Name for new ship coming in 2022

tidecat

What do you think the name of Mardi Gras' sister ship will be? The ship is due November 2022 and will be homeported at PortMiami.

I personally think we'll get another throwback name, probably Festivale or Tropicale. I have a hard time seeing Carnivale being used again due to its similarity with all of the other ship names having the "Carnival" prefix.

37 minutes ago, Cruisertoday said:

The definition of Jubilee per Oxford Dictionary is 
“a special anniversary of an event, especially one celebrating twenty-five or fifty years of a reign or activity.”

This would make the most sense.

I like Jubilee. 

Will it have the "Carnival" before it like all the other ships?  Or will it be like the Mardi Gras and just called whatever its name is like the Mardi Gras?

Edited by naxer

3 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

Fat Tuesday?

Good answer, but they can't use that name. There's a restaurant chain by that name. Curiously enough, there's one at Puerta Maya in Cozumel, and another at Mahogany Bay. It's a neat place. We've been to the one in Cozumel. 

How about The Searcher, as in, let’s search for a date to get back to cruising please. Seriously though you guys are probably more correct in the name of Jubilee or Carnivale. Something to do with their 50th anniversary I’m sure.

5 minutes ago, cjknox said:

Festivale or Tropicale

Carnivale will be skipped because it will be known as the "Carnival Carnivale" and that would be very confusing.

It would just be called Carnivale, like how the current or soon to be Mardi Gras isnt called Carnival Mardi Gras and I don’t think it’s known as it. 

• Like 1