If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

8 hours ago, time4u2go said:

No.  The number of people that contract the disease will go way down.  Do you really not know/understand this?  I figured it was pretty much common sense.

The figures will go way down because both the US an UK will reach so called herd immunity by about april with a combo of vaccines and previously infected persons retaining antibodies for a period of time. With this new strain in UK it could happen very quickly and the vaccine rollout is moving and will pick up the pace when the Astra is approved and is the only game on town for UK so it will be approved.

18 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Not sure I don't live there.   I know they pay a lot of $$$ to live there and it doesn't seem their overlords spend their tax dollars well.  Crime is up, that is indisputable.  So I wouldn't blame them to move out to the burbs. 

I enjoy visiting NYC for business, its a very magical place.  Would never want to live there though!  

We sold our house here in Florida to a gentleman from NY. Our house was on the market for only 10 days. 

M8

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The figures will go way down because both the US an UK will reach so called herd immunity by about april with a combo of vaccines and previously infected persons retaining antibodies for a period of time. With this new strain in UK it could happen very quickly and the vaccine rollout is moving and will pick up the pace when the Astra is approved and is the only game on town for UK so it will be approved.

Heard immunity not happening by April. No one really knows how long the vaccine will last and if/when a second/annual vaccine will be required. Until such time, heard immunity will not occur. 

It may also be possible that those with the vaccine may still pass on the virus (infect) to others (non vaccinated). 

M8

47 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It may also be possible that those with the vaccine may still pass on the virus (infect) to others (non vaccinated)

If the unvaccinated don't have antibodies from previous infection they may be able to get it. The Astra Zeneca for it's faults in percentage effectiveness does apparently assist with prevention of transmission and that vaccine will likely be the mainstay UK vaccine.

I think the plan for all this is so called first run of the vaccine if we can all it offered to everyone at least with the understanding that most people in the so called at risk groups will take it. And then I think moving forward the so called at risks groupings getting annual boosters if needed with the none at risks having option for annual booster/take up of vaccine on yearly basis if that booster is needed.

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Heard immunity not happening by April. No one really knows how long the vaccine will last and if/when a second/annual vaccine will be required. Until such time, heard immunity will not occur. 

It may also be possible that those with the vaccine may still pass on the virus (infect) to others (non vaccinated). 

M8

1091632613_ScreenShot2020-12-11at12_32_53PM.thumb.png.9a4bbff2fe42de97290505fad26545f2.png

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, julesbeara said:

Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

In UK I personally know of one who works in front line health care. As of yesterday we had vaccinated over half a million. Think our first tranche of Pfizer vaccine will be 800,000 delivered by end December. Hopefully the other leading vaccines will be green lighted soon by our regulators 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, julesbeara said:

Has anyone gotten the vaccine?

I had an appt at my orthopedic surgeon this morning (good news, no surgery for my knee. it will just take more time and PT) and he got his first shot yesterday.  Everyone with hospital affiliation (hospital ID) is getting the first shot this week.  His staff, however has to wait and get it through their medical group.   One of my MIL's aides is a L&D RN and is getting hers today.  They will be starting 75 and older and other front line workers in the next couple of weeks.  

Just had a notification from our GP network that vaccinations in our smallish town will start for over 80s first week in January. A close friend has been involved in the arrangements for all this. They asked for volunteers to help with the process- needed 150 and had 500 in the first day. It will take place in our local public halls which will be deep cleaned over Christmas.  We can only hope the New Year brings more positive news

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of people in the medical field or not to keen on taking the vaccine, at least for now.

Many employees at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., have reservations about taking the COVID-19 vaccine, only about 600 of the hospital's 1,900 employees had signed up for the shots, according to Kaiser Health News. 

At Doctors Hospital at Renaissance in Edinburg, Texas, so many workers declined the COVID-19 vaccine that the hospital offered doses to other medical workers in the region, according to ProPublica.

This quote was also in there.

About 35 percent of Black Americans said they probably or definitely would not get the vaccine if it was determined to be safe by scientists and widely available for free.

If cruise lines are going to require a vaccination to board they may need to start selling more ships.

I'm curious how the cruises will handle those who do not get the vaccine if it is mandatory to have when you cruise. We booked our cruise for June 2021 back in August 2020. I'm not anti vaccine but we will be waiting before we get it to see how it works. We are at the end of the line since we are young, healthy, no front line / essential workers, and our kids are not high risk. I think when I took the poll of when we would be able to get it, we were behind 243 mil - about 1 year away from being getting it. 

If our cruise happens in June and the vaccine is mandatory, do you think RCL will refund us or those who refuse the vaccine since it wasn't a requirement when we booked?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Sounds like a lot of people in the medical field or not to keen on taking the vaccine, at least for now.

Many employees at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., have reservations about taking the COVID-19 vaccine, only about 600 of the hospital's 1,900 employees had signed up for the shots, according to Kaiser Health News. 

At Doctors Hospital at Renaissance in Edinburg, Texas, so many workers declined the COVID-19 vaccine that the hospital offered doses to other medical workers in the region, according to ProPublica.

About 35 percent of Black Americans said they probably or definitely would not get the vaccine if it was determined to be safe by scientists and widely available for free.

If cruise lines are going to require a vaccination to board they may need to start selling more ships.

Though we have a lot of discussion about the pros and cons it seems like a good many people at my hospital are on board with it. Vaccinations started being offered last Saturday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Absolutely not my experience in the UK where hospital staff are absolutely taking it, including me.  Had the first one next one in a fortnight.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

There's a reason why African-Americans and other minorities are fearful of the vaccine.

Most White Americans don't want to hear about the Tuskegee Experiment in which hundreds of African-American men suffering from syphilis were recruited for free medical treatment in Alabama.  In truth, they were not treated but given placebos rather than the penicillin which could have saved their lives.

Why?

"In order to track the disease’s full progression, researchers provided no effective care as the men died, went blind or insane or experienced other severe health problems due to their untreated syphilis."

This is ingrained in Black history and culture.  No wonder there's skepticism.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, yogimax said:

There's a reason why African-Americans and other minorities are fearful of the vaccine.

Most White Americans don't want to hear about the Tuskegee Experiment in which hundreds of African-American men suffering from syphilis were recruited for free medical treatment in Alabama.  In truth, they were not treated but given placebos rather than the penicillin which could have saved their lives.

Why?

"In order to track the disease’s full progression, researchers provided no effective care as the men died, went blind or insane or experienced other severe health problems due to their untreated syphilis."

This is ingrained in Black history and culture.  No wonder there's skepticism.

That was awful.

Living in the UK I never heard about this until you posted yogimax.

• Like 1

Just received my first dose of Moderna this morning. 28 more days till shot #2. Our hospital, although not super large, is performing around 800 injections per day. Hope it's the same all around the US. Stay healthy my friends. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Just received my first dose of Moderna this morning. 28 more days till shot #2. Our hospital, although not super large, is performing around 800 injections per day. Hope it's the same all around the US. Stay healthy my friends. 

We have our first shot scheduled for January 15.  We are healthy but have a 91 year father (who will also be getting the shot) so anything that keeps him healthier is good to us. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That was awful.

Living in the UK I never heard about this until you posted yogimax.

He should've mentioned that it took place in 1932 !!  

• Like 1

I would be happy to receive the vaccine any day, regardless of cruising or not. Too bad my government hasn't signed any contract, so we will not have any vaccine any time soon. I have to scheduled cruises next year which I'll most likely need to cancel because of this. Hopefully I can either get a vaccine in some other country or, by some miracle, in mine.