Where was I?

We had an amazing time exploring the area, stayed for around 4 days (Mine and my brother's family), some really happy times but also some sadness at some of the places. The Australian Government has done a wonderful job with the war memorials, especially at Hell fire Pass.

51 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hotel Del Coronado  in California

Correct, a very iconic location in San Diego.

San Diego is one of my favourite places in the US, beautiful weather all year round and many attractions in and around the city. We have been there numerous times for cruises and land trips and also have (cruise) friends that live nearby that we catch up with when visiting.

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Correct, a very iconic location in San Diego.

San Diego is one of my favourite places in the US, beautiful weather all year round and many attractions in and around the city. We have been there numerous times for cruises and land trips and also have (cruise) friends that live nearby that we catch up with when visiting.

I like San Diego also, as it is unique.  Agree Lots to see and do there.

25 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Yes Bingo

Leaving Wellington  NZ ...just dropped off the pilot...  and just past Pencarrow Lighthouses

Cheers Don

I knew it looked familiar but I couldn't think where it was. 

That is close enough, we are on Allure of the Seas that is Oasis of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas is on the other side.We all came side by side off Fort Lauderdale and sailed down to Miami. Harmony had just arrived for the first time from Europe and they had helicopters there taking promo pics.

56 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Could have put this photo,,, but the ferry was a give away.... it was another lovely day in wellington tooferry_B148830.thumb.JPG.2c10b1ef10ae672c755bde68c62e08de.JPG

Even without the ferry that view was easily recognisable from the hills and Somes Island.