Where was I?

3 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Is it Kindertransport the Arrival statue at Liverpool Station? I believe it was dedicated to the operation to get Jewish children out of Nazi occupied territories. 

Correct.

Amazing true story. Rescued About 10,000 children in the lead up and early part of WW II. 

6 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Is it Kindertransport the Arrival statue at Liverpool Station? I believe it was dedicated to the operation to get Jewish children out of Nazi occupied territories. 

2 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Correct.

Amazing true story. Rescued About 10,000 children in the lead up and early part of WW II. 

How very interesting thank you for the information. I had not heard of this before.

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Correct.

SBS had a doco about it last week so your photo brought it front of. They mostly talked about the Czech woman who started it in mainland Europe but they briefly showed that statue when they got to the part of the final transport. It was an amazing story❤️

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

How very interesting thank you for the information. I had not heard of this before.

I remember you had commented on getting background to photos. So I try and add a little bit to mine.

I had originally heard about this through fencing. Sir Nicholas Winton, the main organiser, and his brother were leaders in British fencing. There is still a big competition called the Winton Trophy. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GCHAN said:

Tara River Canyon Montenegro

We have a winner! Deepest canyon in Europe second deepest in the world. The ropes you see in the picture are for the zip line. When we arrived at the bridge the last people to ride across just finished. We stayed in a little mountain chalet nearby, the owner gave us some of their home smoked meats and cheeses and the next day we woke up to sheep in our little front yard😂

7 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

We have a winner! Deepest canyon in Europe second deepest in the world. The ropes you see in the picture are for the zip line. When we arrived at the bridge the last people to ride across just finished. We stayed in a little mountain chalet nearby, the owner gave us some of their home smoked meats and cheeses and the next day we woke up to sheep in our little front yard😂

Croatia and Montenegro are just beautiful

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I was thinking that the zip line would be a pretty exciting one to go on. Usually they are a bit lame.

Edited by GCHAN

20 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

A palace guard in morocco ???

outside a building which could be

The official residence of King ???

It is in Morocco and is an hours drive from Casablanca.

More religious orientated.

Edited by GCHAN

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Those are the memories which make travel so special.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

RABAT, MOROCCO -  at  Royal guard in front of Hassan Tower and Mausoleum of Mohammed

Correct here is the Hassan tower. It is an uncompleted mosque which i think was wrecked by the Lisbon earthquake in 1755 .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassan_Tower

Tour Hassan-Rabat-2.jpg

Edited by GCHAN

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Right now for something different,funny_8065928.thumb.jpg.5ffcdeffc06ab1c3b604b8e54acd18e2.jpg a funny photo.....

Why is the lawn mover on the roof ?     lol 

( could win a free dinner and a set of steak knives )

And where is this splendid dwelling  ????

Yes in Australia

Cheers Don

The poor guy needs a new side fence.