Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Is Fort Lauderdale being phased out of Royal Caribbean's plans for 2022 - 23??? I see Miami and Port Canaveral but Port Everglades seems to be missing.

Thanks................

29 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We are lucky to be able to drive to the Florida ports...................are choices are #1 Port Canaveral..........then #2 Fort Lauderdale.......then #3 Tampa and last is Miami. The drive is horrible, hotels and parking are expensive in Miami. I hope that Ft. Lauderdale will be viable - love the new terminal.

Seems to be used as a secondary port to Miami now where they can’t fit the ship in to Miami’s schedule or have 2 ships departing the same day. Celebrity has invested in FLL.

4 hours ago, janabelle61 said:

Question for those of you that follow future sailings - Is there any word on Canada/New England for 2022? 

I'm retiring and planning some extended cruising fall of 2022.  Celebrity has their itineraries out, but I'm really looking for Royal and hoping they deploy their itineraries soon.

The only ship that Royal had booked already for Maine ports previously for 2022 was Empress of the Seas. 

With Jewel heading to the MED and then possibly on to Dubai, it would seem that Voyager would likely head over to Boston or Bayonne. It would seem likely that in addition to Anthem that Oasis and then one other ship would do Canada / NE sailings as well. There are not port bookings currently to accurately predict the season. 

39 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

The only ship that Royal had booked already for Maine ports previously for 2022 was Empress of the Seas. 

With Jewel heading to the MED and then possibly on to Dubai, it would seem that Voyager would likely head over to Boston or Bayonne. It would seem likely that in addition to Anthem that Oasis and then one other ship would do Canada / NE sailings as well. There are not port bookings currently to accurately predict the season. 

An Oasis ship out of Cape Liberty that would be fine. I am hopefully going to be on the Freedom for Canada/New England Oct 2021...but having doubts about that one. It has of course been deleted from the website some time ago.

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

In 2012 the Voyager trip Barcelona to Singapore was 26 nights in 2 cruises via Dubai. 

At the moment the gap is only 18 nights 28 March to 15 April 2022.

If none of the prior Singapore cruises get cancelled Voyager appears to be not going via Dubai or even running with no passengers. 

I don’t think they would have passengers.

If a passenger bought the virus onto the ship it would jeopardise the relocation.

So it looks like Asia Pacific loses voyager,radiance and Serenade.

We get wonder but there maybe another ship? Any speculation?
‘There was a rumour of a freedom class,someone said there was a couple of port bookings on the US west coast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

In 2012 the Voyager trip Barcelona to Singapore was 26 nights in 2 cruises via Dubai. 

If none of the prior Singapore cruises get cancelled Voyager appears to be not going via Dubai or even running with no passengers. 

Also, since it is crossing the dateline, will it repeat one day? Like for example, go to bed on Apr 6th and wake up Apr 6th.  So maybe 19 days? Still short though, unless they do cancel a couple of the short cruises, before she heads to Barcelona.

Edited by crzndeb

5 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Also, since it is crossing the dateline, will it repeat one day? Like for example, go to bed on Apr 6th and wake up Apr 6th.  So maybe 19 days? Still short though, unless they do cancel a couple of the short cruises, before she heads to Barcelona.

Why do you say she's crossing the dateline? 

7 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Is Fort Lauderdale being phased out of Royal Caribbean's plans for 2022 - 23??? I see Miami and Port Canaveral but Port Everglades seems to be missing.

Thanks................

I noticed there aren't very many as before. I like it because we are less than 5 miles from there. Miami isn't to bad for us since we now just take Uber. Easier and cheaper than driving and parking.

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Bummer

23 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

This cruise will not cross the dateline. Only the Tropic of Cancer. 

Just checked the Royal website, all cruises in April 2022 have been taken off. Perhaps they are currently planning Voyager's repositioning cruise. But that seems like a lot of extra time taken off for the repositioning than needed. Last scheduled cruise is 18th March 2022, a 3 night one coming back 21st of March.

