Where was I?

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Spot on.... while we were at Picton big storm moved in just after lunch..... one could say the tender ride back to the ship was exciting....

Cheers Don..

Don't think I have ever been on a tender in Picton, have always docked -  what ship were you on and how long ago?

3 minutes ago, boeckli said:

Don't think I have ever been on a tender in Picton, have always docked -  what ship were you on and how long ago?

It was an interesting cruise  on the Golden Princess Melbourne to  Auckland then, stopped at Tauranga, Gisborne Wellington, then two huge storms fronts on the east and west coasts of the south island... so south island cancelled, but stopped a Picton as a lst minute thing  thus tender.... then a slow trip back to Melbourne after head as far north as Sydney to miss the storm

Cheers Don

3 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

It was an interesting cruise  on the Golden Princess Melbourne to  Auckland then, stopped at Tauranga, Gisborne Wellington, then two huge storms fronts on the east and west coasts of the south island... so south island cancelled, but stopped a Picton as a lst minute thing  thus tender.... then a slow trip back to Melbourne after head as far north as Sydney to miss the storm

Cheers Don

Wow, sounds like quite a trip!

YES, Sydney harbour, the heads never looked so good, this was the last cruise on Celebrity Solstice when the covid 19 ban came in , we had just passed Ruby Princess as she left Sydney and we where the next ship in, we had just spent 5 days at sea not knowing if we where going to be let in to dock or not. This was the only cruise we where so happy to get off on to land and get home.Yes we had to go into 14 days quarintine after we got home.

16 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

YES, Sydney harbour, the heads never looked so good, this was the last cruise on Celebrity Solstice when the covid 19 ban came in , we had just passed Ruby Princess as she left Sydney and we where the next ship in, we had just spent 5 days at sea not knowing if we where going to be let in to dock or not. This was the only cruise we where so happy to get off on to land and get home.Yes we had to go into 14 days quarintine after we got home.

Did you quarantine at home or a hotel?

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Sorry I google.... "statue of dog with beret"    I have never been to europe, asia, africa or the americas..... yes i am a bit boring

Cheers Don 

One of the ideas behind starting this thread was to allow us to virtually visit new places, or revisit (and possibly see a new perspective of) places we know.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We have always docked as well, large ships included, just at the commercial wharf (logging port) though.

The log wharf has enabled the bigger ships to dock at Picton . It has been a recent addition to the port and is accessed via a cutting through the hill . Before that medium sized ships could dock at the ferry port and the big ones at anchor..

Once off the ship never heard fron cruise line, but that was fine health department rang to check on us for symptoms, we where notified that a passenger that left the ship in Dunedin had tested positive.