Where was I?

I always like going down to Anse Vata Beach for a swim, either by local bus or the HOHO one. We then walk around to Lemon Bay, sometimes calling in at the Aquarium for a look at the Turtles feeding, getting a great view from on the high point of the hill and then heading for a drink and snack at La Barca, use some Wifi and head back to the ship.

Chobe River, Botswana/Namibia. I have been wanting to chime in for a few days now. I was away last week and when I got home I had 18 pages to read. Knew quite a few earlier ones, but always was on at the wrong time.

1 minute ago, vada_9 said:

Chobe River, Botswana/Namibia. I have been wanting to chime in for a few days now. I was away last week and when I got home I had 18 pages to read. Knew quite a few earlier ones, but always was on at the wrong time.

They are not African Elephants, look at their ears.

48 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

The only one I know off the top of my head would Ananda Elephant Sanctuary. Otherwise I will have to hit google😂

25 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Pinnawala orphanage.

25 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Having had a bit of a Google and looking at the background now I think it is Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage🤔

Need to go south east, closer to Hambantota, famous for having safari in, You Are Looking About for a National Park.

Just changing the subject a bit.  Do any of you good people have experience scanning your photo negatives to digital and what device did you use?

Im not too worried about ultra high resolution, just something which will look 

ok on a monitor.

36 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Just changing the subject a bit.  Do any of you good people have experience scanning your photo negatives to digital and what device did you use?

Im not too worried about ultra high resolution, just something which will look 

ok on a monitor.

If you have a camera make a lightbox set up a tripod and have your camera pointing at the negative. Not too close that you see the pixels, the distance will depend on your camera and if using DSLR use a lens with as shallow depth of field as possible. Then using a photo editing tool you can turn the photographed negatives into positives.

Another way to do it is on your phone there are even apps that make it easier, though you still need to make a lightbox:

You Can Now Use Your Phone to Turn Old Negatives and Slides Into Photos

This video is nice and short and shows you how to make a homemade lightbox:

How to scan 35mm or 120 negatives without a scanner.

6 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

If you have a camera make a lightbox set up a tripod and have your camera pointing at the negative. Not too close that you see the pixels, the distance will depend on your camera and if using DSLR use a lens with as shallow depth of field as possible. Then using a photo editing tool you can turn the photographed negatives into positives.

Another way to do it is on your phone there are even apps that make it easier, though you still need to make a lightbox:

You Can Now Use Your Phone to Turn Old Negatives and Slides Into Photos

This video is nice and short and shows you how to make a homemade lightbox:

How to scan 35mm or 120 negatives without a scanner.

Thanks for that.

Im really looking for an integrated unit which scans the inserted negatives.

There are a number available at various prices, I would be happy to pay around the $200 mark for a reasonable quality middle of the road unit that works well.

Hi Bowm54,

A couple of years ago i bought a device that scaned all my old 35mm slides and negatives to my computer, it was fairly simple progress after a couple of goes no trouble.

I bought it from Harvey Normans it was a,

KAISER BAAS,  PHOTO MAKER

9 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Hmm I'm thinking🤔 YALA National Park😜

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

We visited the Yala National Park out of Hambantota on a 20 night HAL expedition cruise. It left out of Singapore and took us up the Malacca Strait visiting various Malaysian and Thai ports before going to Sri Lanka (ports) and the Maldives (2 ports) before heading back to Singapore and visiting a few more ports. Yala was wonderful and although we didn't see a leopard (day visit), we did see plenty of other wildlife.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Is that  The Guoliang Tunnel  Huixian, Xinxiang, Henan Province of China.

Seen photos of it amazing.....

Cheers Don

I have seen those photos too, I agree amazing but this is a different one, though East Asia is the right area😉