Where was I?

23 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Devils Marbles are very close to the Stuart Highway about one-third of the way south from Three Ways towards Alice Springs (138km to be exact). The feature that I showed in the photo is 'around the back' of the main feature. It is near the camping area.

I don't recall seeing them, we have driven from Darwin to Katherine and back.  Are they further south?  We flew to Ayres Rock, then drove to Alice Springs, then flew to Broome, from memory.  We also did a long return bus trip from Darwin to Kakadu.  Lots of long distances in NT.

Edited by MMDown Under

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I don't recall seeing them, we have driven from Darwin to Katherine and back.  Are they further south?  We flew to Ayres Rock, then drove to Alice Springs, then flew to Broome, from memory.  We also did a long return bus trip from Darwin to Kakadu.  Lots of long distances in NT.

More like North they are closer to Tennant Creek

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The Devils Marbles are in the long stretch north from Alice Springs. From the itinerary you mention, you would not have passed them. I agree that there a lot of long distances in NT, but they are in most Australian travel.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Sticking to Australia and another from my recent freedom from Sydney trip😄. Name this memorial:

DSC06866.thumb.JPG.0fadca92df7076d47497c3cb9c946080.JPG

I have given it my all but still this location is leaving me up a creek without a paddle. Lots of land though for a memorial, must be on at least a mass acre.

41 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Devils Marbles are in the long stretch north from Alice Springs. From the itinerary you mention, you would not have passed them. I agree that there a lot of long distances in NT, but they are in most Australian travel.

Thanks  I didn't think I'd seen them.  

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I have given it my all but still this location is leaving me up a creek without a paddle. Lots of land though for a memorial, must be on at least a mass acre.

That is very good😄 are you by chance an enigmatologist😉?

14 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Myall Creek Massacre Memorial?

Correct! A beautiful and moving place, there is 500m walk to the memorial that outlines the time line of events on a red stone path. The winding path represents the seprent with red for blood whereas the rocks around the memorial stone are white for mourning.

Edited by ilikeanswers

4 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

That is very good😄 are you by chance an enigmatologist😉?

Correct! A beautiful and moving place, there is 500m walk to the memorial that outlines the time line of events on a red stone path. The winding path represents the seprent with red for blood whereas the rocks around the memorial stone are white for mourning.

I do like solving puzzles and sometimes creating them as well, so maybe.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I do like solving puzzles and sometimes creating them as well, so maybe.

You did help me with your clue to the last picture. Thanks. Although now it means I have to sit by the computer waiting for someone to come up with the solution to my "Where was I?" I can't start my Netflix show until this puzzle is solved. ...... Maybe I should have put up a really, really easy pic.