Oceania App

H0kie76

Has anyone heard if Oceania is doing an App soon?  Seems like they could eliminate much of the paper stuff with an app.  They would have to allow Internet to all passengers so they could use the app.  Carnival is using their app to get rid of muster drills, daily agendas and menus in big restaurants.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H0kie76 said:

Has anyone heard if Oceania is doing an App soon?  Seems like they could eliminate much of the paper stuff with an app.  They would have to allow Internet to all passengers so they could use the app.  Carnival is using their app to get rid of muster drills, daily agendas and menus in big restaurants.

Firstly, every Oceania cabin gets at least one complimentary unlimited wifi account.

In addition, all cabins on all O ships have had a recent media upgrade with "on demand" programming including menus, films, current lectures, etc.

That said, remember that there are plenty of Oceania passengers still using a flip phone. But, FWIW, the O website has a mobile friendly version.

Bottom line: I just don't see an app (or need for one) in the immediate future.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Firstly, every Oceania cabin gets at least one complimentary unlimited wifi account.

In addition, all cabins on all O ships have had a recent media upgrade with "on demand" programming including menus, films, current lectures, etc.

That said, remember that there are plenty of Oceania passengers still using a flip phone. But, FWIW, the O website has a mobile friendly version.

Bottom line: I just don't see an app (or need for one) in the immediate future.

There are still a lot of people who have no type of gizmo and go on cruises to interact with the cruise... not play video games and send selfies to  each other....    An ap just feeds the addiction people are trying ( or should be trying) to escape from with a sea voyage... free from the land and its stresses.

• Like 2

Don't make fun of flip phones  😁... my husband loves his Ravine.  He can drop it in a water trough, and practically run over it with a tractor and it still keeps ticking along.  

Edited by Kate-AHF
  • Like 2

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR50zshXyB53kLt5flYN

4 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

Thank you:  I still don't know what a flip phone is!!!!   J

It's an old-style cell phone that folded in half.  To answer a call, you flipped it open to expose the numeral pad and speakers.

Edited by Kate-AHF
  • Like 2

An app would be a smart anti Covid idea. No more menu's that others have touched.  Able to plan daily schedule.  Acumulartor for O points.  Electronic tickets for boarding and excursions.  All round less paper.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcR50zshXyB53kLt5flYN

It's an old-style cell phone that folded in half.  To answer a call, you flipped it open to expose the numeral pad and speakers.

Ah  I see now.........    Husband had a Nokia 6310 which he still says was the best ever.  He can't be doing with Smart phones but the Nokia eventually died.     I have an i Phone of course|!!!!   But it is old.    I certainly did see the Star Trek series from the beginning.     J

With the amount of people I saw on ATW 2018 who didn't understand WiFi our bandwidth or basic computer tech- I highly doubt an app will go over well.    

I do agree it would be a great update to loose the paper waste, and have all our info in one spot, but I don't see that happening.  Sadly.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WholeNewWorld said:

With the amount of people I saw on ATW 2018 who didn't understand WiFi our bandwidth or basic computer tech- I highly doubt an app will go over well.    

I do agree it would be a great update to loose the paper waste, and have all our info in one spot, but I don't see that happening.  Sadly.  

Nothing sad about it, that's just the Oceania demographic, unless you mean the paper thing. If that, then there are all kinds of places that cruise lines could reduce that. Pretty much like most companies it's all lip service and if it doesn't improve their bottom line then it's probably not happening. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WholeNewWorld said:

well if they gave everyone  a device to carry around  with all the info  I might go along with it

NAH!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

well if they gave everyone  a device to carry around  with all the info  I might go along with it

NAH!!

LOL Oceania gives everyone a tablet to use on board.  Most people could not figure that out-and really REALLY struggled to communicate with family via any technology.  I wonder if an app could be an option for cruisers.  IDK Im not smart enough to figure out the answers, I just felt really bad for the older generation that struggled for 6 months.  😞

9 minutes ago, WholeNewWorld said:

LOL Oceania gives everyone a tablet to use on board.  

They do? 

Maybe for the RTW cruisers   or top suites

We have never had one given to us

• Like 3