Europe 2021.... all canceled?

Cruisesfun65

23 minutes ago, coevan said:

The river cruises in ‘Europe are sailing

As far as I know Carnival doesn't offer river cruises.

I was referring to the Legend sailings in Europe for 2021 as the Magic Euope 2021 sailings have already been canceled. 

I just logged in and check and my Baltic Sea cruise on the Legend in July 2021  and the booking  is still showing on my profile(at least they are still willing to take my money). I'm wondering if they pulled some of them to give people who where booked on the magic priority to rebook.  I know when the first of the two Baltic Sea cruises became available they had so much demand it nearly sold out with in a week. That is why they added a second. From what I understand they haven't done a Baltic Sea cruise in a couple of decades.  

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My Legend Sept 2021 out of Rome is still showing in my Cruise Manager.

Now try and make a new booking for that cruise and go all the way to where you need to insert guest names. Error message. I tell you, not 1 sailing available to book.

Carnival is giving the same explanation. All cruises are sold out. 

Yeah right. They suddenly all sold out in 1 day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Europe is not accepting Americans at the moment unless you are a critical worker, or endure a 14 day lock down on arrival. 

They may be looking at the pax density compared to what European rules will accept. It can be different for each country too.

It is difficult to guess what any one authority will demand to allow business to continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Now try and make a new booking for that cruise and go all the way to where you need to insert guest names. Error message. I tell you, not 1 sailing available to book.

I tried a mock booking, got to how many guests, clicked on 2, this popped up:

No rates available for the number of travelers and specials you selected... 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Runaway Parent said:

Just because the sailing is still showing up in your Cruise Manager doesn't mean much. My San Juan cruise is still showing up, and that's been cancelled for awhile. I've even applied the FCC from it already on another booking.

The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moviela said:

Europe is not accepting Americans at the moment unless you are a critical worker, or endure a 14 day lock down on arrival. 

They may be looking at the pax density compared to what European rules will accept. It can be different for each country too.

It is difficult to guess what any one authority will demand to allow business to continue.

That is the situation now.  Europe wants Americans 100% as soon as they feel that doing so will not jeopardize their country.  They need our tourism money....period. 

• Like 2

Well, I won't be booking air yet, but I don't see why they would be canceling a cruise a year out unless they were selling the ship and I don't think they are doing that. Or unless they simply decided not to do Europe sailings at all.  

3 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I agree this is the same thing that happened to my b2b.  Just because a cruise is in your manager doesn't mean it hasn't been cancelled.   I have 3 cruises still showing in my manager.  One on the Radiance that was cancelled back in March and 2 Fascination cruises that were recently cancelled.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt

What makes you think that?

Carnival stopped doing Med cruises a few years ago due to lack of demand.  The story back then was that they already have HAL Princess Costa etc. in Europe.

7 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Can't book for any cruise in Europe voor 2021. Our existing ones are also not showing.

Kind of early to cancel the entire European season, don't you think???

Thank you for posting.

8 hours ago, maryann2 said:

What makes you think that?

Carnival stopped doing Med cruises a few years ago due to lack of demand.  The story back then was that they already have HAL Princess Costa etc. in Europe.

Carnival started doing Med cruises two years ago. They had them last year and scheduled for this year.  They also have them for 2021, John Heald talked about them recently.  The Legend is open for booking for a full season for 2021. The Carnival client is different than what Carnival cruisers on other lines (Princess, Hal and Costa).  We just booked someone on a legend Med  cruise over the weekend, trust me they are open.

Edited by jimbo5544

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Historically Carnival usually loses money cruising in Europe. With C19, pretty much guaranteed. There is too much uncertainty and US cruisers are notoriously fickle. They will cancel if the wind blows the wrong way.

While they do not do as well as the Caribbean, they def made money the last 4 years, from the horses mouth.