Ready to cruise again

geckoaz

3 hours ago, drsel said:

So when you think is the right time to start sailing?
After we get a vaccine?

I think that it will be about 6 months after there is an effective vaccine, so I'm looking at late 3rd qtr 2021. All I have to base this on is a gut feeling.

5 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

There's no reason not to plan...but "the best laid plans of mice & men often go awry".

The problem with cruise planning is when final payment is due. I do not want any money tied up with any cruise line right now. Plan all you want just don't spend any moeny that you can't get back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zqvol said:

The problem with cruise planning is when final payment is due. I do not want any money tied up with any cruise line right now. Plan all you want just don't spend any moeny that you can't get back.

Yeah....I hear you.  I'm expecting to roll my Sept 2021 cruise to sometime in 2022.  I look at it this way.....when it's safe to sail and the ships start sailing....the prices will skyrocket.  Risk vs Reward. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Yeah....I hear you.  I'm expecting to roll my Sept 2021 cruise to sometime in 2022.  I look at it this way.....when it's safe to sail and the ships start sailing....the prices will skyrocket.  Risk vs Reward. 

My thought is that they may try to raise the prices, but cruises are going to be a hard sell, and prices are going to be lower than they have been in years.

So we just got back from the Dominican last night. We booked our trip there back at the end of April when our cruise was cancelled. It was much needed and made me miss cruising even more. Hopefully we'll be able to sail in May. If not, we'll just fly back to the Caribbean and keep enjoying ourselfs on the islands until cruises resume. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zqvol said:

My thought is that they may try to raise the prices, but cruises are going to be a hard sell, and prices are going to be lower than they have been in years.

This would really depend on "the situation" at the time.  IF there is a vaccine and IF there is a treatment, I think people would be ready.  And IF there is nothing...the ships won't be sailing.

Using "baseball as a barometer" I don't think anyone should be packing their bags for a long time.

• Like 1

We booked a cruise on the Mardi Gras for Feb 20, 2021 right when they first started taking bookings on her.  Normally we would be counting the days down by now.  At this point, this will be her third cruise. 

We have only paid for a reduced deposit and one payment of $500 to get the AMEX $100 off offer.  final payment is due in November.  We have already figured that the cruise won't happen.  At this point, we are looking at just waiting to see if it gets cancelled.  If it does, we'll just take a refund.  Can't see them keeping our money not knowing if and when cruising will start again.

Like most everyone else on these Boards, I have cruises that have been booked, cancelled and re-booked.  Right now I have a BTB schedule October 10 on the Breeze out of FLL.  I also have one in Feb 2021 on RCCL, one in May 2021 on MSC, and another Carnival cruise in July 2021.  

Right now Carnival says my October cruise is a go.  Some family members say I am crazy to cruise even if my cruise is not cancelled.  So my question is this:  For those who have a cruise booked that is still a "go"...will you get on the ship?  Even if you have to wear a mask, stay socially distant, and be served at the buffet cafeteria-style?

• Like 1

We already decided before we made final payment that even in the unlikely event the cruise we had booked for October did sail, we would not be comfortable going.

So we called Carnival and had our booking moved out a year to Oct 2021.  We did not want to be in the position to have Carnival have the funds for the cruise, have it not be cancelled and then not go.

• Like 1

My daughter and I are booked for October 24.  This cruise has been paid in full for a while since it is a rebooking of our cancelled March cruise.

We decided just yesterday to cancel if Carnival doesn't do so in a couple of weeks.  We're now just trying to find future dates that will work for both of us and January/February 2022 seems to be the most likely.

12 minutes ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

Like most everyone else on these Boards, I have cruises that have been booked, cancelled and re-booked.  Right now I have a BTB schedule October 10 on the Breeze out of FLL.  I also have one in Feb 2021 on RCCL, one in May 2021 on MSC, and another Carnival cruise in July 2021.  

Right now Carnival says my October cruise is a go.  Some family members say I am crazy to cruise even if my cruise is not cancelled.  So my question is this:  For those who have a cruise booked that is still a "go"...will you get on the ship?  Even if you have to wear a mask, stay socially distant, and be served at the buffet cafeteria-style?

yes   i am excited to get back to cruise!!

