If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, mek said:

Probably because she died in 1995.  Sheesh - was just making a point that I wouldn't hesitate having someone close to me get the vaccine

Sorry for the confusion

The "mum test" is an exercise about making decisions for others not yourself.

In the UK care home inspectors are asked when checking on a facility even if it meets legal standards on paper would you want to send your loved ones there? If the answer is no the facility fails.

Given the information we have now I would not make the decision to have my loved ones vaccinated

It's just a thought exercise to look at actions and consequences when making decisions for others.

7 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

Sorry for the confusion

The "mum test" is an exercise about making decisions for others not yourself.

In the UK care home inspectors are asked when checking on a facility even if it meets legal standards on paper would you want to send your loved ones there? If the answer is no the facility fails.

Given the information we have now I would not make the decision to have my loved ones vaccinated

It's just a thought exercise to look at actions and consequences when making decisions for others.

NP -  So much doom and gloom these days - it's fun just to lighten up and kid around which is what I was doing.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

This has probably been posted, but Quantas’ CEO said they plan to require a vaccine to fly. I assume he means international flights. 

Yup they mean international flights I don't think Qantas do internal flights. It is unclear how much of that is the Australian Government sending that message down the pipe or how much of that is the airline itself for a business practice. But it clearly draws a line in the sand as the old saying goes. I suspect most of the airlines will follow suit. Stands to reason cruise lines will as well.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:51 AM, ace2542 said:

Yup they mean international flights I don't think Qantas do internal flights. It is unclear how much of that is the Australian Government sending that message down the pipe or how much of that is the airline itself for a business practice. But it clearly draws a line in the sand as the old saying goes. I suspect most of the airlines will follow suit. Stands to reason cruise lines will as well.

Qantas 100% do internal flights, just like United do in the USA. The CEO was saying that his talks with other airline executives suggested this was a one in all in approach. No jab no fly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Qantas 100% do internal flights, just like United do in the USA. The CEO was saying that his talks with other airline executives suggested this was a one in all in approach. No jab no fly.

I have never been to Australia too many  creepy crawlies for my like. And that is a good approach, probably the only approach.

9 hours ago, bretts173 said:

Qantas 100% do internal flights, just like United do in the USA. 

I was just going to post the same.  My DH has flown to Australia for work as a Gov contractor.  He is required to fly on US airlines unless none are available.  He flies from the states on United, but once inside AUS, he flies on Qantas.  

On 11/15/2020 at 1:52 AM, nomad098 said:

Watching Matt Hancock the Health Secretary squirm and avoid answering the question when asked if he would take the vaccine first on Question Time, was not exactly a confidence boost.

Perhaps his " squirm" was trying to avoid answering a silly question without being rude. Can you imagine the squirms of delight in some eyes if he answered. Yes  , I'll have it before the rest of the punters  .

On 11/15/2020 at 4:54 PM, mek said:

NP -  So much doom and gloom these days - it's fun just to lighten up and kid around which is what I was doing.

Look on the bright side. There are so many anti vaxxer a that we will have folk queuing up to jab us and cruise deals blocking up our inboxes.😁

On 7/22/2020 at 8:41 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Hell to the NO, I will gladly take a full refund for our next cruise though as this stipulation wasn't in place at time of our booking. 

I am nowhere near an anti vaxxer and in fact both our kids as well as my wife and I are fully vaccinated. We never get flu shots though as we prefer to keep ourselves healthy and let our immune systems do what they're supposed to do. 

Vaccines generally take quite some time to develop and our family refuses to be guinea pigs for a rushed vaccine. For those wanting to be first in line for said rushed vaccine you might want to look up what happened in 1976 with the swine flu vaccine. 

Oh, and in case you get the rushed vaccine and god forbid something bad does happen you have no right for any legal recourse against the vaccine maker. 

Your best defense is to do your best to maintain a healthy weight, eat right, and exercise. 

Are they going to offer a full refund?  I was curious about this as well.  If we decide we don't want to do this since it wasn't a requirement when we booked, will we be able to get our money back?  I also want my money back if I am only allowed to get off the ship if I am going on one of THEIR excursions.  I'd like to know how that is going to be handled.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bia said:

I feel the same way.  Can not wait till I can throw away these masks.   If you have to ask why you are happy keep wearing one.

A mask, in public, is now part of my daily attire. I plan to keep wearing a mask even after a vaccine is available. I'm not "happy" to wear one. I'm happy to protect my health.

14 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

Are they going to offer a full refund?  I was curious about this as well.  If we decide we don't want to do this since it wasn't a requirement when we booked, will we be able to get our money back?  I also want my money back if I am only allowed to get off the ship if I am going on one of THEIR excursions.  I'd like to know how that is going to be handled.  

