Anyone else having problems redeeming future cruise credits?

CineGraphic

6 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I think you’re still missing the backdating issue. In your example, if I booked a cruise today, and I am still waiting for my FCC to be issued, I cannot apply them in the future because they will be dated after the date I booked the cruise.

If your deposited cruise was booked before the issued date of your FCC’s you will need to have them back-dated now in order to use them in the future on that cruise.

So if Princess is willing to do it, I guess there is no problem. 
I guess I just avoided that situation by waiting until my FCCs finally were issued.  But I'm still not going to have them applied yet...not until I have to.

Princess advised my TA that they would apply my back dated FCCs to one of my cruises within 10 days.  3 weeks went by and nothing had been applied to my cruise.  So, I called my TA who in turn placed a call to Princess and the matter was settled within a few minutes.  Thankful that this whole refund and rebooking mess is over for my two cruises.  I hold out hope for the people that are still struggling to get clarity and closure. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Princess advised my TA that they would apply my back dated FCCs to one of my cruises within 10 days.  3 weeks went by and nothing had been applied to my cruise.  So, I called my TA who in turn placed a call to Princess and the matter was settled within a few minutes.  Thankful that this whole refund and rebooking mess is over for my two cruises.  I hold out hope for the people that are still struggling to get clarity and closure. 

Good for you Italy52!  Glad you were able to get it done!  I am still waiting!  25 days now.  I asked  TA to call again and Princess said to call next week!!!  WHAT????  I think the TA called when systems seemed to be down at Princess.  I will call TA again in a few days as even though she wrote she would put this on her agenda, it is a big online company so I don’t hold out hope for that.  

It seems like such an easy thing to do for it to cause us so much frustration and time.

1 minute ago, ROWSE said:

Good for you Italy52!  Glad you were able to get it done!  I am still waiting!  25 days now.  I asked  TA to call again and Princess said to call next week!!!  WHAT????  I think the TA called when systems seemed to be down at Princess.  I will call TA again in a few days as even though she wrote she would put this on her agenda, it is a big online company so I don’t hold out hope for that.  

It seems like such an easy thing to do for it to cause us so much frustration and time.

Thank you.  Definitely keep trying with Princess.  I had my TA make the call mid week because I thought it might just work out better --- a little bit after the beginning of the week and not so much as the end of the week.  I was amazed at how the Princess rep was able to settle the issue so fast when I had already waited so long.  Hope you come back to the board and post that you had a quick resolution during the phone call after waiting so long.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:23 AM, suzyed said:

Which is why I am waiting to apply mine until final payment.
Are you waiting to actually get your FCCs?  What would prevent you from booking a cruise and just putting the deposit on it and then applying the FCCs when you get them or at final payment? 

It took me four months to get my deposit back on 2 different cruises and then after I did a credit card dispute. I won't give any money at all until final payment when I know the cruise is going to happen.

I have a question about Princess cancelling a cruise.  Just researching in case they cancel my March 2021 cruise.

If I am notified they are cancelling the cruise, and I want to transfer monies already paid to a new cruise immediately (the new cruise will be a new booking at that time), I have some questions:

1. If they are still offering the double your deposit, the amount paid one FCC, and the "double" portion a separate, non-refundable FCC, can I move all the original monies (FCC #1) immediately to the new booking?
  2. Do I then wait until the "double" FCC appears in my account, and then have it applied to the new cruise? I'm not worried about waiting, since the new cruise is in 2022.
  3. Is there a dollar limit on FCC's?

Thanks for helping educate me!

Based upon my two cruise cancellation experiences, immediately won't happen.  You will have to wait until FCC is in your account to apply it.  Princess has been good about extending deposit dates to wait for your FCC to show up.  I don't know of any limit of FCC up to the full amount of the cruise fare.  You can't use it for other items like port taxes and fees etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tak8 said:

Based upon my two cruise cancellation experiences, immediately won't happen.  You will have to wait until FCC is in your account to apply it.  Princess has been good about extending deposit dates to wait for your FCC to show up.  I don't know of any limit of FCC up to the full amount of the cruise fare.  You can't use it for other items like port taxes and fees etc.

Thank you!!  Extending the deposit date is good to hear about, waiting for the FCC.

Edited by pcur

On 8/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, LunaSeaRetreat said:

I contacted my TA to have my FCC back dated.  I asked to have it applied now because I booked my cruise before my FCC showed up in my account.  She contacted Princess and they said it would take between 10 to 20 days.  

Cynthia

My FCC was credited to my cruise within a week. My September 2021 cruise is now paid except for taxes and port fees.  Again I only did this early because I needed it back dated and didn't want any surprises next year.  I still have some FCC left and I noticed when I did a trial booking it applied it immediately.    

Cynthia

On 8/21/2020 at 3:25 PM, Italy52 said:

Thank you.  Definitely keep trying with Princess.  I had my TA make the call mid week because I thought it might just work out better --- a little bit after the beginning of the week and not so much as the end of the week.  I was amazed at how the Princess rep was able to settle the issue so fast when I had already waited so long.  Hope you come back to the board and post that you had a quick resolution during the phone call after waiting so long.

