Favorite music acts on rccl over the years?

My daughter's favorite cruise memory (we've been cruising on Royal for years) was last year on Harmony-we saw the "Grease" show one evening, and then the next day several of the cast members were on a tubing excursion with us in Jamaica. She was so starstruck! They took so many pictures with her (she was 12 at the time), sang the songs with her, etc. Great group of kids who went out of their way on their limited time off.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Sunset Glow said:

We really enjoyed two cover bands on board - Rock The Boat and Wanted. Rock the Boat does all sorts of classic rock and Wanted is a Bon Jovi cover band. Both excellent.

We love Rock the Boat and really enjoyed Wanted on Anthem.  The Wanted guitarist is unbelievable!

• Like 1

Floating Festivals.

Despite Royal Caribbean initially agreeing to postpone the sailings from this year to the following dates in 2021: Sail Away with Jane McDonald Sep 12 to Sep 19 / Stages Sep 19 – 23 / Throwback Sep 23 - 26 and providing us a statement to email our customers back in June 2020, they recently took the decision not to move forward with the planned deferment  for these three music charters to 2021.

Apparently Floating Festivals couldn’t agree to Royals new T&C.

Royal’s Lawyers are attempting to get refunds from Floating Festivals, so that they can return deposits. 

Edited by upwarduk
Punctuation

We have experienced at great musical performances over the years, but the best was over 30 years ago on Song of America. Terry and Theresa were a wonderful duo who performed every night during our week long cruise. Terry was a member of the ‘50’s group The Flamingoes and was a great entertainer. 

34 minutes ago, rncruiser said:

We have experienced at great musical performances over the years, but the best was over 30 years ago on Song of America. Terry and Theresa were a wonderful duo who performed every night during our week long cruise. Terry was a member of the ‘50’s group The Flamingoes and was a great entertainer. 

I Only Have Eyes For You was a huge hit for them in 1959.That was a great song for those of us who were around at the time .So many guys sang this to their gals.

I enjoyed so many I don't think I can pick just one. However, I do have the worst act I've seen. We were on a trans-atlantic several years ago and one night the main act was the captain's wife singing. It was absolutely horrible - so many missed notes. We actually ended up walking out and later mentioned on the cruise survey.

Song Of America in December 1993, special 4 night last minute repo cruise Royal put together after canceling an 11 night that didn’t sell.  Jim Stafford did a show.  I think he was just hitching a ride from San Juan to Miami with his family.  Anyway, it was great.   

Edited by Anton

BOS TA 9/18 Manda Vincent Schooner Bar

BOS TA 11/19 Jimmy Hopper

Spent many a night in the Schooner watching Manda. 
saw Jimmy’s show in the theatre and he later entertained us in the Schooner

• We saw the Royal Swedes twice on Anthem.  They are outstanding!  On the Allure we saw Rob Ondras who was great.  We have since been friends with him on FB.  On the Mariner last October there was a singer in the pub who was really good.  He even invited my husband up to sing with him...3 times.  

On 8/10/2020 at 1:15 PM, Rala said:

We loved listening to the "Rosario Strings", mostly in the Centrum  before dinner.  This was many years ago.  Sometimes they would stroll through the dining room during dinner and play requests.  I think there may have been more than one group who used this name, but all with  similar format .  They could play pretty much anything on their violins and other "strings".  Anyone  else remember them?  🙂

I loved the Rosario strings. They played in the VCL on the Monarch and the Majesty during the Diamond event. 

• Like 1