Since neither of those has happened or is even planned on we don’t know how Royal will handle it.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since neither of those has happened or is even planned on we don’t know how Royal will handle it.

I had an airline credit from the canceled trip in July.  I rebooked the same cruise (Empress which rumor has it, she's getting scrapped)  for July 2021, and now I have to make a decision about these flights by the end of December.   I'd really like to have some answers.  I have a feeling I won't be going on a cruise, and I'll have flights to NJ booked.  I guess I need to make a plan B for spending 8 days in NJ.  Ugh  I wish Royal would just offer a full refund since they don't seem to know what they are doing and most people need don't make all of their vacation arrangements at the last minute. 

1 minute ago, travelinmoma said:

I had an airline credit from the canceled trip in July.  I rebooked the same cruise (Empress which rumor has it, she's getting scrapped)  for July 2021, and now I have to make a decision about these flights by the end of December.   I'd really like to have some answers.  I have a feeling I won't be going on a cruise, and I'll have flights to NJ booked.  I guess I need to make a plan B for spending 8 days in NJ.  Ugh  I wish Royal would just offer a full refund since they don't seem to know what they are doing and most people need don't make all of their vacation arrangements at the last minute. 

My guess, and it’s only a guess is that the refund/cancellation policy will not change from what it is now.  Refund option if Royal cancels, FCC if the guest cancels. 

On 11/23/2020 at 4:35 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

This has probably been posted, but Quantas’ CEO said they plan to require a vaccine to fly. I assume he means international flights. 

The quote was actually that once vaccines are available that the CEO thought that Quantas and others would require proof of vaccination would be required. We are a long, long way from having sufficient vaccines for the international population. 

• Like 1

I saw where Ford bought refrigerated units and a bunch of vaccine doses to vaccinate their own employees. I wonder how many other companies will do this to get their employees vaccinated faster than the general public. It's almost like jumping the line so their employees are first.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I saw where Ford bought refrigerated units and a bunch of vaccine doses to vaccinate their own employees. I wonder how many other companies will do this to get their employees vaccinated faster than the general public. It's almost like jumping the line so their employees are first.

I wonder if the TV companies have done this already or enrolled the main cast members in vaccine trials but spread a bit of money about to ensure they get the vaccine not the placebo. I have noticed half the cast of SVU are not wearing masks or only wearing them in hospital or public settings at least and there is not a mask in the sight on the blacklist.

Since children were not part of the initial test groups (some teenagers were), the CDC has said that vaccinations for them will likely not be available until 2022.  So, wearing a mask and the other safety protocols will probably be required for a long time.

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Since children were not part of the initial test groups (some teenagers were), the CDC has said that vaccinations for them will likely not be available until 2022.  So, wearing a mask and the other safety protocols will probably be required for a long time.

12 and up were included in the study so they should be able to get the vaccine.

As for mask wearing who knows.  I do suspect that they will be needed in some places, such as visits to long term care to protect the residents. 

On 11/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, ace2542 said:

I wonder if the TV companies have done this already or enrolled the main cast members in vaccine trials but spread a bit of money about to ensure they get the vaccine not the placebo. I have noticed half the cast of SVU are not wearing masks or only wearing them in hospital or public settings at least and there is not a mask in the sight on the blacklist.

Their return to work agreement is below. Actors are confined to bubbles and/or tested at least 3 times a week and are obligated to follow certain protocols on and off set. That bein said, actors are currently included as "essential workers" in light of Gov. Newsom's stay-at-home order, which my be eliminated if COVID spikes further in California, shutting down CA-based productions. 

https://www.sagaftra.org/files/sa_documents/ReturnToWorkAgreement_wAMPTP.pdf

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Their return to work agreement is below. Actors are confined to bubbles and/or tested at least 3 times a week and are obligated to follow certain protocols on and off set. That bein said, actors are currently included as "essential workers" in light of Gov. Newsom's stay-at-home order, which my be eliminated if COVID spikes further in California, shutting down CA-based productions. 

https://www.sagaftra.org/files/sa_documents/ReturnToWorkAgreement_wAMPTP.pdf

SVU and Blacklist film in NYC.

I may have already.  I am participating in Phase III vaccine clinical trial for Moderna vaccine.  I don't know if I got the real deal or the placebo.  They will not let me know until the conclusion of my trial cohort.  I got moderate site pain and very mild body aches with the first (August), and basically no side effects from the second (October).  Still going to clinic for blood draws.  So, if I got the real deal, I am all set.  If not, I am in healthcare and in the group who are scheduled to get it in the first rounds.  No, I don't think I was also injected with micro chip or RF antenna as my cell phone reception still stinks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4