Where was I?

6 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Trying the other side😜: Beara Peninsula

Well done. Also known as the Ring of Beara. It's a beautiful day drive. We decided to do that rather than the Ring of Kerry as I'd read that the Ring of Kerry could get very congested with tour buses. The roads are very, very narrow. We saw very little traffic although we did run into a temporary road block at one point - a very stroppy sheep which refused to let us through for several minutes. 

The photo was a zoomed in shot of Ballydonegan Beach. The scenery was just spectacular around that section of the drive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well done. Also known as the Ring of Beara. It's a beautiful day drive. We decided to do that rather than the Ring of Kerry as I'd read that the Ring of Kerry could get very congested with tour buses. The roads are very, very narrow. We saw very little traffic although we did run into a temporary road block at one point - a very stroppy sheep which refused to let us through for several minutes. 

Couldn't have done it without the Sheep's Head clue 😉. Some of these scenic drive can get congested. In Iceland we did a few routes and most were pretty empty but on the last day we did the popular Golden Circle drive and OMG what a difference😱. The amount of cars and people was such a shock after a week of empty roads. We actually had to pass and come back later to some sights just because it was too crowded at the time. Getting off the well worn road has its advantages🤗

18 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Underground cathedral, weiszeka? salt mine near Zakopane Poland.

It's spelt Wieliczka and it is near Krakow not Zakopane but you got underground catherdral and salt mine so I understand enough to say you are right😉

11 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

It's spelt Wieliczka and it is near Krakow not Zakopane but you got underground catherdral and salt mine so I understand enough to say you are right😉

Sorry about the spelling, we actually went there on a bus tour from our hotel in Zakopane.  It was in 1990 and the east European countries were opening up. It was certainly a great time for western tourists to visit. 

13 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Sorry about the spelling, we actually went there on a bus tour from our hotel in Zakopane.  It was in 1990 and the east European countries were opening up. It was certainly a great time for western tourists to visit. 

From Zakopane, that would have been a long day trip,😮 and that would have been before the highway was built. From Krakow it is only 12km about a 20 minute car ride😄.

Edited by ilikeanswers

13 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Hong Kong

Not far away.
On review you are right. It is Tsuen Wan in the new territories but is now part of greater Hong Kong.
The Nina hotel was to have been 116 stories but due to being beneath the airport flight path was amended to 2 smaller towers.

Your bat.

Edited by Bowm54
Comment