Idk, things here in texas worse than when I booked. Idk if I can move it out or if I'll ask for a refund. I'm getting tired of the switcheroo ccl and rcl doing. I was looking at rebooking oct or Nov 2021 radiance and it was a partial Panama transit. Now it's the dream for at least $400 more and no partial lock transit.

Rcl I booked jewel, changed now to liberty b2b next feb. Moved my one liberty cruise to dec 2021. And my allure for march 2022 was switched to liberty... and the feb b2b first leg and most of 2nd is paid for by fcc.  Now I went from 3 ships to 1 on rcl and probably if I booked radiance I guess I'd be cancelled, not sure what was offered.

I seem to be in the minority and tired of booking something ... even far out and its changed. If I had booked radiance, I dont think I would even have gotten price protection to move to dream fall 2021.

I'm kinda to the point of sitting on my hands waiting for things to play out. Next booking is oct 4th freedom out of Galveston. Which if it goes I'd probably go but wear a mask.

I plan on taking a vacation somewhere beginning 10/31. Previously, I have been dead set against sailing that soon, even though I doubt anyone will be by then. Now I'm starting to think if the ship sails I'll be on it. I've come to the conclusion that I have just as much a chance of catching Covid vacationing anywhere else and at least my cruise is much cheaper than any land vacation I book, so why not. I still don't think Carnival will be ready by then though.

40 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

We already decided before we made final payment that even in the unlikely event the cruise we had booked for October did sail, we would not be comfortable going.

So we called Carnival and had our booking moved out a year to Oct 2021.  We did not want to be in the position to have Carnival have the funds for the cruise, have it not be cancelled and then not go.

Are you on the BNB?  We didn't book that one for 2021, and now I'm kind of glad we didn't - I don't know if I'd go even if it is still sailing.  😞

We have gone to Sunny Rest the last 2 weekends, though, that's been kind of nice - everyone doing well with social distancing (except in the pool) and wearing masks, but the amount of people there has been significantly down.

Edited by Jobeth66

20 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

Are you on the BNB?  We didn't book that one for 2021, and now I'm kind of glad we didn't - I don't know if I'd go even if it is still sailing.  😞

We have gone to Sunny Rest the last 2 weekends, though, that's been kind of nice - everyone doing well with social distancing (except in the pool) and wearing masks, but the amount of people there has been significantly down.

We did not, mostly because I couldn't manage 2+ weeks away from work that time of year.  If it had been 7 to 10 days we likely would have booked and now regret it.  We do have a "Textile" cruise scheduled for Jan 16 on Celebrity out of San Juan, but we will decide on that at final payment time.

We have been at SRR too, as we have a place there, wish I had know you guys were there, we could have got together for dinner on our deck.  If you make it there again this summer stop by B25 and see if we are there.  We are there most weekends, except when there is stuff to do at home!  (Had a couple of tree issues we had to deal witjh a few weekends!)  You are right about the pool, it is crazy there, we have avoided it.

1 minute ago, K&RCurt said:

We did not, mostly because I couldn't manage 2+ weeks away from work that time of year.  If it had been 7 to 10 days we likely would have booked and now regret it.  We do have a "Textile" cruise scheduled for Jan 16 on Celebrity out of San Juan, but we will decide on that at final payment time.

We have been at SRR too, as we have a place there, wish I had know you guys were there, we could have got together for dinner on our deck.  If you make it there again this summer stop by B25 and see if we are there.  We are there most weekends, except when there is stuff to do at home!  (Had a couple of tree issues we had to deal witjh a few weekends!)  You are right about the pool, it is crazy there, we have avoided it.

I get the work thing - for us, we had booked a textile Alaska cruisetour on NCL that was going to be 3 weeks out of work this June/July - no way I could do that and then do 2 weeks in February, my team would have mutinied for sure.  🙂  But yeah, I'm really glad it worked out the way it did.  

I'll let you know about SRR!  We might be going up Sunday for the day but it's hard to say, the weather is not looking promising.

I DO like the new hot tub, for all that it stole "my" hill space - I always got there early and parked up on the hill.  🙂   Sad about Irv's, but it'll be interesting to see how they rebuild it.

• Like 1

I just put a deposit on a Carnival March 13th 2021 cruise.  I am hoping that was far enough out to be OK.

After reading so posts here I am wondering if that is even far enough away now.  Final payment is Dec so I will wait it out for now. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1