Cruise Cash - Refundable if I cancel the cruise?

3 minutes ago, drsel said:

Never buy Cruise cash unless you are getting a huge discount.

I was getting 20% off, if it wasn't for that, I would have never purchased it. I had NO intentions of canceling the cruise, but half of our party wouldn't be able to work for two weeks afterwards. Their jobs were making them quarantine after we return... just a big mess.

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

I said the same about prepaying tips and no one agreed. Why prepay, especially in this climate of uncertainty if you are not getting a discount. 

So far no one has agreed with me, but I'm not prepaying anything, especially right now.

Heck at this pt I'm not only expecting my oct cruise to get cancelled but now I'm worried about my b2b in feb. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

I was getting 20% off, if it wasn't for that, I would have never purchased it. I had NO intentions of canceling the cruise, but half of our party wouldn't be able to work for two weeks afterwards. Their jobs were making them quarantine after we return... just a big mess.

Oh well I guess it makes sense if it was discounted. 

I am waiting for oct to get cancelled as I have a non refundable deposit. Not giving them any reason to keep any of my money. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

They will only refund the amount paid, not the face value. You can call the Fun Shops and ask about it.

My TA said she would check to see if the cruise cash (purchased at a discount) could be moved to another booking I already have.  That would be great, if they move it at the full value.  I purchased $300 in cruise cash so, if moved, I should have $300 in cruise cash on the other sailing.  We'll see if that actually happens.

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Cruise cash is like an excursion. If the cruise is cancelled it will be refunds. You are right that financially it does not make sense to buy cruise cash unless there is a discount. Cruise cash is a marketing idea since Carnival knows if people buy they will spend all of it and generally even more money.  

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

I bought cruise cash at a discount and waiting to get it back. Our Fascination cruise for February was cancelled. The cruise no longer shows up on my Carnival planner, but haven’t received anything about rebooking. I thought they would notify me. Guess not.

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I said the same about prepaying tips and no one agreed. Why prepay, especially in this climate of uncertainty if you are not getting a discount. 

So far no one has agreed with me, but I'm not prepaying anything, especially right now.

Heck at this pt I'm not only expecting my oct cruise to get cancelled but now I'm worried about my b2b in feb. 

I agree with you completely. I have a cruise booked for Oct 17th on the Panorama that I am 95 percent certain won't sail. I normally prepay the tips with the Allstate discounted Carnival cards but not this time. For the two rooms the tips were going to be about 500 dollars so I had them removed as a prepaid item. I am still waiting for money back in the form of gift cards for a May cruise that was cancelled April 2nd. No need for Carnival to hold onto another 500 for no reason 😉 .

I never prepay gratuities or have never purchased cruise cash prior, as it is typically the same as cash and not refundable. We booked the cruise the end of April, and I received an email for 20% off cruise cash about a week later, so I bought $200 for $160. I don't expect but $160 back. But I read that it is non refundable, so I wasn't sure if that meant that just the left over amount was non refundable or if it is nonrefundable canceling before the cruise also.

5 hours ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

I never prepay gratuities or have never purchased cruise cash prior, as it is typically the same as cash and not refundable. We booked the cruise the end of April, and I received an email for 20% off cruise cash about a week later, so I bought $200 for $160. I don't expect but $160 back. But I read that it is non refundable, so I wasn't sure if that meant that just the left over amount was non refundable or if it is nonrefundable canceling before the cruise also.

Nonrefundable after you are on the ship.  The amount you paid is fully refundable to your original form of payment if cancelled before the cruise, the same as any other purchase from the Fun Shops.

• Like 1