Edited by Ethanol95
missed out something

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

Why do you say she's crossing the dateline? 

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

This cruise will not cross the dateline. Only the Tropic of Cancer. 

Yes that's what I thought so too. You don't gain or lose any day.

My bad.....I was thinking Equator and hemispheres, which doesn’t do anything. I have crossed the dateline twice going west to Australia and once to Singapore, and got confused. Easy to do at my age. 😉

Edited by crzndeb

Just checked the Royal website, all cruises in April 2022 have been taken off. Perhaps they are currently planning Voyager's repositioning cruise. But that seems like a lot of extra time taken off for the repositioning than needed. Last scheduled cruise is 18th March 2022, a 3 night one coming back 21st of March.

Hmmmm....maybe it’s like Springaussie mentioned. They are cancelling the last couple of short cruises out of Singapore, to make time for additional legs to Barcelona.

Edited by crzndeb

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think they would have passengers.

If a passenger bought the virus onto the ship it would jeopardise the relocation.

So it looks like Asia Pacific loses voyager,radiance and Serenade.

We get wonder but there maybe another ship? Any speculation?
‘There was a rumour of a freedom class,someone said there was a couple of port bookings on the US west coast.

We are talking 2022.  Most of the world will have been vaccinated.

the vaccine will not eliminate Covid however it will lessen its transmission and severity so that we no longer live in fear of it and it will be treated no different than the Flu has been for as long as I’ve been alive. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Hmmmm....maybe it’s like Springaussie mentioned. They are cancelling the last couple of short cruises out of Singapore, to make time for additional legs to Barcelona.

More like an extra month of cruises.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We are talking 2022.  Most of the world will have been vaccinated.

the vaccine will not eliminate Covid however it will lessen its transmission and severity so that we no longer live in fear of it and it will be treated no different than the Flu has been for as long as I’ve been alive. 

I don’t know ken we aren’t out of the woods yet.

That repo is 15 months away and the virus is still going strong.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So you think the vaccine is going to do nothing. 

Well  the vaccines are still unknown Ken.

Our prime minister said on Friday to expect to ware masks (Buy law) for another year.

I would love to go on that repo.

‘So in my case as a potential risk to the ship.
If I went, I would have to fly to Singapore and during transit ,I would be exposed to multiple risks on the way
then there’s the ports of call  would be a risk.

I don’t think RC would risk the repo.

27 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Well  the vaccines are still unknown Ken.

Our prime minister said on Friday to expect to ware masks (Buy law) for another year.

I would love to go on that repo.

‘So in my case as a potential risk to the ship.
If I went, I would have to fly to Singapore and during transit ,I would be exposed to multiple risks on the way
then there’s the ports of call  would be a risk.

I don’t think RC would risk the repo.

I’m not sure what the difference in a repo vs a regular sailing is.  There are other repos that are being offered for sale and sooner than this one, granted some of those may not sail however there is no reason to assume that this one will sail without passengers. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m not sure what the difference in a repo vs a regular sailing is.  There are other repos that are being offered for sale and sooner than this one, granted some of those may not sail however there is no reason to assume that this one will sail without passengers. 

From Singapore to Europe there isn’t a lot of world class medical facilities.
‘In our neck of the woods you have Singapore,Japan,Australia and New Zealand.The rest a pretty sceptical.

US east coast to Europe there’s a world class medical facility on every corner.

If there was a outbreak on the ship ,say in the middle of the Indian Ocean.Where would the ship go to?
‘Then the ship would be bogged down in a developing country.
‘That’s my opinion.

17 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Thanks for the info!  I'm less concerned about the ship than the itinerary at this point.  My work prevents me from sailing the New England itinerary in the fall, so I'm anxious to spend time their after I retire.  For now, I'll just be patient (hard to do after not cruising for so long!) and watch for updates.