sure why the UK is going that route.  I won't get too much into the NHS and some of the things I've read on discussion boards in the last couple of years.  Let's just say, my gall bladder removal wasn't an emergency but I was able to get scheduled quickly (less than one month from ultrasound to surgery and only that long because I didn't go right in to see the surgeon).  8 days from seeing the surgeon to surgery.  I saw many, many stories from people in the UK who had to wait on the NHS for up to 18 months for gall bladder removal.  Private was quicker.  So, how many in the UK will travel somewhere to get the shot where it is available, maybe even flying to the US?

But people from UK may not be allowed into certain countries without the vaccine we just don't know so that may not be an option. And you would need to make 2 trips even if you could get it overseas. Could be very expensive.

14 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But people from UK may not be allowed into certain countries without the vaccine we just don't know so that may not be an option. And you would need to make 2 trips even if you could get it overseas. Could be very expensive.

Maybe I should have said "how many would try/want to"?  Point is, at least give people the option.  The NHS and UK Gov making the decision for who can and can't get it is a good example of why Gov shouldn't be in the healthcare business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.

As we speak the vaccine which all being well has not been tested on children therefore legally it cannot be given to them.  If after testing on under 18s all is well it will be rolled out.  Childrens reactions to vaccines can be very different to adults.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BND said:

Maybe I should have said "how many would try/want to"?  Point is, at least give people the option.  The NHS and UK Gov making the decision for who can and can't get it is a good example of why Gov shouldn't be in the healthcare business.

I guess your way is better . You only get it if you can afford to pay. In the UK the jab will be offered to anyone who needs it, free. That is what the NHS does. The budget is set by government as it is a National Heath Service. Free at the point of use. If you want to go private you can, but don't need to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

I also read where no one under 18 will be "allowed" to get it in the UK.  They are doing testing on under 18 currently so, not sure why the UK is going that route.  I won't get too much into the NHS and some of the things I've read on discussion boards in the last couple of years.  Let's just say, my gall bladder removal wasn't an emergency but I was able to get scheduled quickly (less than one month from ultrasound to surgery and only that long because I didn't go right in to see the surgeon).  8 days from seeing the surgeon to surgery.  I saw many, many stories from people in the UK who had to wait on the NHS for up to 18 months for gall bladder removal.  Private was quicker.  So, how many in the UK will travel somewhere to get the shot where it is available, maybe even flying to the US?

I saw a TV interview yesterday with a Doctor who said younger children such as elementary age and possible middle school age group would not be eligible for the vaccine at first.   1.   the vaccine studies were not performed on children  2.  younger children do not seem to get the symptoms that older teenagers and adults get.   

As there are various vaccines manufacturers across the globe and the Oxford vaccine sounds very promising I don't see people from the UK flying to the US to get vaccinated, not even sure we would vaccinate them.   In fact, I read that the Brits may be the first in the world to be vaccinated.   

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I saw a TV interview yesterday with a Doctor who said younger children such as elementary age and possible middle school age group would not be eligible for the vaccine at first.   1.   the vaccine studies were not performed on children  2.  younger children do not seem to get the symptoms that older teenagers and adults get.   

As there are various vaccines manufacturers across the globe and the Oxford vaccine sounds very promising I don't see people from the UK flying to the US to get vaccinated, not even sure we would vaccinate them.   In fact, I read that the Brits may be the first in the world to be vaccinated.   

I thought the Russians were the first lol

As for the children thing, I know it's been tested on kids between about 12 and 18 in the US.  But, to not give it to anyone at all under 18 seems weird.    I know children don't get as sick, but I wasn't talking about 5 year olds, it was about the fact they said under 18.  Also, unvaccinated children can be carriers. 

Article about trials on children:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-trial-kids/index.html

There's also a few articles discussing the fact we can't defeat Covid without vaccinating children too.  

49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I guess your way is better . You only get it if you can afford to pay. In the UK the jab will be offered to anyone who needs it, free. That is what the NHS does. The budget is set by government as it is a National Heath Service. Free at the point of use. If you want to go private you can, but don't need to.

It will be free for anyone in the US who wants it.  By free, of course we all pay taxes for those "free" things, whether you live in the US or in the UK.  Where did you get the idea that us in the US have to pay for the vaccine?  Our tax money is.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

You are confusing the NHS and the UK Gov.  For instance the UK Gov have no bearing at all on what the Scottish NHS do or indeed in Wales or N.I.  The decision is to do the vaccine buy requirement due to  risk of death rather than ability to pay.

