Captain's Club Level for Spouses

kebrown

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Its weird, because I doubt that any of the spouses would be travelling by themselves. So, in my opinion it shouldnt be a problem really. Why cant the husband (if he is the "main" status client) do the booking to avoid such a problem? I think that it will solve all the problems connected with it. 

Really??  I have sailed with both my daughter and friends without my husband.  Have also sailed just hubby and me so I happen to have the most points of anyone in my family.  To get back to the original question, we are all the same status.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jagoffee said:

This is a repeat of what I posted earlier.  I would think if the daughter lives with her mother and is over 18 years old that she would be considered an adult. 

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

• If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.

Our son lives with us and has always lived with us  and until recently he did not have the same status as us.   We were E plus and he was E until after our last cruise when he moved up to E-plus.   On our last cruise we were in a Royal Suite and his card said Elite while ours said Elite plus.   The cruise before that wife did not go on the cruise it was just him and I and I was E plus while he was E.    This just shows how Celebrity is just inconsistent with their rules.   He now is E plus because he earned it with the points.   

15 hours ago, akcruz said:

Really??  I have sailed with both my daughter and friends without my husband.  Have also sailed just hubby and me so I happen to have the most points of anyone in my family.  To get back to the original question, we are all the same status.

Same here, a couple of years ago son and I went to Bermuda without wife.   

On 9/5/2020 at 7:28 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Sort of a final parting shot.  🤔

LOL--- That's a " good one " but I doubt that their status as members in the Captains Club at Celebrity Cruise Lines is going to be the " final parting shot ". 

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, Pinboy said:

Trust me  ( not from experience though ) if that happens, points, status , whatever, won't matter.

You Lawyer's contact information will be very important.

Hint-- Make sure you get that free bag of laundry and the scoop of gelato before any changes are made.

Actually it is much more likely that my dw will trade me in for a new model when I think about it.  😀

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2020 at 10:30 AM, davekathy said:

Is this a new CC perk/benefit and for what tier level? 🤣

LOL-- I know I'm setting myself up for some " serious " ( ??? ) rebuttal because I referred to this guy a hundred times already .

Do you think for one second that guy with the cowboy hat and the beautiful blond, probably 32 yrs younger than him, was  thinking of Captains Club tier level ???? 

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Our son lives with us and has always lived with us  and until recently he did not have the same status as us.   We were E plus and he was E until after our last cruise when he moved up to E-plus.   On our last cruise we were in a Royal Suite and his card said Elite while ours said Elite plus.   The cruise before that wife did not go on the cruise it was just him and I and I was E plus while he was E.    This just shows how Celebrity is just inconsistent with their rules.   He now is E plus because he earned it with the points.   

As it should be.

6 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Do you think for one second that guy with the cowboy hat and the beautiful blond, probably 32 yrs younger than him, was  thinking of Captains Club tier level ???? 

Since you're assuming here, possibly the guy in the cowboy hat was taking his daughter on a daughter daddy cruise. Inquiring minds would like to know, how do you know she was 32 years his younger? 🙄

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Since you're assuming here, possibly the guy in the cowboy hat was taking his daughter on a daughter daddy cruise. Inquiring minds would like to know, how do you know she was 32 years his younger? 🙄

"  daughter daddy cruise"  ?????

LOL-- Not a chance. I doubt Daddy would be shopping in the jewelry shop looking at " previously loved " $ 6500 Rolex watches with his daughter, and besides, she laughed at everything he said and looked too happy.

" how do you know she was 32 years his younger "? ---- Good point. LOL---She might have been 28 yrs younger, but, for sure she wasn't 4 yrs younger. 

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

LOL-- Not a chance. I doubt Daddy would be shopping in the jewelry shop looking at " previously loved " $ 6500 Rolex watches with his daughter, and besides, she laughed at everything he said and looked too happy.

" how do you know she was 32 years his younger "? ---- Good point. LOL---She might have been 28 yrs younger, but, for sure she wasn't 4 yrs younger. 

SMH and I'll leave it at that! 🙄🥱

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes, big difference.  How do you get points attributed if you weren't on the ship?  That's truly an inconsistent!

Phil

It is likely that Bubbachief was mistaken and probably meant to say that the same status.  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:17 AM, jagoffee said:
On 9/12/2020 at 8:17 AM, jagoffee said:

It is likely that Bubbachief was mistaken and probably meant to say that the same status.  

Not mistaken, we both have 1786 points, are Elite Plus  and she has taken 4 more Celebrity cruises than I have.

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, Roger88 said:

Its weird, because I doubt that any of the spouses would be travelling by themselves. So, in my opinion it shouldnt be a problem really. Why cant the husband (if he is the "main" status client) do the booking to avoid such a problem? I think that it will solve all the problems connected with it. 

I cruise without my spouse all the time. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 4:58 PM, Pinboy said:

You sound jealous 

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2020 at 7:40 PM, jagoffee said:

Obviously you believe this to be true, but I have my doubts.  Did this happen to your or your spouse?

I believe your spouse’s status is changed to the same status as you, but since it has not happen to me I cannot say with 100% certainty.

This  explains the “program”

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

• If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.

How does it work for a throuple relationship or a person with multiple spouses.😜