Empress of The Seas

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

About it being cheaper than living on land?

Some really seem to believe it and there are sure some experts that fully think the plan through by renting out their condo durin the time they are on board for a longer time etc.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, Biker19 said:

Maybe the layup is planned for several months and they are getting a better deal on resupply in this area. 

100% this ☝️☝️☝️☝️

That's why she's in Greece. 

Also why there's a lot of ships in Curacao, around the English Channel, and Singapore amongst others. 

4 hours ago, PaulS said:

I have been clicking on this topic because I am interested in the fate of the Empress. Please try to stay on topic. People who want to discuss carbon emissions and Pinnacle booking patterns should start new threads and not hijack these informative threads.

Thanks

Ditto!

On topic:  I wish RC would either !#*& or get off the pot about Empress.  I just made the first of final payments on 3 B2Bs from November 22 - December 12.  Nothing to Lift & Shift to since I booked solo OVs, and I don't want FCC at this point if cancelled by RC (or for any reason) because solo cabins on anything I'm interested in in 2021 are booked through 2021, and I'm not willing to pay more (got a hell of a deal on these three).  If Empress goes, I don't know when I'll book another Royal cruise (and I would have turned Diamond on the first of these B2Bs).   😒  JMHO

Edited by NuisanceLuke
Clarification (I hope. . .)

1 hour ago, GregD said:

100% this ☝️☝️☝️☝️

That's why she's in Greece. 

Also why there's a lot of ships in Curacao, around the English Channel, and Singapore amongst others. 

You have two ships of X also in Greece. so s is not alone there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

Wasn't Singapore one of few ports in Asia that let crew disembark?

They were closed originally but in June were one of the first to allow full crew changes with a strict set of rules and requirements.

4 hours ago, NuisanceLuke said:

On topic:  November 22 - December 12.  Nothing to Lift & Shift to since I booked solo OVs, 

I'm also booked in one of the "Solo Ocean View" cabins on Empress for the Nov. 14 sailing on Empress. The website offers a L&S to a guarantee OV on Jewel, Odyssey or Allure for same time 2021. I'm not sure why you're saying that there's nothing to L&S to. Not trying to give you a hard time, just interested in your reasoning. (BTW - I got a great rate, too - compared to the 2021 sailings)

54 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Empress on the move too,heading for Souda according to AIS

Souda was where she was anchored and I thought she's just heading out to maybe make some water, but she seems to be on the way someplace else - she may need resupply. 

Edited by Biker19

re:  Empress:   Yesterday, I would have bet the farm that she was Turkey bound for sure no matter what the destination indicated.  Today, not so sure.  😵

_________

15 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

I'm also booked in one of the "Solo Ocean View" cabins on Empress for the Nov. 14 sailing on Empress. The website offers a L&S to a guarantee OV on Jewel, Odyssey or Allure for same time 2021. I'm not sure why you're saying that there's nothing to L&S to. Not trying to give you a hard time, just interested in your reasoning. (BTW - I got a great rate, too - compared to the 2021 sailings)

I don't mind explaining further--I should have said there is nothing to L & S to that fits in with my 2021 cruise/travel schedule or meets my criteria, so for me there is nothing to L & S to.  I didn't think anyone really cared about why, but here goes (the condensed version): 

1.  Conflict with other booked cruises and travel plans in Nov-Dec 2021 and Royal not willing to be flexible with the 4-week time restraint. 
  2.  Guarantee OVs.  I don't book B2Bs if I can't get the same cabin for all. 
  3.  And Jewel would have been the only choice for me which also limited my L & S possibilities because Allure & Odyssey are not my cup of tea--been there, done that on Allure last October and hated it.

9 minutes ago, NuisanceLuke said:

re:  Empress:   Yesterday, I would have bet the farm that she was Turkey bound for sure no matter what the destination indicated.  Today, not so sure.  😵

_________

I don't mind explaining further--I should have said there is nothing to L & S to that fits in with my 2021 cruise/travel schedule or meets my criteria, so for me there is nothing to L & S to.  I didn't think anyone really cared about why, but here goes (the condensed version): 

1.  Conflict with other booked cruises and travel plans in Nov-Dec 2021 and Royal not willing to be flexible with the 4-week time restraint. 
  3.  And Jewel would have been the only choice for me which also limited my L & S possibilities because Allure & Odyssey are not my cup of tea--been there, done that on Allure last October and hated it.

Where are you seeing the lift and shift options for the sailing? 

4 hours ago, NuisanceLuke said:

I didn't think anyone really cared about why, but here goes (the condensed version): 

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time. My travel time is also constrained next year due to a Med cruise with a friend at the end of Nov. 2021. So my only choice of the options offered is the Allure on 11/13. I've been on MSC Seaside which may be comparable to Allure but I'm still a bit unsure whether I'd "appreciate" Allure. I don't cruise for the fun and games, I cruise for the relaxation and sailing on the sea. Thus my love of Empress - small, friendly and open outside space to sit and watch the sea go by. I so hope she's not bound for Turkey.

4 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Where are you seeing the lift and shift options for the sailing? 

This link may work: https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R

When you sign into Royal, look for the "Cruise with Confidence" page. It's a bit hard to find. There are 3 options: Cancel; Request a Refund;and Lift and Shift. Lift and Shift will ask for your Booking ID, your last name, sail date and ship. Once you select "Begin Request" it will give options and ask you to select your top 3. I haven't gone any further than to look at the options. I assume that once selected and submitted I would be locked in. I'm not ready to pull the plug on Empress yet.

Hop this helps