A very interesting read...

10 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Sounds as if it's gonna be one long pause.......2022 anyone?

Quite possibly, although I still believe if a vaccine becomes available some ships will be sailing by summer 2021.  What I don't really understand is why people continue to book cruises that almost certainly won't be sailing.

I have better things to do with my money than play that game especially when the longer they don't sail the more in jeopardy the business becomes.

I have a L&S  from Nov 2020 to Nov 2021 with a NR deposit, so I basically have nothing to lose at this point with that one, but I can't imagine having thousands of dollars tied up in future cruising since C19 started.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds like the cruise lines still haven’t addressed the issues the CDC says they need to address. More or less ignored. 

M8

Sounds like we are here to stay forevery talking about cruisng rather than cruisng ourselves. It makes me angry that its taking so long. I mean what else has to happen for them to realize that there is nothing really they can do about it? I mean, just apply all the limitations and security measure but start cruising! The longer they wait the situation just gets worst and worst 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Sounds like we are here to stay forevery talking about cruisng rather than cruisng ourselves. It makes me angry that its taking so long. I mean what else has to happen for them to realize that there is nothing really they can do about it? I mean, just apply all the limitations and security measure but start cruising! The longer they wait the situation just gets worst and worst 

The governor of Florida was just on TV discussing the possibility of issuing a stay at home order and you think cruises should just start up again?  LOL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mek said:

Quite possibly, although I still believe if a vaccine becomes available some ships will be sailing by summer 2021.  What I don't really understand is why people continue to book cruises that almost certainly won't be sailing.

I have better things to do with my money than play that game especially when the longer they don't sail the more in jeopardy the business becomes.

I have a L&S  from Nov 2020 to Nov 2021 with a NR deposit, so I basically have nothing to lose at this point with that one, but I can't imagine having thousands of dollars tied up in future cruising since C19 started.

There is growing consensus that vaccines may not even be needed as it's possible that over 80% of the world population already has immunity to Covid-19. You'll never hear this from the MSM though. 

Based on numbers in the US I believe that it's inevitable that businesses and cruises will be able to open again in 2021. If they're not allowed to open there will be major lawsuits filed to recoup lost revenue. Maybe that's why the cruise lines are being so patient and still accepting bookings?

It's also entirely possible that they won't allow at risk people to cruise......

All just theories at the moment. 

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-covid-deaths-us-age-race-14863

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

How would you suggest addressing an outbreak on a ship?  

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

There is growing consensus that vaccines may not even be needed as it's possible that over 80% of the world population already has immunity to Covid-19. You'll never hear this from the MSM though. 

Based on numbers in the US I believe that it's inevitable that businesses and cruises will be able to open again in 2021. If they're not allowed to open there will be major lawsuits filed to recoup lost revenue. Maybe that's why the cruise lines are being so patient and still accepting bookings?

It's also entirely possible that they won't allow at risk people to cruise......

Fingers crossed this is the situation.

Sweden and NY seem to back this up

2 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Edited by Yoshikitty

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

How would you suggest addressing an outbreak on a ship?  

Bingo. This is the billion dollar question. The one the CDC cares about the most. And as far as I know, one that none of the major lines have an answer for. 

2 minutes ago, Yoshikitty said:

You are certainly reading too much on social media....

growing consensus....

Nah, I do have friends I trust in the medical field though. 

Kool-aid is delicious but it will rot your teeth and contribute to obesity and diabetes.......

1 minute ago, zekekelso said:

Bingo. This is the billion dollar question. The one the CDC cares about the most. And as far as I know, one that none of the major lines have an answer for. 

Yep - this is unfortunately why the cruise industry is screwed until this thing goes away.  

Think about an Oasis ship - 5800sh guests, 2000ish crew members.  One person gets sick middle of the cruise - you would have to quarantine everyone and then test everyone (staff included).  It just doesn't work.   

Roger88 might have the answer tho.   

6 minutes ago, Yoshikitty said:

You are certainly reading too much on social media....

growing consensus....

....... lots of medical journals about this topic .....  www.google.com ........

..... maybe you watch too much Corona News Network ......

If I’m, say, a bar I might go with “eventually they have to let us reopen, even if the pandemic doesn’t go away.” 

If I’m, say, a Liberian based corporation sailing non-US flagged ships with non-US workers... I wouldn’t count on it.