Below is my quote that Italy52 was responding to.  This is about applying a cancelled cruise deposit from Sept. 25 as another deposit on a May 2, cruise booked the minute they cancelled the Sept. 25.  All told me no problem it will just take time to move into the FCC and then be back dated and applied to May 2.  It was all moved to FCC on July 27.  

On 8/21/2020 at 3:17 PM, ROWSE said:

I have written my Travel Agent a few times over this matter and was told my FCC was applied.  Upon going in to Personalizer the Deposit FCC return was still there and I could not book EZ air saying my booking is not complete,  so I knew it was not done.

I called the TA today and what they were referring to was FCC that was applied to the fare itself, and yes that had been applied quite awhile ago.  My booking is sitting there not complete because of this deposit money due.  This time this TA seemed to understand after reading the copious amount of notes on my booking.  The Princess rep. said it cannot be used.  OMG!  Why can't they be on the same page.  TA finally asked for supervisor making the Princess Rep. very mad.  After Princess said there is no supervisor still there, she magically found one.  The supervisor said yes it can be done and she filled out some kind of paperwork for it to be done now.  

Why Italy52's deposit was applied then and there and I have to wait again for some kind of paperwork is a mystery.

I only owe $440 on the whole cruise, so this is what is so maddening!  I am just determined not to give them any more cash when I have this deposit FCC to use.  

The sad thing for me is that EZ air flights and prices have disappeared that were the perfect ones which I could have booked a long time ago.  

So back to OP question.  YES I am having big problems with having FCC applied.  

5 minutes ago, ROWSE said:

Below is my quote that Italy52 was responding to.  This is about applying a cancelled cruise deposit from Sept. 25 as another deposit on a May 2, cruise booked the minute they cancelled the Sept. 25.  All told me no problem it will just take time to move into the FCC and then be back dated and applied to May 2.  It was all moved to FCC on July 27.  

I have written my Travel Agent a few times over this matter and was told my FCC was applied.  Upon going in to Personalizer the Deposit FCC return was still there and I could not book EZ air saying my booking is not complete,  so I knew it was not done.

I called the TA today and what they were referring to was FCC that was applied to the fare itself, and yes that had been applied quite awhile ago.  My booking is sitting there not complete because of this deposit money due.  This time this TA seemed to understand after reading the copious amount of notes on my booking.  The Princess rep. said it cannot be used.  OMG!  Why can't they be on the same page.  TA finally asked for supervisor making the Princess Rep. very mad.  After Princess said there is no supervisor still there, she magically found one.  The supervisor said yes it can be done and she filled out some kind of paperwork for it to be done now.  

Why Italy52's deposit was applied then and there and I have to wait again for some kind of paperwork is a mystery.

I only owe $440 on the whole cruise, so this is what is so maddening!  I am just determined not to give them any more cash when I have this deposit FCC to use.  

The sad thing for me is that EZ air flights and prices have disappeared that were the perfect ones which I could have booked a long time ago.  

So back to OP question.  YES I am having big problems with having FCC applied.  

Glad to hear that you are making headway on your long refund journey.  Just wanted to clarify something you mentioned above, my FCCs were applied to my cruise fare for an existing reservation; for my deposit, I used a FCD.  Yes, it is maddening that one agent can somehow magically do everything in a moments notice and others say they have to send paperwork through. 

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Glad to hear that you are making headway on your long refund journey.  Just wanted to clarify something you mentioned above, my FCCs were applied to my cruise fare for an existing reservation; for my deposit, I used a FCD.  Yes, it is maddening that one agent can somehow magically do everything in a moments notice and others say they have to send paperwork through. 

So sorry, I misunderstood.  My situation, though different, was told to my TA two separate times that it would be back dated and applied by Princess as my deposit since it was my deposit, just not an FCD, off the cancelled cruise.

Maybe mine does need paperwork after all.  😫

Finally this week the FCC was applied to my 10/2021 booking that I'd made in January before the first pause.  However, there is still some credit missing...my booking had double the fare paid as credit, but not DH's booking. So instead of 2220 as it should be, it's a total credit of 1665.

Also, it's not showing up under payments, it's showing as a deduction from the cruise fare, which looks like it means none of it will be refundable if I cancel. 

3 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Also, it's not showing up under payments, it's showing as a deduction from the cruise fare, which looks like it means none of it will be refundable if I cancel. 

I recently (08/27/20) canceled a cruise with FCC used as a reduction in fare and it was back in my 'bank' immediately so that shouldn't be an issue (I use a PVP but it should be the same for any TA). It might be more protected if NOT a deposit as I've read that sometimes deposits are non-refundable.  (I'm not sure how those work, I've never booked non-refundable deposits)

Edited by Ombud

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I recently (08/27/20) canceled a cruise with FCC used as a reduction in fare and it was back in my 'bank' immediately so that shouldn't be an issue (I use a PVP but it should be the same for any TA). It might be more protected if NOT a deposit as I've read that sometimes deposits are non-refundable.  (I'm not sure how those work, I've never booked non-refundable deposits)

Oh ok....so it goes back to the bank on the cruise personalizer. Good to know!