Where was I?

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

chicken it sar,  mexico

😂 Sounds like a yummy curry. Unfortunately none of the pyramids Chichen Itza are stable enough for climbing.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Pyramid of the moon Teotihuacan?

Yep, your turn again😉

Just now, boeckli said:

My favourite river Elbe

You are correct. Can you name the village? We were there to hike to the Bastei Brucke unfortunately my knee wasn't up to the task and we didn't make it. We were there with a pen pal of Lynn's who had been up many times. I don't think they were happy that we didn't make it. I found out after we got home that you can get there by car. Next time we are around there we will go that way. That little ferry across the river is tethered and runs by the power of the river current. You can see the line of buoys they are floating the cable.

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

You are correct. Can you name the village? We were there to hike to the Bastei Brucke unfortunately my knee wasn't up to the task and we didn't make it. We were there with a pen pal of Lynn's who had been up many times. I don't think they were happy that we didn't make it. I found out after we got home that you can get there by car. Next time we are around there we will go that way. That little ferry across the river is tethered and runs by the power of the river current. You can see the line of buoys they are floating the cable.

Sorry no idea as to the village. Haven't been to that part of the Elbe (only know my way around the much lower regions). Bastei Brücke is near Dresden from what I can find.

More specifically, Kurort Rathen. The Bastei is close to Dresden. That is where Lynn's pen pal was from, they were wonderful hosts and didn't let us pay for anything. We traveled by train to the little ferry and then the failed attempt to hike to the Bastei. We then had a little break for coffee and tea at a place by the river then we had a little river cruise on a vintage paddle wheeler. I'm not sure if it was steam or diesel but it had an open crank shaft

P1000087.thumb.JPG.b60a5ad22ce0e4c47dfe9d91b5a11ceb.JPG

It was a great day, I'm still disappointed my knee gave out

I will stand down now for a bit and let others have a turn. Ilikeanswers is either a seasoned world traveler or a master of google. It's off to bed for me. At some point if this game carries on and I get another turn I may post a picture of Vimy it is impressive.

For me it's bed time, and I'll catch up when I wake up.

Cheers, Lyle

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Sorry I google.... "statue of dog with beret"    I have never been to europe, asia, africa or the americas..... yes i am a bit boring

Cheers Don 

Not having been to those places doesn't mean you are boring Don 🙂 Going places does not make a person!

Nothing to be sorry about googling, do it myself. I was simply interested to possibly find someone who had actually seen it.

• Like 1

My parents travel a lot OS in 70 & 80's ... and sat through night after night of slide shows

Afterward I could almost tell you where all the photo were taken........

anyway     taken on a cruise a few years ago one is morning the other afternoon

and not in europe, asia, africa or the americas.....lol

Cheers Don

1522172879_newphoto_C127121.thumb.jpg.d7cfffb8bec3a183ccbd4232b67e858d.jpg883448691_newphoto_C127147.thumb.jpg.9970c87af97d68c3b8c53c34286c972d.jpg