Europe 2021.... all canceled?

Cruisesfun65

3 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

The Europe sailings for 2021 are cancelled.  Period.  They just haven't made the official announcement yet.  When cruises like this are removed from the website, it means that they are cancelled.  They always remove them prior to announcing the cancellations.  So either they are going to make the announcement between the October and November cancellation announcements, or they are going to make it in conjunction with the November cancellations.  My guess is the latter, because it will mean that I'll get to find out that both my Thanksgiving 2020 and Norway June 2021 cruises are cancelled at the same time.  But mark my words, they are indeed cancelled.

LOL, well I will call john and tell him to tell Carnival.  Period.  Oh THAT does make it seem more official.  Wait PERIOD.  Try caps, that makes it more true. 😁

Edited by jimbo5544

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, well I will call john and tell him to tell Carnival.  Period.  Oh THAT does make it seem more official.  Wait PERIOD.  Try caps, that makes it more true. 😁

It's Period. Full Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I have had 4 cruises canceled (only two due to Covid) and if Legend is cancelled that will be four more for me.

Wondering if we can apply multiple OBC to one cruise for future cruises...

I guess this girl will be getting the drink package 😂

No point in refund. I paid with a gift card.  

Edited by Eli_6

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Radiance is in Cadiz as is Fascination, and Fascination has nothing better to do. I don't currently see any sailings for Radiance in 2021, although it is supposed to be in Long Beach next spring.

Doubt you will till they have a yard and schedule for the work.  

As Jimbo said - Carnival still has not found a shipyard to complete the work. As well Carnival has to come up with $200 million to complete the conversion. At this point it might make financial sense to send her to Turkey with her sisters.

11 minutes ago, RD64 said:

As Jimbo said - Carnival still has not found a shipyard to complete the work. As well Carnival has to come up with $200 million to complete the conversion. At this point it might make financial sense to send her to Turkey with her sisters.

Carnival has at least 4 older ships than Radiance.  Seems lime a big stretch to me.  

No need to renovate. At this point, they can put me in a dinghy, hand me a Funship, and cruise me around Europe.  I don't care if Club Ocean is located in an inflatable raft towed by a rope behind the dinghy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Carnival HAS the money. And it will only take 6 weeks or so to do the work. Don't be silly.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

But with the last switcheroo Carnival announced Radiance was going to Long Beach to begin cruising April,  2021.

Understand, my point was they need to fi d a yard Nd schedule that fits.   

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Understand, my point was they need to fi d a yard Nd schedule that fits.   

They must have found one or they wouldn't have given a start date from Long Beach. Meanwhile Legend cruises from Tampa have mostly disappeared. Another switcheroo in progress and it buys Carnival more time should the shipyard be unable to deliver.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

No need to renovate. At this point, they can put me in a dinghy, hand me a Funship, and cruise me around Europe.  I don't care if Club Ocean is located in an inflatable raft towed by a rope behind the dinghy.

... and this is why Carnival gets away with providing an experience that is barely acceptable.

• Like 1

I've been following two European cruises for May and June 2021 but did not want to book anything yet until I saw the ships actually sailing.  As of Aug 3 there was plenty of availability and the prices were actually coming down $10 each week.  When I logged in on Thursday they were all gone.  So disappointed.

18 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Laugh all you want but when Carnival makes the announcement, I will be coming back here to give you a big fat “I told you so.” Remember, the only reason I even commented was because you were emphatically stating that “The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt.” Maybe in the future don’t make false statements and people won’t have to call you out on them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Laugh all you want but when Carnival makes the announcement, I will be coming back here to give you a big fat “I told you so.” Remember, the only reason I even commented was because you were emphatically stating that “The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt.” Maybe in the future don’t make false statements and people won’t have to call you out on them. 

The reason I quoted you on the post is because despite you claiming to know, you don’t.  They don’t.   You can post what ever you you want.  Has Europe been cancelled?   It’s a rhetorical question.  We both know the answer.  Oh wait.  Period.  Not a false statement in my first post and not one here.  The only one who said something that is not a fact is you.  If at some point they do cancel, or replace with a different ship., so be it, come back and say you told me so.  Also add a nana nana at the end😄.  Oh and a period.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

... and this is why Carnival gets away with providing an experience that is barely acceptable.

Oh, FFS! It was a joke! An absurd exaggeration. I was referring to the fact that because this would be my 5th-8th cancellation and my 3rd-6th cancellation specifically of a European cruise, I will take an old ship if it gets me to the ports I want to see.  Most of us are going for the history and sights anyway.  If it was about just a nice room and dining, I could stay closer to home and save thousands.  I am going for the Alhambra, and the Norwegian Fjords, etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

Oh, FFS! It was a joke! An absurd exaggeration. I was referring to the fact that because this would be my 5th-8th cancellation and my 3rd-6th cancellation specifically of a European cruise, I will take an old ship if it gets me to the ports I want to see.  Most of us are going for the history and sights anyway.  If it was about just a nice room and dining, I could stay closer to home and save thousands.  I am going for the Alhambra, and the Norwegian Fjords, etc. 

For Fun’s Sake, right? 

I am holding my breath this time.  I have been pretty fatalistic and calm about cruising since we got off the Legend in February.  I was watching news stories about the virus in China while we in the Caribbean - without realizing how lucky we were to be on a cruise in 2020!

We were scheduled to be on the Radiance out of Europe in May.  Paid in full with gift cards (airfare too).  30th Anniversary cruise with our three grown children along.  When that was cancelled, I shifted the entire thing including the airfare to the Legend in September 2020.  That didn't last another month or so before it was cancelled, and then I chose the Legend in September 2021.  I thought that surely by 2021 we would be able to cruise again, right?  lol

I am really hoping the 2021 European cruises go forward.  Jimbo is correct that no one knows at this point.  We can only guess- how we talk or think about possible future cruising is probably based more upon our own personalities than anything else.  I would be fine if they slapped a bandage on the Victory and sent her back to sea to cruise around Europe instead of turning her into the Radiance.  I think she is already too torn down for that,I  however. Just a pipe dream.  I loved the Victory. 

I will just wait and see what happens.  It might make financial sense for Carnival to not invest in Europe in 2021 depending on how things go.  We just have to wait and see.  I get frustrated at not knowing, especially as my final payment date approaches for a November cruise I am certain will be cancelled.  But there is no point in being angry with Carnival.  

• Like 3