Captain's Club Level for Spouses

kebrown

8 minutes ago, kebrown said:

If I am Elite Plus but my spouse is Elite, would Celebrity raise my spouse to Elite Plus as well?  And if so, how would I go about making this change?

If you are elite +, then your wife will also be elite + no matter her current tier level or if she has less cruise points. Call the Captains Club at 1-800-760-0654. 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I have asked the same onboard, I'm elite and she is select, the answer was NO, she can go to the elite events with you, but she can't get the extra benefits like the free laundry bag

You definitely have been told incorrect info regarding spouse tier level matching. What you described is for those that are sharing the same stateroom on a cruise and are not married to each other. 

Edited by davekathy

5 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

and if you lose your spouse for any reason then one other person sharing your address automatically will share your status

What constitutes losing your spouse?  She was supposed to meet me at the grocery store this morning.  Did not show up.  Cell phone off.  Does that me she is lost and my daughter who is staying with us can get my status?

Do I need to report that she is lost?  Who do I call if I find her?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

and if you lose your spouse for any reason then one other person sharing your address automatically will share your status

maybe different wording.. If your spouse passes away or you you trade them in for a new model.. or they trade you in.. am I just getting deeper in doodoo here??,,lol

Edited by gold1953
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

Is your spouse in danger now?? I  may scout out the zenith cruisers just in case I eventually need a new one..

1 minute ago, gold1953 said:

maybe different wording.. If your spouse passes away or you you trade them in for a new model.. or they trade you in

@gold1953 - LOL... my spouse is not in danger. Upon first reading your post, I thought you were trying to be funny (maybe you were, maybe you weren't). I took it as you being funny and it just made me laugh, hence why I was glad I finished drinking my water not spitting it out over my computer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulcan1971 said:

@gold1953 - LOL... my spouse is not in danger. Upon first reading your post, I thought you were trying to be funny (maybe you were, maybe you weren't). I took it as you being funny and it just made me laugh, hence why I was glad I finished drinking my water not spitting it out over my computer.

funny .. but it is a fact. It was explained to me by Captains Club host

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

There is a little known exception to this rule.  Yes, she will obtain the same benefits as you do and will be elite plus however for some reason if she were to go on a cruise without you, she would then revert back to elite.   

Obviously you believe this to be true, but I have my doubts.  Did this happen to your or your spouse?

I believe your spouse’s status is changed to the same status as you, but since it has not happen to me I cannot say with 100% certainty.

This  explains the “program”

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

• If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Obviously you believe this to be true, but I have my doubts.  Did this happen to your or your spouse?

I believe your spouse’s status is changed to the same status as you, but since it has not happen to me I cannot say with 100% certainty.

This  explains the “program”

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

• If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.

Didn't happen to me but it was reported on here by someone about two years ago.....I'll see if I can find it.....Always remember with Celebrity what many of us have said for years, they are consistently inconsistent.....

Edited by dkjretired

56 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Didn't happen to me but it was reported on here by someone about two years ago.....I'll see if I can find it.....Always remember with Celebrity what many of us have said for years, they are consistently inconsistent.....

So it was reported once here on this board two years ago?  And it didn't happen to you?  I'd say that was a very dubious exception and not to be relied upon. Much like the Celebrity (in)consistency. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 11:37 AM, cruisestitch said:

I believe you re riced incorrect information.  Your level should be matched.  Contact Captain’s Club to accomplish this before you cruise again.  

On 8/19/2020 at 1:59 PM, davekathy said:

You definitely have been told incorrect info regarding spouse tier level matching. What you described is for those that are sharing the same stateroom on a cruise and are not married to each other. 

On 8/19/2020 at 3:08 PM, awhfy said:

Your spouse will have the same tier & benefits, as long as the address is the same. The Captains Club will take care of it

I just hung up with Celebrity Captains club, Mariana was the person who doesn't helped me. Same answer as onboard other cruises.

She needs 9 points to be elite. No power Up points emails for both of us, and She will be elite until next cruise. 🤬

Edited by gerelmx

On 8/21/2020 at 6:23 AM, dkjretired said:

Must have been a very nasty divorce to take away their Captain's Club status.

8 hours ago, gerelmx said:

I just hung up with Celebrity Captains club, Mariana was the person who doesn't helped me. Same answer as onboard other cruises.

She needs 9 points to be elite. No power Up points emails for both of us, and She will be elite until next cruise. 🤬

I still disagree she isn't elite based on your martial status. First I've heard that a spouse doesn't have the same tier level even with less cruise points. When married and cruise points are less the spouse with the higher tier level needs to request (it's not done automatically) thru the CC the spouse with the less tier level(cruise points) be linked. If you haven't made the reques she be linked to you, then I agree she's not elite. You still both will have separate CC numbers. 

Edited by davekathy