Edited by Dinglebert

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I thought the Russians were the first lol

As for the children thing, I know it's been tested on kids between about 12 and 18 in the US.  But, to not give it to anyone at all under 18 seems weird.    I know children don't get as sick, but I wasn't talking about 5 year olds, it was about the fact they said under 18.  Also, unvaccinated children can be carriers. 

Article about trials on children:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer-trial-kids/index.html

There's also a few articles discussing the fact we can't defeat Covid without vaccinating children too.  

The article you quoted is stating that they started only at the end of October to give the vaccine to children aged 12-18.  Therefore they are not going to be in a position to state its effectiveness or safety for some time.

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

You are confusing the NHS and the UK Gov.  For instance the UK Gov have no bearing at all on what the Scottish NHS do or indeed in Wales or N.I.  The decision is to do the vaccine but requirement rather than ability to pay.

Ability to pay has no bearing in the US.  You are confused.  It's been announced that anyone who wants it will get it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

The article you quoted is stating that they started only at the end of October to give the vaccine to children aged 12-18.  Therefore they are not going to be in a position to state its effectiveness or safety for some time.

I know what the article said.  You said no trials were being done on kids which isn't true. Also, that isn't really the point since the UK didn't say kids would get it once trials are done either.  They said kids wouldn't be getting it.  

You also said UK would get it for free and us in the US wouldn't, which is not true.

Edited by BND

9 minutes ago, BND said:

I know what the article said.  You said no trials were being done on kids which isn't true. Also, that isn't really the point since the UK didn't say kids would get it once trials are done either.  They said kids wouldn't be getting it.  

You also said UK would get it for free and us in the US wouldn't, which is not true.

I didn't say half the things you are stating.  I said no trails had been done on children.  That is true.  They are underway they have not been done.  The UK also didn't say children would not be getting it after the trials.  They just said they were not part of the first rollout which makes perfect sense as the risk to children from Covid is minimal.  I have no concept of who pays and doesn't in the states, I don't live there and don't frankly care.  I believe that the vaccine needs to be given on the basis of risk to the person getting it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Wrong

The part about describing rollout with an exploding head emoji in the article below ...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/health/pfizer-vaccine-distribution-cold-chain/?hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Guess some of the posters’ earlier comments about logistical difficulties with the Pfizer vaccine were on target.

Edited by docruth

On 9/21/2020 at 10:58 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree. It’s sad the amount of deaths in NY long term care facilities. Very sad. Those deaths could have been prevented had CV patients not been sent to those facilities. 

M8

I heard that the patients who were sent back to nursing homes were recovered from Covid and no longer contagious. No???

On 10/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, Longstockingpippi1 said:

If they require it to cruise it’s not voluntary. Unlike a mask a vaccine could wreck havoc with your body. If they require it after I’ve already booked my cruise I would expect a full refund. Since they have changed the passage rules.

It most certainly is voluntary to cruise or not and that is totally on the customer. It comes down to......their ship, their rules. Don't like it? Don't cruise. Sorry to be so blunt to all you anti-vaxxers.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:46 AM, ljason913 said:

i don't want to be the first guinea pig.i will wait a bit than decide to get the vaccine if its safe.to much rushing at the moment and political propaganda and agenda.

From where I sit, the "first guinea pigs" are the generous folks who are in the trials. They are the heroes and I thank every single one of them for taking the risk for all of us. It is because of these heroes that I will feel very confident to be vaccinated when the vaccine is available to me. Sign me up!

• Like 7

On 10/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, ljason913 said:

yeah but u dont know the long term effects yet its so new

We don't know all the long term effects of having contracted Covid either. I'll take my chances with a vaccine so I don't have to find out what is in store for me if I contract Covid.

• Like 5

On 10/15/2020 at 7:26 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just read a few articles. Demand for the common Flu Vaccine is up 15% over previous years. Many ordered the vaccine quantities back before COVID19 Pandemic. Some areas are having shortages. Especially those areas of higher populations. I read some shortages in and around Miami area. 

M8

I believe the claim about the demand. My very first flu vaccination was this year and I'm 70. Hubby made me do it!

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, Mapleleafforever said:

Looks like a volunteer in the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine phase 3 trial has died in Brazil. More to come I'm sure.....

This is old news by the time I'm reading this and replying. It is now known the trial volunteer did not receive the vaccine in the trial. He received the placebo.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ace2542 said:

There has been some talk that younger people in the under 50s groups may not be able to get it AT ALL. So if the vaccine is needed to enter the USA and I suspect it will be that stance could create serious problems.

I'm not understanding by any age group would not be eligible for vaccination. How can we achieve herd immunity if a large part of the population will not be inoculated?